Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:14 pm

I respectfully disagree with 777Jet on the SCS wreckage and with Saltee on endurance. I calculate distance from the Deviation Point (DP) to the northernmost part of the primary SIO search area as approximately 3,700 statute miles and endurance, allowing for the observed manoeuvres at or close to TOGA power, as about 3,200 miles, with a gliding range from FL350 as about 75 miles, assuming sufficient hydraulic power to lower flap.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:21 am

For anybody who is new to this thread, this is the premise "spyhunter" brings to the forum.
There is in fact no mystery to this tragic hull loss inside the intelligence community. MH-370 was intercepted by an Iranian-made upgraded copy of the AIM-54 Phoenix missile, designated Fakour-2, modified for surface launch from a Kilo-class SSK, using proximity fuzing,fired in semi-active homing mode, with associated radio jamming of the ATC and guard frequencies, and sabotage of the ACARS reporting system.

So far no mention of Roswell or flying saucers, but he does claim to be 007 or some such thing. If you're looking for actual MH-370 information you'd be best off to consider the above a sideshow.
 
User avatar
9MMPQ
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:16 am

With the previous thread spiralling into the same sideshow before it was locked i'm surprised A.net is still letting this one run it's course. It ain't what it used to be anymore.
I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences.
 
User avatar
garpd
Posts: 2542
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:29 am

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:41 am

Yeah, any suggestion of external intervention is at the very least laughable. A plane shot down would have been found within a few miles of the last radar return. As the shoot down of MH17 tragically demonstrated, a 777 does not come down in one piece to be easily concealed.

I am one to defend the pilots when a crash occurs until we know exactly what happens. However, in this case the situation fits a pilot self hijacking; You have the sharp turn westward, the orbit of the town the captain lived, a climb to a higher alt, a few left and right banks, before turning south and apparently heading off over the Indian ocean. Doesn't sound like a plane crippled by fire, missile or a decompression event. It sounds like a plane being flown by someone. Who? We will probably never know. If they were smart enough to turn off the transponder then they would have certainly known what breakers to pull to disable the CVR and FDR.
arpdesign.wordpress.com
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Again,with respect, the most recent posts display the vast gulf between the aviation and intelligence communities. Given the politics of a shoot-down, the last thing we would expect is rapid discovery of the wreckage. It's simply too politically sensitive, hence the time-wasting search in the SIO.

I've not claimed to be anything other than I am - a published intelligence lawyer, intelligence analyst and commentator, former intelligence academic and former intelligence lawyer.

The flight to the west turns on disputed Malaysian military radar data.
 
User avatar
garpd
Posts: 2542
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:29 am

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:57 pm

With all due respect, your accolades do not qualify your rampant speculation or conspiracy theories as anything other than just that.

There is no evidence of external intervention. There are no plausible reasons or circumstances to support a shoot down event.
If you think you have hard, irrefutable, evidence, then show us. No more words.
arpdesign.wordpress.com
 
gzm
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:38 pm

Quoting garpd (reply 104):
In this case the situation fits a pilot self-hijacking.Doesn't sound like an airplane crippled by fire.

You forget the recent finding in Madagascar,my friend.And don't tell me it came from a crippled yacht or flying saucer. It,too,came from MH370 and fits into the group of recent findings.You have to integrate it somehow into your "the-pilot-did-it-all-himself theory, whether you like it or not (with respect).
Quoting 9MMPQ (reply 103):
With the previous thread spiraling into the same sideshow before it was locked,I am surprised A.net is letting this one run its course.

You want us to keep our mouths shut because we don't agree with you? You must respect everyone.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:11 pm

gzm wrote:
You forget the recent finding in Madagascar,my friend.And don't tell me it came from a crippled yacht or flying saucer. It,too,came from MH370 and fits into the group of recent findings.You have to integrate it somehow into your "the-pilot-did-it-all-himself theory, whether you like it or not (with respect).

I don't understand what your point here is; how do you find debris washing up in Madagascar as a contradiction of "the-pilot-did-it-all-himself theory"?

You want us to keep our mouths shut because we don't agree with you? You must respect everyone.

Does this mean that you are joining spycatcher in his shootdown by submarine theory? Or that you think he really is giving real inside "intelligence"?
 
User avatar
garpd
Posts: 2542
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:29 am

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:34 pm

gzm wrote:
You forget the recent finding in Madagascar,my friend.And don't tell me it came from a crippled yacht or flying saucer. It,too,came from MH370 and fits into the group of recent findings.You have to integrate it somehow into your "the-pilot-did-it-all-himself theory, whether you like it or not (with respect).


Yeah, I'm not following you on that. Why does some debris found on a beach in Madagascar not fit the "pilot-did-it-all" theory?

gzm wrote:
Quoting 9MMPQ (reply 103):
With the previous thread spiraling into the same sideshow before it was locked,I am surprised A.net is letting this one run its course.

You want us to keep our mouths shut because we don't agree with you? You must respect everyone.


Yeah, uh, no. No one is shutting anyone up. Chill.
arpdesign.wordpress.com
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:15 pm

gzm wrote:
Quoting garpd (reply 104):
In this case the situation fits a pilot self-hijacking.Doesn't sound like an airplane crippled by fire.

You forget the recent finding in Madagascar,my friend.


The marks on that item do not look like fire damage / burn marks.

In fact, the item itself doesn't even look like it came off of an aircraft.

Sorry to tell you that ;)
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:21 pm

Spyhunter wrote:
I respectfully disagree with 777Jet on the SCS wreckage and with Saltee on endurance.


Yet you have never addressed my questions and points made about zero wreckage being found in the SCS despite all of the surrounding land and full on search from day 1 for the first 2 weeks.

BTW I flew on a 777-300ER (not a 777-200ER, but still a 777 nonetheless) yesterday. I sat at the exit row and looked at a door (3L). No way is that SCS debris a 777 door, hatch, window hatch, or whatever other term you want to call it.

Image20160925_225052 by Triple Seven Jet, on Flickr

Sorry, but for obvious reasons I could only get a pic of the inside of the door. Either way, nothing from a 777 door matches the SCS item, not even the door window shape / position. Sorry mate. Dismissed.

Would it help *if* the item was actually dismissed by Boeing or an authority?
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
gzm
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Quoting 777Jet (reply 111):
The marks on that item do not look like fire damage / burn marks.
In fact,the item itself doesn't even look like it came off an aircraft.

Once, Picasso was asked by a lady friend of his to paint her portrait. When she saw it,she exclaimed: "But it doesn't look like me!"-"Don't worry,the master replied, "it will".
 
User avatar
SomebodyInTLS
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:21 am

gzm wrote:
Quoting 777Jet (reply 111):
The marks on that item do not look like fire damage / burn marks.
In fact,the item itself doesn't even look like it came off an aircraft.

Once, Picasso was asked by a lady friend of his to paint her portrait. When she saw it,she exclaimed: "But it doesn't look like me!"-"Don't worry,the master replied, "it will".


No sorry - it really won't (unless you're being really meta and suggesting we'll all be able to "artistically interpret it" as fire damage when it isn't).

The later (better) pictures clearly show it is a tar-like substance painted over the (already painted) fibre-glass honeycomb panel.

Signed - someone who gives more credit to electrical issues than "the pilot did it", so I'm certainly not projecting a bias on this one.
Last edited by SomebodyInTLS on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11439
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: More MH370 Debris Found, This Time In Madagascar

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:37 am

As this thread continues to go off topic it will now be locked
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos