Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CF-CPI
Topic Author

TWA, LAX -STL Question

Tue Feb 06, 2001 11:41 pm

According to the TWA website, they operate one daily roundtrip LAX-STL with a 767-300, outbound midday, and returning in the evening. Can someone confirm that the equipment is indeed a 767-300? And if anyone has taken this, how was it? I rode TW last year at this time and I was disappointed with the F class meal (SFO-STL), have they upgraded?

BTW, I like TW but their website is sluggish, it would never properly respond to some of my inputs, such as advanced flight search features. Several times last night I came close to buying a ticket, only to find that I couldn't get to the page I needed. This certainly can't be good for business, and wonder if others have seen the same behaviour.

lxlgu

RE: TWA, LAX -STL Question

Wed Feb 07, 2001 1:28 am

Hi CF
TWA have 8 daily flights using 757/767 and M80

Give us the date and timings you want and I will
check.
Sorry-never flown TWA

bEST wISHES

tONY

twa747100

Wed Feb 07, 2001 5:02 am

yes the flight on the way back turns into the flight to LGW the flight numbers i cant realy rember right now, but yes on of those flights is a 767-300
fly on it while you can

wjcandee

Wed Feb 07, 2001 5:11 am

Try it with IE 5.0; the reservation feature seems to work best with that browser. The online reservations service is provided by ITN (GetThere.com), which also services United and British Airways, as well as American Express. Sometimes, their servers get a little slow, but I have never been unable to buy a ticket through them. Indeed, I have successfully used both the American Express and the TWA web sites to buy tickets through them recently, and they both worked like a champ. TWA may also have a high volume because they are currently offering a substantial fare special for reservations booked through their site, having removed the 21-day advance purchase and changed it to 7 days, and doubling the number of FF miles per booking to 2000 just for booking through their web site. Sluggishness, however, is really probably ITN's fault; it's a common situation with them that tends to clear up within 5 minutes if one walks away and comes back. Like I say, my easiest experiences with ITN-driven sites are with Internet Explorer 5.0, if you have it on your machine.

Good luck.

(As to the meals -- I flew TW last month from LAX-JFK round trip nonstop on a 767-200 and a 757. Meal service in F was quite good, I thought, including ice cream. But your mileage may vary, as may your taste for airline cuisine. My seatmate on the way back says that she prefers TWA in part because their food is superior to F on AA and UA. One thing is for sure: there's no accounting for taste or pleasing everyone.)

TWFirst

Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:38 am

I've flew the STL-LAX segment on a '67 last August (in TWFirst). EXCELLENT!
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

CF-CPI
Topic Author

Nice To Hear

Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:48 am

My experiences with TW First were great until last Feb. when I flew SFO - STL nonstop and the lunch was a choice of cold salad or sandwich. Previously, they had served great meals on this route -- grilled tuna, steak, etc. I was disappointed that they had decayed, especially for premium passengers. I have heard that they decided to upgrade the meals again, perhaps they have.

Wed Feb 07, 2001 10:52 am

I was in LAX last month and a TWA 763 was there, so it must be used there.

QANTAS747-438

Wed Feb 07, 2001 2:22 pm

Hey! I am a student at St. Louis University and live in Los Angeles, so I have taken the 757-200 and 767-300 about 25 times. I've never had a problem at all with TWA. In fact, on the night flight out of STL (525pm or so) many times on a 767, I've had an empty row all to myself, and I lay down all the way home. A few times, we've left STL an hour late, and arrived at LAX 20 minutes early....so they move it along. And once, the pilot got permission from the tower to circle around and give a tour of Meteor Crater!!! That was really cool! And watch when you go over Las Vegas...you can see the bright light of the Excalibur hotel shining upwards! Hope this helps!

---QANTAS747-438
My posts/replies are strictly my opinion and not that of any company, organization, or Southwest Airlines.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos