Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Georgetown
Topic Author

UA Announcement / Event June 2

Sat May 21, 2016 5:02 pm

United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz to Tell How Airline Will Improve the Customer Experience

Looks like a major event June 2. Let the speculation begin. My guess it has something to do with new biz class product, but either way they're setting it up to be something big. (Or they're just re-introducing Illy coffee for the 10th time [/cynicism]

Happy speculating!

[Edited 2016-05-21 10:05:39]
Let's go Hoyas!

LAXintl

RE: UA Announcement / Event June 2

Sat May 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Yes invites went out this week for certainly the new seat reveal due on the 77W only 6-months out

United and Oscar are doing the keynote event at Global Business Travel conference in DEN in July as well.

http://i0.wp.com/www.travelingformiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Screen-Shot-2016-03-17-at-15.08.40.png?resize=1024%2C461

[Edited 2016-05-21 11:03:11]
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

United1

Sat May 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Quoting Georgetown (Thread starter):
My guess it has something to do with new biz class product, but either way they're setting it up to be something big.

The new J class seat is virtually assured to be launched....I also would not be surprised if they announce an economy basic product as well.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

Georgetown
Topic Author

Sat May 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Yep the "no frills" economy pricing is likely as well I'd imagine.
Let's go Hoyas!

Sooner787

Sat May 21, 2016 5:28 pm

New livery announcement ...please!!!!!!!!

rwsea

Sat May 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Was hoping this might be a much-needed rebranding announcement, with new logo, livery, uniforms, etc. Still the number one priority in my mind in terms of rebooting UA's reputation in the marketplace and continuing to improve employee morale (building on Oscar's successes already).

With that said, the new business class is also much-needed and would be an exciting announcement too.

usflyguy

Sat May 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Looks like a useless table almost behind the aisle-side seats.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

TWA772LR

Sat May 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Quoting usflyguy (Reply 6):
Looks like a useless table almost behind the aisle-side seats.

Think storage and additional work space. Although it is hard to see if there is a compartment there. It would make sense though.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

caljn

Sat May 21, 2016 6:55 pm

I amazed this man is working following a heart transplant surgery.

AA737-823

Sat May 21, 2016 7:05 pm

Quoting rwsea (Reply 5):
Was hoping this might be a much-needed rebranding announcement, with new logo, livery, uniforms, etc. Still the number one priority in my mind in terms of rebooting UA's reputation in the marketplace and continuing to improve employee morale (building on Oscar's successes already).

If airlines rebranded and came up with a new livery every time they had a bad year or two or six, you wouldn't be able to identify ANY of them.
It's not reasonable to expect United to rebrand, further than they already are. The new cabin designs and bulkheads are about as far as it will go, or even needs to go. Passengers care virtually nothing about the paintjob on the aircraft; if they did, American's 1968 livery would have bankrupted them by 1998.

bgm

Sat May 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Quoting AA737-823 (Reply 9):
If airlines rebranded and came up with a new livery every time they had a bad year or two or six, you wouldn't be able to identify ANY of them.
It's not reasonable to expect United to rebrand, further than they already are. The new cabin designs and bulkheads are about as far as it will go, or even needs to go. Passengers care virtually nothing about the paintjob on the aircraft; if they did, American's 1968 livery would have bankrupted them by 1998.

You're missing the point: I think a new livery would help the airline start afresh, especially with its sUA and sCO workforce. A new, 'united' UA livery would help establish a new direction, without the relics of the previous airlines. The current livery reeks of the band-aid mentality that was applied to the merger, and the the toxic environment.

The new business seat looks good. All-aisle access is very welcome.   

rta

Sat May 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Passengers care virtually nothing about the paintjob on the aircraft; if they did, American's 1968 livery would have bankrupted them by 1998.

I agree. The majority of flyers (everyone besides elites/a.netters/etc) won't care about the livery. I do not foresee a new livery in the near future.

Besides, liveries don't "improve the customer experience" in any significant way.

Quote:
You're missing the point: I think a new livery would help the airline start afresh, especially with its sUA and sCO workforce. A new, 'united' UA livery would help establish a new direction, without the relics of the previous airlines. The current livery reeks of the band-aid mentality that was applied to the merger, and the the toxic environment.

Personally I think the damage is already done. The only direction left to go is up.

[Edited 2016-05-21 12:16:55]

jaybird

Sat May 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Improve customer service .. if you don't have people who consistently provide good customer service it doesn't make a different what the plane looks like, what food you serve .. nothing else matters if your people aren't taking care of your customers in a positive manner.

rising

Sat May 21, 2016 9:57 pm

I hope they do a livery refresh. The blue globe they are using on the bulkheads and at airports have a really nice look to them. That on the tail with a new look for the rest would be very welcome.
If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true.

F9Animal

Sat May 21, 2016 10:40 pm

Quoting Sooner787 (Reply 4):
New livery announcement ...please!!!!!!!!
Quoting rwsea (Reply 5):

With that said, the new business class is also much-needed and would be an exciting announcement too.

UA needs a total refresh. From paint jobs to cabins. It's time to bring the tulip back. I think the majority of a.netters have spoken. I also would love to see 1 paint job dedicated to the employees of UA. God knows the men and women of this airline deserve recognition for everything they have been through.
I Am A Different Animal!!

OneSexyL1011

Sat May 21, 2016 10:51 pm

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 14):
UA needs a total refresh. From paint jobs to cabins. It's time to bring the tulip back. I think the majority of a.netters have spoken. I also would love to see 1 paint job dedicated to the employees of UA. God knows the men and women of this airline deserve recognition for everything they have been through.

How on earth would bringing back the tulip solve any of the current issues regarding the two groups? If a "refresh" as you said is in order, than it needs to be a all new rebrand without relics of past eras.

TWA772LR

Sat May 21, 2016 10:56 pm

A new livery isn't going to come any time soon. New liveries only work when branding and/corporate structure gets a total overhaul. United is no where near complete with any kind of rebranding or corporate overhaul, so a new livery would seem like a half assed attempt to when over the public, something g that can bite them very hard in the butt in the future.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

antoniemey

Sat May 21, 2016 11:12 pm

Quoting rwsea (Reply 5):

Was hoping this might be a much-needed rebranding announcement, with new logo, livery, uniforms, etc

They're not changing the overall uniform any time soon. Word is that they're working on improving specific items in the uniform due to employee complaints about comfort and durability, though.

I think the majority of a.netters have spoken.

Because THAT'S gonna matter to the board of directors and shareholders.   

Quoting Reply 15):
If a "refresh" as you said is in order, than it needs to be a all new rebrand without relics of past eras.

You either must honor everything that makes up the current carrier, or not mention it. Given the long-standing animosity between the two sides that is FINALLY starting to be left behind, best to not bring up any of it in any future branding.

At least until the majority of the current employees are retired and there are mostly people working for the company with no connection to either of the former parts.
Make something Idiot-proof, and the Universe will make a more inept idiot.

ldvaviation

Sat May 21, 2016 11:31 pm

Quoting bgm (Reply 10):
The new business seat looks good. All-aisle access is very welcome.

Last time, United learned from AA's mistakes. This time, United copied what AA did wrong with their Concept D seats from Zodiac. (In the upright position, the new United seats are too close to each other and the additional workspace is not conveniently placed. It is also the case here that the seats are not uniformly configured.)

AA's customers lucked out when Zodiac could not deliver. United's customers may not be so lucky.

[Edited 2016-05-21 17:29:37]

United1

Sat May 21, 2016 11:51 pm

Quoting ldvaviation (Reply 18):
(In the upright position, the new United seats are too close to each other and the additional workspace is not conveniently placed.)

Have you sat in the seat or even gotten a look at an actual seat vs a digitally generated image? If not perhaps you should hold off judgement....
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

MaxxFlyer

Sun May 22, 2016 12:05 am

No, but look at many of the recent rebrandings. They happened after mergers. UA kept the CO logo (which I liked), and stuck their name on the front. It came across as a cheap, half-assed attempt to look different.

Boeing778X

Sun May 22, 2016 12:16 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 1):

Nice interior. I personally wold like to see a new livery. The CO Globe will always be a world class livery, but the culture of UA and the CO Globe do not match.

That being said, It would be nice to see a new livery with the introduction of the A350-1000, and preferably designed by someone older than 8 years old...IB!
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931

jfk777

Sun May 22, 2016 12:23 am

This really squeezes them in, just who is United trying to impress here? Not impressive, if you beat them join them, do a Cathay type seat or borrow Air New Zealand's which is Virgin's. This is what I would expect Club World to look like if it came out now and not in 2000.

ldvaviation

Sun May 22, 2016 12:26 am

Quoting United1 (Reply 19):
Have you sat in the seat or even gotten a look at an actual seat vs a digitally generated image? If not perhaps you should hold off judgement....

The configuration shown above comes from a FA manual. It matches the seat concept shown above.

This is not rocket science.

DiscoverCSG

Sun May 22, 2016 1:10 am

The photo above looks to me like it's on a 787... it has the window dimmers.

Or are those coming to the 77W?

trent1000

Sun May 22, 2016 1:17 am

UA needs a total refresh. From paint jobs to cabins. It's time to bring the tulip back. I think the majority of a.netters have spoken.

HA HA HA!!!!! Well, that's convincing, isn't it? 0.0001% of the population will no doubt convince the CEO for a complete and immediate revamp. Don't delay - call now! Operators might be standing by...

questions

Sun May 22, 2016 1:39 am

Looks like a cramped J class cabin given UAs choice of 2-4-2 seating... and yes, it IS 2-4-2 regardless of all aisle access. Also, the shoulder room looks limited on the "window" seat.

While all aisle access for UA J class is an improvement, this is inconsistent with improving the customer experience. I would not blink in purchasing a ticket in VAs new J class to SYD over UAs new product offering.

New J class seating between doors 1L/R and 2L/R:

- VA: 24
- UA: 28

United1

Sun May 22, 2016 1:44 am

Quoting ldvaviation (Reply 23):
The configuration shown above comes from a FA manual. It matches the seat concept shown above.

...and you can't tell from either drawings that the seats are two close together or that the extra workstation is poorly positioned. As I said before I would suggest waiting to actually sit in the seat and actually see a real cabin before jumping to conclusions.

F9Animal

Sun May 22, 2016 1:52 am

Quoting trent1000 (Reply 25):
HA HA HA!!!!! Well, that's convincing, isn't it? 0.0001% of the population will no doubt convince the CEO for a complete and immediate revamp. Don't delay - call now! Operators might be standing by...

You didn't leave a number to call!!! LOL!

I was being a dork. But!!! I seriously think UA needs a complete redo.

Quoting Reply 15):

How on earth would bringing back the tulip solve any of the current issues regarding the two groups? If a "refresh" as you said is in order, than it needs to be a all new rebrand without relics of past eras.

Brand recognition! It can be modified. Delta did somewhat of a decent job. I think it would be beneficial to refresh the airline from top to bottom. I can't explain it, but taking CO and slapping United on the fuselage wasn't very thoughtful in my opinion.
I Am A Different Animal!!

Freshside3

Sun May 22, 2016 2:02 am

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 28):
I can't explain it, but taking CO and slapping United on the fuselage wasn't very thoughtful in my opinion.

With "United" having less letters than "Continental", it looks like something is missing there. Especially with a white background. Adding a stripe, or shadow/highlight the letters would have made a difference.

jetblastdubai

Sun May 22, 2016 2:27 am

Quoting questions (Reply 26):
New J class seating between doors 1L/R and 2L/R:

- VA: 24
- UA: 28

4 extra seats in front of 2L/R and probably 4 more J seats behind 2L/R.
At $2,500 USD per seat on a paid r/t J or $4K on a 1-way J, UA is netting an additional $20,000 USD or $32,000 per leg.

Even if UA doesn't sell all the extra J seats at full-fare, those 8 additional seats give economy class upgraders 8 more chances to spend the $600 and burn 30,000 miles for the J cabin. That's 8 happier passengers in J and possibly 8 non-revs that get on.
It sounds like thunder but the way this year is going, it could be Godzilla!

questions

Sun May 22, 2016 2:53 am

Quoting jetblastdubai (Reply 30):
Even if UA doesn't sell all the extra J seats at full-fare, those 8 additional seats give economy class upgraders 8 more chances to spend the $600 and burn 30,000 miles for the J cabin. That's 8 happier passengers in J and possibly 8 non-revs that get on.

You have made the assumption that premium cabin passengers paying thousands of dollars enjoy flying in the same cabin as upgraders and non-revs. Perhaps the focus on the customer experience should be on the product and service offerings delivered to those who PAID for the class of service and not for the opportunistically entitled elite member who believes s/he paid for the "right" based on an airline's loyalty program marketing gimmick or those exercising employee perks. The sooner UA realizes that the paying passenger is not the enemy and becomes adept at appropriately segmenting its customers with a high level of business acumen the better it will be positioned to offer higher quality products and services and consistent, profitable growth.

Said another way, there is a reason the Ritz Carlton does not take overflow guests from Motel 6 and does not allow its room service staff to simply crash in unoccupied rooms for the night.

AVENSAB727

Sun May 22, 2016 3:05 am

Nice to see that UA will have an event on the same day I fly with them!
Always look on the bright side of Life!

antoniemey

Sun May 22, 2016 3:48 am

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 28):
Delta did somewhat of a decent job.

Delta was neither making a new livery because of the merger nor trying to integrate two companies whose employees were historically very, VERY hostile towards one another.

friendlyskies22

Sun May 22, 2016 3:54 am

FA Contract?
Only 6 years in the making...

CALTECH

Sun May 22, 2016 4:54 am

Quoting caljn (Reply 8):
I amazed this man is working following a heart transplant surgery.

Just leave this here......

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/millions...-ceo-oscar-munoz-after-transplant/

Oh noes, you is going against the a.net experts on livery changes. For almost 6 years the same tired old 'have to have a new livery' group still holds out hope. Doesn't mean it can not happen, but see or hear nothing of a livery change. The aircraft are in a cycle of getting new paint about every 7 years, a new livery could be fitted in easily, but unlikely for now.

Quoting rta (Reply 11):
Personally I think the damage is already done. The only direction left to go is up.

There can be stumbles along the way, but things are trending upwards.

Quoting antoniemey (Reply 17):
They're not changing the overall uniform any time soon. Word is that they're working on improving specific items in the uniform due to employee complaints about comfort and durability, though.

Lots of employee input from the field for the uniform tweaks. Have to see what 'improvements' will come to the uniforms. One thing for the TechOps department, get rid of the buttons on pockets and flaps, which pop off, and go with velcro flaps. Easier access and seals pockets better than a button.

Because THAT'S gonna matter to the board of directors and shareholders.

Not too sure about the majority claim either.   

At least until the majority of the current employees are retired and there are mostly people working for the company with no connection to either of the former parts.

Figure almost 6 years ago, last of the seperate subsidiary hires with about a age of 22, they would be 28 now. Could be another 40 years before the 'no connection' status could happen. Seeing everyone getting along pretty good at MCO, the rivalries between the different workgroups is there, but the atmosphere is much better than it was almost 6 years ago.

Quoting trent1000 (Reply 25):

The number is 1-800-668-7666

Quoting Freshside3 (Reply 29):
With "United" having less letters than "Continental", it looks like something is missing there. Especially with a white background. Adding a stripe, or shadow/highlight the letters would have made a difference.

Could be some tweaks, like the 787 wave.
You are here.

Schweigend

Sun May 22, 2016 5:04 am

Quoting United1 (Reply 27):
As I said before I would suggest waiting to actually sit in the seat and actually see a real cabin before jumping to conclusions.

Yes -- folks should not jump to conclusions about the new J seat for UA, as the image posted by LAXintl is I believe just a CGI "concept" from the manufacturer and does not represent the actual appearance of United's new seat's cushions, color palette, or other custom touches.

Quoting questions (Reply 26):
Looks like a cramped J class cabin given UAs choice of 2-4-2 seating... and yes, it IS 2-4-2 regardless of all aisle access.

...and no, it is not really 2-4-2 as the position of the customers' heads are not all in line as on current models -- they are staggered, and there will be eight rows in Zone A, not four.

I do suggest you and everyone wait and see what it really looks like -- you will be pleasantly surprised.

antoniemey

Sun May 22, 2016 5:29 am

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 35):
Figure almost 6 years ago, last of the seperate subsidiary hires with about a age of 22, they would be 28 now. Could be another 40 years before the 'no connection' status could happen. Seeing everyone getting along pretty good at MCO, the rivalries between the different workgroups is there, but the atmosphere is much better than it was almost 6 years ago.

Yeah, it's getting there. It probably won't be 40 years before they can safely celebrate some hallmark of one without the other, but at least another 10-15 would be safest. Long enough for people to start forgetting that it was separate airlines as a matter of day to day thinking. And by that point most or all of the people that were at either carrier in their worst days of being nasty to each other should be gone. While the employees hired during the Tilton era at UA and the Bethune and after era at CO will have their moments of "We always did it this way" it's actually the pre 1994 bunch that will be the most hardline, in most cases. And then you have your variances of some taking change better than others that just comes naturally.

It'll be nice if it can get to a point where everyone is proud to say they work for United, the relations between employees and management are civil, even if sometimes contentious around contract negotiations, and the only "Us vs them" going on is United vs competing airlines.

Could be some tweaks, like the 787 wave

I do wish they'd do something like that fleet wide. Keeps the relative simplicity of the overall look, but really makes it stand out more.

a380787

Sun May 22, 2016 5:34 am

No one cares what you like to call the seating config as long as all aisle access is delivered. According to these "dissenters", JAL would be a 2-3-2 nightmare and ANA would be a 2-4-2 torture ship that violates the Geneva Convention.

ps : DL and AA both deploy "staggered" config on their 767, and plausibly others.

Boeing778X

Sun May 22, 2016 5:42 am

From paint jobs to cabins. It's time to bring the tulip back. I think the majority of a.netters have spoken. I also would love to see 1 paint job dedicated to the employees of UA. God knows the men and women of this airline deserve recognition for everything they have been through.

Hey, I have an idea! Let's bring back the Int'l Symbol of Broken Guitars! *Hat Tip David Carroll*
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931

calpsafltskeds

Sun May 22, 2016 8:16 am

It would be a waste of money currently being spent to repaint the fleet at this time. The entire 764 fleet has virtually been repainted in the last couple months - 73NG are going through Lake Charles CWF and AMA along with 763s.
You'd think if a new livery were coming Monday, those paint jobs would not have happened as they continue at this time. 8 aircraft in CWF and 1 in AMA currently.

Tracking the UA fleet since the merger, the current re-paint schedule rivals the one after the merger.

Bulkhead refreshes, yes please!

coolian2

Sun May 22, 2016 8:24 am

A new livery is a waste for now. Wait until you aren't generally considered rotten, then do it.

This livery as it is, is a sacrificial lamb.
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/-88/CRJ-700/-900

jetmatt777

Sun May 22, 2016 8:37 am

Quoting calpsafltskeds (Reply 40):
It would be a waste of money currently being spent to repaint the fleet at this time. The entire 764 fleet has virtually been repainted in the last couple months - 73NG are going through Lake Charles CWF and AMA along with 763s.
You'd think if a new livery were coming Monday, those paint jobs would not have happened as they continue at this time. 8 aircraft in CWF and 1 in AMA currently.

Airlines don't typically operate that way. One hand never knows what the other is doing. If a new livery was revealed, they would continue receiving aircraft in the current paint for several weeks or even a few months after the announcement, and current paint schedule would continue on until they received instruction to switch over.

zkeoj

Sun May 22, 2016 10:45 am

Quoting questions (Reply 31):
offerings delivered to those who PAID for the class of service and not for the opportunistically entitled elite member who believes s/he paid for the "right" based on an airline's loyalty program marketing gimmick

Pretty narrow minded thinking. How do you think those "opportunistically entitled elite members" got their elite status in the first place? Won it in the lottery?  

atcsundevil

Sun May 22, 2016 11:57 am

I think a lot of people are jumping to a lot of conclusions working with a lot of incomplete information. The photo posted by LAXintl is just a manufacturer concept, as pointed out above. That is merely an assumption based on an FA manual. Let's wait for the actual announcement before declaring the new J seat a complete and total failure.

As for branding, some on this site love focusing on the globe livery and how the airline can only move forward with something different. Folks say, "let's have a whole new brand", then say, "let's bring back the tulip" without seeing the irony. For better or for worse, brand recognition among the flying public now associates the globe with United. Most people don't even remember the tulip at this point, so harking back to what some feel was the good ole days (despite bankruptcies and other shortcomings suffered by legacy UA while sporting the tulip) would be remembered by too few to matter.

Fact is, they've only just finished painting the fleet! I can agree that tweaks to the current livery would do some good, but a whole new brand is a reckless waste of money in the near to medium term. I would love to see the 787 wave on the whole fleet, for example, but that's a minor change that keeps the overall brand intact. However, the fact remains that the paint on the outside has little bearing on the future success of the airline, so the point is relatively moot. They can evolve the branding that actually matters -- that which has direct interface with the customer -- as they're doing with the new bulkheads and cabins, incorporating the globe into classy new designs with varying palettes. The paint on the outside doesn't matter to the people sitting inside, but there are a whole bunch of other things that do matter. I would rather UA focuses on those things. There's a lot they can do without chucking the whole brand into the garbage to bring them up to a higher standard.

Don't get me wrong -- this site is all about speculation, and that's by-in-large a good thing. Let's just hold off on the denouncements, rebukes, and overall negativity before anyone even has a clue what's actually going to be announced. Let's speculate on the possibilities of success and advancement, not the possibilities of failure.

copter808

Sun May 22, 2016 1:41 pm

Lots of employee input from the field for the uniform tweaks. Have to see what 'improvements' will come to the uniforms. One thing for the TechOps department, get rid of the buttons on pockets and flaps, which pop off, and go with velcro flaps. Easier access and seals pockets better than a button.

No buttons and no hats should have happened a LONG time ago. These items can too easily wind up somewhere you don't want them. Watched a hat blow across the ramp once and wind up inside the engine cowl stuck against the fan bladed. It was on start and fortunately didn't go beyond the fan.

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 44):
I think a lot of people are jumping to a lot of conclusions working with a lot of incomplete information.

Noooo, this is A-net. That would never happen here!!!

UA444

Sun May 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 44):

No. The globe needs to go. Nothing from Jeff Smisek should continue.

[Edited 2016-05-22 08:59:41]

rising

Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Quoting jetmatt777 (Reply 42):
Airlines don't typically operate that way. One hand never knows what the other is doing. If a new livery was revealed, they would continue receiving aircraft in the current paint for several weeks or even a few months after the announcement, and current paint schedule would continue on until they received instruction to switch over.

So true. Most companies don't typically operate that way. Large companies are very complex bureaucracies. I always chuckle when I hear politicians say government should operate more like the private sector and eliminate the red tape. Anyone employed by a large corporation knows there is just as much if not more in the private sector.

I would imagine there are so many moving parts to the process of painting an aircraft it would indeed take months to change the tires while the car is in motion.
If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true.

winginit

Sun May 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Quoting rwsea (Reply 5):
Quoting rising (Reply 13):

I hope they do a livery refresh.
Quoting Boeing778X (Reply 21):
I personally wold like to see a new livery.

a.netters always want to see a new livery, but any notion that the paint on a plane in any way dictates consumer preference is an absolute farce, and it's impact even on employee morale is often overstated. If this event was centered around a rebranding of any kind the stock would rightfully take a beating when compared to the reaction to changes that would actually have a tangible benefit that drives consumer preference.

Quoting coolian2 (Reply 41):

A new livery is a waste for now

A new livery is a waste a majority of the time it's done. As has been mentioned, it's only necessary or beneficial either in conjunction with a massive structural change (merger) or in the clean-up phase following an incident (AirTran, Malaysia)

kgaiflyer

Sun May 22, 2016 4:38 pm

Quoting questions (Reply 31):
The sooner UA realizes that the paying passenger is not the enemy and becomes adept at appropriately segmenting its customers with a high level of business acumen the better it will be positioned to offer higher quality products and services and consistent, profitable growth.

Which is why there are still three-class planes in the fleet and why one cannot upgrade from E+ to F on a three-class frame.

In domestic, except for the p.s. product, Y / E+ / F is as specialized as you can get on a 319 or a 73NG.

Elites are hip to the problem and have learned to dress-down when flying. In some markets, even business-casual is rare in the front cabin.

[Edited 2016-05-22 10:05:57]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos