Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

deltaffindfw
Topic Author

Delta Bans AS From Seattle Pride

Wed May 18, 2016 5:37 pm

SonomaFlyer

RE: Delta Bans AS From Seattle Pride

Wed May 18, 2016 5:44 pm

It really is a silly thing for Delta to do. They could've done other things to minimize the AS brand in terms of exposure while still allowing AS to participate.

Petty isn't becoming.

HALFA

Wed May 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Shame on Delta and shame on the parade organizers for permitting such absurdity. I've never marched in a parade but if I were an Alaska Airlines employee, I would march in this one and wear my Alaska Airlines logo with pride!

Aloha,
HALFA
Hawaiian Airlines Since 1929...........

a380787

Wed May 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Sponsorship is one thing. When you ban people in a parade that's supposed to be all about inclusiveness, regardless of your political affiliation, that's petty and small-minded. If they think that'll "win Seattle" with this kind of approach they're totally wrong.

Someone should remind them that SEA's political leanings are far different from ATL and state of GA. What works back home (like the whole FoxTheater/QR/JLo fiasco) doesn't work elsewhere, esp in a market they're trying to gain loyalty.

Sightseer

Wed May 18, 2016 5:50 pm

The article itself says DL is merely banning any mention/signage of AS, while the employee message referenced in the article says AS employees are not allowed to take part at all, which if true would be ridiculous. But assuming the former is correct, while it does seem petty, at the same time I can understand why DL would want to do that as the exclusive sponsor.

[Edited 2016-05-18 10:51:23]

cokepopper

Wed May 18, 2016 5:54 pm

I would Hardly call Savvystews "press". The story is bogus

Delta put up a statement this am, basically stating that If they had been contacted,
paraphrasing- as
a partner of Seattle Pride and Pride Events around the world, Delta celebrates inclusiveness spirit of
pride and all members of the LGBTQ community.
While the sponsorship allows us to display Delta branding at the event, Delta has IN NO WAY restricted the participation OR ATTIRE of an individual or group participating in the Seattle Pride event.
Much to do about nothing here.

cokepopper

Wed May 18, 2016 5:56 pm

Quoting SonomaFlyer (Reply 1):

just not true

Quoting HALFA (Reply 2):

no shane in Delta's game... The story isn't true.

a380787

Wed May 18, 2016 5:57 pm

The allegation is that AS employees can participate through other organizations (e.g. marching with a college group or a support group etc) but not allowed to display AS brand anywhere on their attire.

I see potential backlash as AS employee groups would purposely encourage their members to wear their attire to rub it in DL's face in defiance, and end up with far more AS branding than if DL said nothing in the first place.

You can buy sponsorship but you cannot buy loyalty. Those must be earned.

mpdpilot

Wed May 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Not that I agree with this decision, if you read the actual Seattle Times article it indicates that it is more of the Seattle Pride organization than Delta making this limitation. Now whether Delta demanded the exclusivity clause I do not know. But it seems that this was an exclusive agreement, so allowing a company that has sponsored the event in the past to continue to doesn't make a lot of sense.

...“We can’t have them promoting Alaska Airlines when Delta bought the category sponsorship,” said Colin Bishop, a public-relations spokesperson for the Seattle Pride Parade. “That would be free marketing. When T-Mobile’s in there, we don’t have groups marching from AT&T or Verizon.”...

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...und-seattle-pride-parade-marchers/

It is also misleading to say that DL is banning AS Employees from walking in the parade as they are still welcome to participate just not wearing Alaska Airlines branding.

Either way, anyone who works in PR could probably have told you this wasn't going to go well for either party.
One mile of highway gets you one mile, one mile of runway gets you anywhere.

dabpit

Wed May 18, 2016 6:02 pm

Here is a link to the original article: http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...und-seattle-pride-parade-marchers/

The SavyStews article makes it seem like Alaska employees are banned from participating. That is not the case, they just can't have any corporate branding or anything that says Alaska Airlines. They can also participate in other areas outside of the parade and identify as Alaskan. Take anything from SavyStews with a handful of salt, they like to spin stories.
Carpe Diem

enilria

Wed May 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Quoting a380787 (Reply 3):

This is the third item this week where Delta is using pretty heavy handed marketing tactics against competitors. It seems as if they have maybe hired a new person to manage these things and that person is trying to make a mark for themselves. Somebody needs to pull back the reins as this is doing more harm than good.

HALFA

Wed May 18, 2016 6:20 pm

After doing a little digging, I am happy to report that this story is not true and Delta is neither banning Alaska employees from marching or from wearing Alaska Airlines logo wear. Delta released the following statement today:

"As a partner of Seattle Pride and Pride events around the world, Delta celebrates the inclusive spirit of Pride and all members of the LGBTQ community. While our sponsorship allows us to display Delta branding at the event, Delta has in no way restricted the participation or attire of any individual or group participating in Seattle Pride events. Each year, Delta people proudly walk alongside airlines and other companies in support of the LGBTQ community at Pride events around the country. True to the spirit of Pride and our belief in inclusivity, we welcome participation from all members of the community."

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/riva...ines-out-of-pride-parade/291565520
Hawaiian Airlines Since 1929...........

cokepopper

Wed May 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Quoting HALFA (Reply 11):

Thank you

gatibosgru

Wed May 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Delta always doing the most. But shame on the pride organizers for closing such a deal.
@DadCelo

alfa164

Wed May 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Quoting gatibosgru (Reply 13):
Delta always doing the most. But shame on the pride organizers for closing such a deal.

That "shameful" deal looks like a commonly-accepted sponsorship agreement. Apparently, prior to this year, they had closed the same deal with Alaska Airlines. It wasn't shameful then, nor is it shameful now.

It looks like the story was a fabrication, written by someone with an axe to grind.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Osubuckeyes

Wed May 18, 2016 7:03 pm

One has to wonder why an event in a public place is legally allowed to obtain an exclusive sponsorship. It seems a bit ridiculous to me that events using public space are allowed to restrict others.

IslandRob

Wed May 18, 2016 7:09 pm

This type of paranoid pettiness is really souring my opinion of Delta management. The negative publicity far exceeds any benefit Alaska Airlines might have received from openly participating. Get a grip, Delta. -ir
If you wrote me off, I'd understand it
'Cause I've been on some other planet
So come pick me up, I've landed

jetlanta

Wed May 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Quoting IslandRob (Reply 16):

This type of paranoid pettiness is really souring my opinion of Delta management. The negative publicity far exceeds any benefit Alaska Airlines might have received from openly participating. Get a grip, Delta. -ir

Did you bother to read this:

After doing a little digging, I am happy to report that this story is not true and Delta is neither banning Alaska employees from marching or from wearing Alaska Airlines logo wear. Delta released the following statement today:

"As a partner of Seattle Pride and Pride events around the world, Delta celebrates the inclusive spirit of Pride and all members of the LGBTQ community. While our sponsorship allows us to display Delta branding at the event, Delta has in no way restricted the participation or attire of any individual or group participating in Seattle Pride events. Each year, Delta people proudly walk alongside airlines and other companies in support of the LGBTQ community at Pride events around the country. True to the spirit of Pride and our belief in inclusivity, we welcome participation from all members of the community."

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/riva...ines-out-of-pride-parade/291565520

deltal1011man

Wed May 18, 2016 7:26 pm

Quoting a380787 (Reply 3):

Someone should remind them that SEA's political leanings are far different from ATL and state of GA. What works back home (like the whole FoxTheater/QR/JLo fiasco) doesn't work elsewhere, esp in a market they're trying to gain loyalty.

Not sure why you think people in Atlanta would be happy about something like this had it been true. ATL has a very large LGBT population.

Quoting enilria (Reply 10):

This is the third item this week where Delta is using pretty heavy handed marketing tactics against competitors. It seems as if they have maybe hired a new person to manage these things and that person is trying to make a mark for themselves. Somebody needs to pull back the reins as this is doing more harm than good.

Enilria on it again!

Good call E, good call.  

PS 3rd time? what are the other two?

Sightseer

Wed May 18, 2016 7:29 pm

So this thread can be closed now, right?

ASFlyer

This is DL spin. AS employees can wear t-shirts if they like but that's the limit to the amount of visibility that AS can have. In previous parades, where AS was a major sponsor, both airlines have carried signage and been very visible. Because of the agreement that DL signed, AS employees can be in the parade, they just can't carry any type of signage or pass out any literature that would indicate who they work for. They can, however, wear AS t-shirts if they like... as if DL could stop that anyway. The bottom line is that DL has signed an agreement that limits the participation in the parade and the festival to only themselves in terms of visibility. If AS wants to maintain a tent at the festival with employees wearing t-shirts they may, but they may not pass anything out that has the AS logo on it or have any type of AS signage. Lame. But great spin by DL trying to look all innocent. The Seattle Pride Organization and Delta are equally responsible for ensuring that competitors are not able to participate.

Western727

After doing a little digging

Thank you, HALFA. As a marketing professional, I've negotiated exclusivity agreements, and they are a lot more common than one might think. Exclusivity means more money for the event organizers (as opposed to less collective sponsorship dollars if "all" players from a given industry were invited to sponsor); it also means more "eye time" for the sponsor.

An example is AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys), where people are free to wear attire from AT&T's competitors; it's just that the venue itself will only post banners, air video ads, etc. for the exclusive sponsor on/in the premises or in its online presence (web and social media).

I've been on the "other" side and have grumbled when a competitor scooped up an exclusivity agreement...but it's par for the course. And indeed the original article's writer clearly has an axe to grind with DL.
Jack @ AUS

airtechy

Wed May 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Actually it sours my opinion of the "savvy stews" ... whoever they/he/she is. It would benefit everyone here if ...some...posters wouuld check facts before showing their...continuing...dislike for Delta.

ASFlyer

Wed May 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Quoting alfa164 (Reply 14):
That "shameful" deal looks like a commonly-accepted sponsorship agreement. Apparently, prior to this year, they had closed the same deal with Alaska Airlines. It wasn't shameful then, nor is it shameful now.

No, they didn't "close the same deal with Alaska Airlines". Yes, Alaska was a major sponsor. No, Alaska never inhibited DL in any way. DL employees maintained a very visible presence in the parade and at the festival with signage and literature and give-aways. They were not inhibited in what they could do or how visible they could be in any way.

tzfalax

Wed May 18, 2016 7:35 pm

...“We can’t have them promoting Alaska Airlines when Delta bought the category sponsorship,” said Colin Bishop, a public-relations spokesperson for the Seattle Pride Parade. “That would be free marketing. When T-Mobile’s in there, we don’t have groups marching from AT&T or Verizon.”...

Based on the above quote from the Seattle Times by Seattle Pride Parade spokesperson, it seems there was a communication that no Alaska logos could be visible. I'm sure this was spelled out in any contract that Delta signed. Its not clear whether or not it was a Delta request or not. Either way, I can't image the legal team at Delta would have signed off on a contract without reading and understanding the entire thing. What seems to have happened, Delta agreed to the terms, but in response to public response and perception has rethought and has now released a press release to try and save face.

AABB777

Wed May 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Quoting Western727 (Reply 21):
Thank you, HALFA. As a marketing professional, I've negotiated exclusivity agreements, and they are a lot more common than one might think. Exclusivity means more money for the event organizers (as opposed to less collective sponsorship dollars if "all" players from a given industry were invited to sponsor); it also means more "eye time" for the sponsor.

An example is AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys), where people are free to wear attire from AT&T's competitors; it's just that the venue itself will only post banners, air video ads, etc. for the exclusive sponsor on/in the premises or in its online presence (web and social media).

I've been on the "other" side and have grumbled when a competitor scooped up an exclusivity agreement...but it's par for the course. And indeed the original article's writer clearly has an axe to grind with DL.

I fail to see what the issue is here. DL paid a higher sponsorship fee for an exclusivity agreement. Therefore, they are the only airline allowed to advertise at the pride festivities. It's obviously a higher sponsorship level vs what AS has paid in the past. Would we all be up in arms if Starbucks became the exclusive coffee sponsor?

alfa164

Wed May 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 23):
No, they didn't "close the same deal with Alaska Airlines".

If you know that, then you must have access to the contracts that were signed.

If you have access to those contracts, please post them for us all to see.

Quoting Western727 (Reply 21):
Thank you, HALFA. As a marketing professional, I've negotiated exclusivity agreements, and they are a lot more common than one might think. Exclusivity means more money for the event organizers (as opposed to less collective sponsorship dollars if "all" players from a given industry were invited to sponsor); it also means more "eye time" for the sponsor. An example is AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys), where people are free to wear attire from AT&T's competitors; it's just that the venue itself will only post banners, air video ads, etc. for the exclusive sponsor on/in the premises or in its online presence (web and social media). I've been on the "other" side and have grumbled when a competitor scooped up an exclusivity agreement...but it's par for the course. And indeed the original article's writer clearly has an axe to grind with DL.

a380787

Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Quoting deltal1011man (Reply 18):

Not sure why you think people in Atlanta would be happy about something like this had it been true. ATL has a very large LGBT population.

It's 4.2% of metro pop, which is next to IND and nothing all that impressive considering the nationwide average is 3.8% :

www.nytimes.com/2015/03/21/upshot/th...-smallest-gay-population.html?_r=0

In terms of absolute figures, a slightly outdated 2005 data ranking shows it between SJC and BOS, and barely 14.6% the volume of NYC metro.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

Is that your definition of "very large" ?

BigGSFO

Wed May 18, 2016 7:59 pm

Lots emotions around this. DL is trying to spin their way out of this, but make no mistake - they want exclusive rights to be the *only* airline sponsor of Seattle Pride. Alaska never got in the way of DL participating before. However my biggest issue is with the Seattle Pride Organizers. Maybe they should have done their homework- Delta is the only major US airline to not score a perfect 100 on the HRC Corporate Equality Index. They lose points for not extending medical coverage to transgender employees seeking surgery. Many might think this is not a big deal, but if you're a transgender, it is. So somewhat hypocritical in practice - but they will sure write a big fat check to go after the gay dollar.

deltal1011man

Wed May 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Quoting a380787 (Reply 27):

Is that your definition of "very large" ?

I would say so.

Of course my main point is your stupid stereotype doesn't fit in at all.

Western727

Wed May 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 28):
However my biggest issue is with the Seattle Pride Organizers. Maybe they should have done their homework- Delta is the only major US airline to not score a perfect 100 on the HRC Corporate Equality Index. They lose points for not extending medical coverage to transgender employees seeking surgery.

A valid point you have there. Signing exclusivity agreements with sponsors means "getting in bed" with them, so to speak, so potential exclusive sponsors ought to be vetted before signing on the dotted line, especially if it involves an organization like Seattle Pride.

And, for the record, I'm a SEA native and therefore an automatic AS fan!  
Jack @ AUS

ASFlyer

Wed May 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Quoting alfa164 (Reply 26):
If you know that, then you must have access to the contracts that were signed.

If you have access to those contracts, please post them for us all to see.

First of all, if I did have access to those contracts (which I don't, and I'm sure you know that) I wouldn't be posting them on Airliners.net for your perusal. That's ridiculous.

Second of all, you don't need the contracts to know that Delta has had a very visible presence at the Seattle Pride parade and festival throughout the last years, as has Alaska. You also don't need the contracts to know that during those years Alaska was a major sponsor. If Alaska had any such stipulation in their contracts that inhibited any other airline from carrying signage and passing out literature and give-aways then it was egregiously violated every year for at least the last 5 or 6 years. Not being privy to those contracts, I can't say for sure but I can't imagine that AS would have continued their sponsorship as they had for many years.

Polot

Wed May 18, 2016 8:11 pm

Quoting a380787 (Reply 27):
and barely 14.6% the volume of NYC metro.

Considering that Atlanta (city) has a population about 5% of NYC (city), that is very good. Be careful comparing raw numbers, you have to take into account city size. Your list for example, shows ATL having the 3rd highest percentage of LGBT population of any city, after Seattle and of course San Fransisco. 60% of ATL would have to be gay to match NYC's volume. By metro area that drops down, but still higher than such places as NYC or LA.

Not bad for a city in GA.

[Edited 2016-05-18 13:13:24]

a380787

Wed May 18, 2016 8:12 pm

Quoting deltal1011man (Reply 29):

I would say so.

Of course my main point is your stupid stereotype doesn't fit in at all.

Sorry those are actual statistics, not stereotypes. But then again, you have this ego about ATL is on par with global cities like New York LA and London, so be my guest of keep believing what you believe in instead of facing the statistics and facts, which I have shared from (reasonably) reputable sources.

I was just in ATL for a weekend about 3 weeks ago for a wedding, going to various places along I-75, 85, and 285, from Midtown up to Norcross. While sizable and sprawling and uniquely appealing, the metro simply isn't "Tokyo of the Deep South".

Polot

Wed May 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Quoting a380787 (Reply 33):
Sorry those are actual statistics, not stereotypes. But then again, you have this ego about ATL is on par with global cities like New York LA and London, so be my guest of keep believing what you believe in instead of facing the statistics and facts, which I have shared from (reasonably) reputable sources.

He never said that? He just said ATL has a large LGBT population. In comparison to the overall city size that is true. Your statistics support his argument.

a380787

Wed May 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Quoting Polot (Reply 32):

Considering that Atlanta (city) has a population about 5% of NYC (city), that is very good. Be careful comparing raw numbers, you have to take into account city size. Your list for example, shows ATL having the 3rd highest percentage of LGBT population of any city, after Seattle and of course San Fransisco. By metro area that drops down, but still higher than such places as NYC or LA.

Not bad for a city in GA.

You should be using metro to metro comparisons, not city to city comparisons (which we all know are meaningless in the US context). The 3rd highest rank you've referenced about ATL is city limits, which isn't useful.

By total metro %, it's SFO PDX AUS MSY SEA BOS, and onwards. NY and LA are large by sheer volume of population not by %. ATL is Top 10 large by neither metric.

a380787

Wed May 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Quoting Polot (Reply 34):

He never said that? He just said ATL has a large LGBT population. In comparison to the overall city size that is true. Your statistics support his argument.

Atlanta city is barely 7.2% of the CSA population, so a measurement of Atlanta city alone is thoroughly meaningless.

BigGSFO

Wed May 18, 2016 8:23 pm

We aren't here to debate stats on the gay communities. We are here to discuss the DL sponsorship of Seattle Pride and it's impact on AS. Let's keep it on topic please.

Polot

Wed May 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Quoting a380787 (Reply 36):
You should be using metro to metro comparisons, not city to city comparisons (which we all know are meaningless in the US context). The 3rd highest rank you've referenced about ATL is city limits, which isn't useful.
Quoting a380787 (Reply 36):
Atlanta city is barely 7.2% of the CSA population, so a measurement of Atlanta city alone is thoroughly meaningless.

I'm aware. You are the one that brought city population into the discussion when you said ATL generates 14.6% the volume of ATL. That 14.6% number is true for the city populations, not the metro populations. The Atlanta metro area generates ~32% of the volume of the NYC metro area. Not bad when the ATL CSA population is ~26% of the NYC CSA.

bobnwa

Wed May 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Quoting enilria (Reply 10):

Did you read the posting that Delta says it said no such thing? kind of blows your posting out of the water!!!

TVNWZ

Wed May 18, 2016 8:45 pm

I love these arguments where we actually know nothing about what we are talking about.

We don't know what AS's contract was. AS could have been a major sponsor, but one rung below a major "exclusive" sponsorship. Or AS could have had a major exclusive deal and just did not enforce that provision. But, we don't know.

DL could have come in and said, "We will take the Exclusive major sponsorship. That would be cool for us and more money for you."

AS may have then been told about that by the organizers and elected not to match what Delta bought. There are often first right of refusal clauses in these contracts. But, we really don't know.

Now, the organizers may have just insisted that DL get what it paid for. Again, we don't know exactly what they paid for and if it was different than what AS paid for.

But, if they bought an "exclusive" deal I would expect that deal to be honored.

airtechy

Wed May 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Quoting TVNWZ (Reply 40):
I love these arguments where we actually know nothing about what we are talking about.

That may be the most correct thing I have read...and agreed..on today! But it was a perfect opportunity to bash the big bad Delta. Fasts are not necessary for a good bashing.  

delimit

Wed May 18, 2016 10:19 pm

The parade offered Delta an exclusivity agreement and Delta accepted; but now Delta is at fault for agreeing to it?
Ok...

pjc747

Wed May 18, 2016 10:32 pm

Why is it necessary for an airline to engage in activism?

exFWAOONW

Wed May 18, 2016 10:40 pm

Quoting AABB777 (Reply 25):
I fail to see what the issue is here. DL paid a higher sponsorship fee for an exclusivity agreement. Therefore, they are the only airline allowed to advertise at the pride festivities. It's obviously a higher sponsorship level vs what AS has paid in the past. Would we all be up in arms if Starbucks became the exclusive coffee sponsor?
Quoting TVNWZ (Reply 40):
DL could have come in and said, "We will take the Exclusive major sponsorship. That would be cool for us and more money for you."

The organizers wanted DL's money (wasted in this case) and DL said we have a few strings attached to our money. Not a big deal, both parties agreed to this. After all, governments do it everyday. (if you take our money, you have to jump through these hoops.)
Is just me, or is flying not as much fun anymore?

aa777lvr

Wed May 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Let's spin it this way. DL is electing to pull it's sponsorship of the Fox and re-direct funds to promoting LGBT causes with the SEA pride events. DL is interested in supporting causes important to it's LGBT employees. If Alaska was more interested in supporting the LGBT community maybe it should have upped it's offer for sponsorship. (Spin).....was AS too cheap to offer more money for LGBT sponsorhip?

AA777LVR

delimit

Wed May 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Quoting pjc747 (Reply 43):

Because it benefits their employees.

Quoting exFWAOONW (Reply 44):
The organizers wanted DL's money (wasted in this case) and DL said we have a few strings attached to our money.

The Parade offered Delta exclusivity. Delta did not suggest it.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...und-seattle-pride-parade-marchers/

thekorean

Wed May 18, 2016 10:59 pm

If we are going to blame someone can't we blame the organizers for offering/agreeing to Delta's exclusive rights?

alfa164

Wed May 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Quoting pjc747 (Reply 43):

Your "activism" may well be another person's "support".

Quoting aa777lvr (Reply 45):
Let's spin it this way. DL is electing to pull it's sponsorship of the Fox and re-direct funds to promoting LGBT causes with the SEA pride events. DL is interested in supporting causes important to it's LGBT employees. If Alaska was more interested in supporting the LGBT community maybe it should have upped it's offer for sponsorship. (Spin).....was AS too cheap to offer more money for LGBT sponsorhip?

I wouldn't suggest AS and DL get into a bidding war; while that might make the organization richer, it might also ruffle feathers on both sides.

I do find it ironic, however, that a company based in the deep (can you say "redneck"?) South is the main sponsor of an LGBT event in the far northwest... but kudos to them for it - whatever their motives.

DeltaB717

Wed May 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Quoting deltal1011man (Reply 18):
PS 3rd time? what are the other two?

I assume one of them is withdrawing its sponsorship of the theatre in Atlanta which is hosting a function for QR. As to the third time, not a clue...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos