silentbob

RE: New AA Method To Solve Overbooking Or What

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:32 am

Quoting mjoelnir (Reply 17):
No excuse for not putting the same deboarded passengers on again. And it is very clear why the airline did not want to talk about it.

There are lots of potential reasons, especially when dealing with weight restrictions. I've seen passengers pulled off of a restricted flight because they had "heavy" bags, then replaced by passengers without any checked luggage. It's amazing how much things like that can matter when you are up against a limit. A carry on bag that won't fit in the overhead, can (and has in my experience) be the difference between someone getting on a flight, or not.

jetmatt777

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:44 am

Quoting silentbob (Reply 50):
There are lots of potential reasons, especially when dealing with weight restrictions. I've seen passengers pulled off of a restricted flight because they had "heavy" bags, then replaced by passengers without any checked luggage. It's amazing how much things like that can matter when you are up against a limit. A carry on bag that won't fit in the overhead, can (and has in my experience) be the difference between someone getting on a flight, or not.

I remember moving ahead on the standby list once because the boarding priority switched from seniority and pass class, to who can we get on that does not have carry on bags that have to be gate checked. It really can come down to a 30lbs on these things. I noticed a pilot once was deleting galley carts out of the FMC weight program so we "legally" could get an extra person on. Of course the galley carts remained on board...
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

Maverick623

Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Quoting kalvado (Reply 47):
Total flight delay: 35 minutes.

Okay... it takes about 5 minutes to pull someone off and rebook them, send them on the way. 10 minutes later the numbers update and the weight is back, the passenger is long gone. Put the next guy on. Takes about 5 more minutes.

Still have 15 minutes remaining in your timeline... and I was being generous with my times.

Quoting kalvado (Reply 46):

And remember to always blame the weather!

There's your problem. You literally think everything that goes wrong is part of some conspiracy to screw you or other people over. You cannot accept that a lot of times, things happen that nobody can control.

And worse, you, like this Sam Weatherman character, think so highly of yourselves that, when you don't fully understand something, you get bent out of shape and think you're being lied to, because you know everything.

And if you think some guy in some office thousands of miles from the airport is randomly putting in weight restrictions and removing them to deny IDB compensation... well, you'd have a lot to learn about how an operation operates.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos