flyCMH
Topic Author

Delta Attacks America West

Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:55 am

Delta Airlines today announced a business fare sale from America West's 3 hubs, dramatically reducing fares to key destinations from each city. The press release can be found at:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010723/atm018_3.html/

DeltaAir

RE: Delta Attacks America West

Tue Jul 24, 2001 10:04 am

Well it seems Delta is declaring war on everyone smaller then itself.

twa

Tue Jul 24, 2001 10:06 am

Nothing wrong with that

TWA

ContinentalEWR

Tue Jul 24, 2001 10:53 am

Competition. Nothing More. I wonder if Delta will be as astute as America West in loosing all those unaccompanied minors why fly Business Class? Oh well.

padcrasher

Tue Jul 24, 2001 11:56 am

That's very unlike DL to target one airline's hubs for no reason. I think there's more to it than this. The HP website has specials targeting NW's hubs. Go figure.

phxairfan

Tue Jul 24, 2001 12:27 pm

From that article, this is something from the fine print, I don't understand. "Fare Validity: Fares are valid in the Economy (Coach) cabin on Delta/Delta Connection/Delta Express flights between Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV and Columbus, OH and select Delta destinations in the contiguous 48 states only." What does this mean?

IMissPiedmont

Tue Jul 24, 2001 12:37 pm

The fine print means only that if HP doesn't offer competitve service, the fares are higher.
As to what is wrong with it, consider. Evertime a larger airline has forced a smaller competitor out of a market, fares rise sustantially. I like DL and don't much care for HP but this sounds like predatory pricing to me.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

deltaflyertoo

Tue Jul 24, 2001 2:48 pm

Sforamper-

What is up w/ that?

Yeah ContinentalEWR will bat for his airline anyday and I've had many disagreements with him on what CO stands for....but he is a nice guy, don't say crap like that and lower the quality of the board.

BTW, I don't know what numbers you are looking at but I would hardly call DL's planes empty and HP's full. All the carriers during this time are tied for losses.

Tue Jul 24, 2001 2:50 pm

HP planes are pretty full and DL pretty empty

???

srbmod

Wed Jul 25, 2001 4:18 pm

Now the ATL-CMH route makes sense, especially since HP flies it as an America West Express flight, while Delta mainlines it. Compete with in theory a better product. As for PHX and LAS, that's just lunacy. You think most DL pax will interline over to HP when they fly into ATL in route to PHX or LAS? What Delta needs to do on the ATL-LAS route is throw a 777 or MD-11 or two on the route and cut out one of the 757 flights. Kill the competition by sending folks to Vegas in style in BusinessElite. Delta's pulling all the stops to get customers back, and will be hard pressed to regain these customers unless they offer a truly superior product.

jmc1975

RE: Srbmod

Wed Jul 25, 2001 4:39 pm

Your suggestion of putting a 777 or MD-11 to LAS is absolutely ludicrous. Why would a quality airline like Delta put their finest product onto the nation's lowest-yield market? That would guarantee an airline to certain failure. What makes you think Vegas people should go BusinessElite? There's more drunken trailer trash in that market than anywhere in the world. C'mon...look at it from the airline's point of view.

srbmod

Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:00 pm

Delta already puts those types on the ATL-MCO route, so why not ATL-LAS? Delta's load factors on that route are pretty high as it is. I always wanted to fly to LAS when I worked for ASA, but could never get on a single flight, I even checked a far as a week in advance.

flashmeister

Wed Jul 25, 2001 10:12 pm

Careful with the Predatory Pricing allegations -- it's very difficult to charge predatory pricing if DL is making a single penny on the routes. It's when airlines dump capacity and take losses on routes to stifle competition that predatory action comes into play. Just sounds like DL wants to make things interesting to me...

deltairlines

Thu Jul 26, 2001 2:11 am

One reason that DL has the 777 and MD-11 on ATL-MCO is because MCO is so close to ATL and the route can handle those planes. Whenever I fly MCO-ATL I see a lot of businessmen on that route.

Jeff

highliner2

Thu Jul 26, 2001 2:27 am

What's HP's financial situation? Could DL be trying to finish them off?
Go Cubs!

flyCMH
Topic Author

Thu Jul 26, 2001 3:09 am

Glad this post finally received some intelligent conversation.

I completely agree with Flashmeister's statement about predatory pricing. While Delta has decreased their fares from PHX, LAS, and CMH, I don't beleive they have recently added capacity in any of these markets, nor does it look like an attempt to completely drive America West out of the markets mentioned. An interesting note though is that the fare sale is for business passengers. In Columbus, America West caters mostly to the business traveler, especially on their routes throughout the Northeast. While the fare might be somewhat cheaper on Delta from Columbus to Boston, a connection still must be made, while America West offers the route nonstop. Both airlines are stuggling for dominance at Port Columbus, with both controlling about 18% each of the Columbus market.

I'm very surprised that no one brought up that several of the routes included in Delta's fare sale are also operated by Southwest. CMH-LAS and CMH-PHX are both Southwest routes, as well as SEA and SAT from PHX, and LAS-BDL. While it's arguable that Southwest caters mostly to leisure travelers on these routes, with the softening economy Southwest's fares can look very tempting to businesses on tighter budgets.

Regarding Delta placing larger aircraft to create market dominance in Las Vegas, I don't think it would be a great idea. An airline can fill any plane if the price is low enough, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are making money. With Las Vegas being one of the highest, if not the highest low yield route in the nation, as previously stated, it would not be economical to send such a large aircraft on that route. Delta's 757 fit the route and the fare allows the route to operate profitably.

America West is still financially stable. While I beleive their management could use some assistance, I read somewhere that they have a good amount of cash available. They are a long way from being "finished off." At least Mr. Franke will no longer be CEO of America West at the end of 2002.

flashmeister

Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:43 am

Very good point, FlyCMH. Remember that revenue, and, ultimately, yield, is really what the airlines are going for (well, everyone except United that is). Even if they could fill a 777 on ATL-LAS, or upgrade service currently on the 757, you'd probably dilute revenue based on 250 super-saver fares rather than 180 super-saver fares.

Take a look at the results from the latest quarter -- Delta's RASM was off substantially. America West, while also having reduced RASM, was off to a lesser extent. Delta is in the position of having at least some its lunch eaten by Southwest, AirTran, jetBlue, and Frontier.

That's not a pretty picture. Even if Delta lost a little to each of those four carriers, look what they'd be giving up a little bit of:
- North-South traffic connecting through ATL (by AirTran, which offers an interesting promotion to business pax)
- DL Express Northeast-to-Florida traffic (by jetBlue and Southwest, with jetBlue offering a superior product)
- JFK coach transcons to Los Angeles and San Francisco (by jetBlue, which again offers a superior coach product)
- East-West traffic to major business cities connecting through SLC (by Frontier connecting through DEN)
- Intra-western traffic connecting through SLC (the little that DL has now, by Southwest via SLC, OAK, PHX, LAS)

Now besides international traffic, name one strength of DL domestically that's not mentioned.

So, maybe DL wants to come out swinging against these guys. It seems that the only real competitive ground that Delta and America West have is Columbus, so that's who they go after first. Will they go after others?

Maybe DL's strategy is that if they can't compete on costs, they'll just steal customers and fill planes. Now we go back to the dilution of RASM. Lots of customers does not necessarily equal lots of profits, and DL may be giving away the farm to up their load factor and drop their competitor's yield. It's been tried time and time again and it's failed.

DL needs to control costs, closely track capacity and revenue (as AA always has), and begin to give their customers a reason to fly them again.

I just got off of a DL trip last night, and while it was ordinary and nothing bad happened, it would have been nice to not have a SkyDeli and maybe a couple more inches of room. I can't believe that I'm the only longtime DL believer who is considering finding out what More Room Throughout Coach is all about...

ATA L1011

Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:45 am

Funny because Delta is even routing flts. from its hubs DFW and ATL flts to Vegas for instance through Phoenix. That never use to happen so it is clear they are after America West, because they are going out of their typical hub format.
Treat others as you expect to be treated!

Thu Jul 26, 2001 5:41 am

Simple desperation; DAL is in a pinch after their recent labor woes and, to recover, is sacrificing yield where it best stands to fill a few empty seats.

twa

Sforamper

Thu Jul 26, 2001 8:21 am

Your right about Continental and ContinentalEWR. And Tampa is a dump!!!

TWA

padcrasher

Thu Jul 26, 2001 8:29 am

Your assuming that DL is targeting HP, when more than likely they were just responding to a HP sale targeted at DL's own hubs. Never in all my years have I seen DL go after an OAL hub for no reason.

Your also making assumptions based on DL numbers for the last quarter. Remember DL was going thru a strike by Comair. Leo himself said DL would have made a profit had it not been for that.

DL has lower costs than AA,UA,CO, and NW. They have been the World's most profitable airline the last 4 years and they thrive on low-yield Flordia traffic. DL does not dominate high yield business markets like ORD, LAX, SFO, EWR, etc. Their bread and butter is low-yield connecting traffic.

DL has been routing PHX aircraft on to LAS for at least ten years. Nothing has changed in that regard.

JB is noticed by Delta but is not hurting DL by any means. Fact of the matter JB is not big enough right now to change the dynamics of the market place.You seem to forget that DL has been dealing with Tower and TWA to Florida long before JB was around. They had MORE seats to Florida than JB has now. FYI yields and fares to Florida have always been low. DL express flights to Flordia are presently full and the fares are no lower than they have always have been.

When first Quarter 2002 comes around. DL will have fully restored CVG by then. They will have gone back to making more money than any US airline, with higher margins than any airline save WN. If the mindset at JB is anything like the JB fans on this board, they're in for a rude awakening. You more cocky than WN posters and they have earned their stripes.

flashmeister

Thu Jul 26, 2001 10:14 am

Fact of the matter JB is not big enough right now to change the dynamics of the market place.

Famous last words. Assuming that your competition is beneath you. Talk to the CEOs of storied airlines such as Pan Am, TWA, Braniff, Eastern, Midway, PSA, Frontier I, AirCal, etc etc etc.

Some additional details on my post:
- Yes, DL was going through the Comair strike, but the company is apparently warning that they are overestimating the effect of the strike -- meaning that some of the pullback in RASM may just be plain old lost business.

- You stated: They have been the World's most profitable airline the last 4 years and they thrive on low-yield Flordia traffic. That all may be well and good, but they are losing money now any way you add it up. DL's cost structure is not one that succeeds on low-yield pax alone: it's the high-yield business traveler that subsidizes the low-cost pax. No high-yield, and all of the sudden you're taking it in the shorts.

Look at true low-cost, low-yield airlines, like Southwest. They continue to make money in damned near any economic condition. We're at the start of a downturn and DL (not to mention UA and AA) is bleeding. Not what I would call preparedness...

DeltaAir

Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:16 am

Having flown Delta a lot with family and having been in a family that flies nothing but Delta to points from Florida I can say that in the last year you can tell something isn't right about DL anymore. Having conviently been on a cancelled flight from MCO-DEN with family, I had the pleasure to see what other airlines were like. Since Delta couldn't or wouldn't find another way to DEN on the same day we walked on over to Continental. We explained to the lady what had transpired and said she would be happy to take the Delta ticket and honor it, after doing that she laughed and made a comment that they love doing this to DL. She noticed my dad's Platinum Medallion tag on his briefcase and asked if he was at that level with DL, after we replied yes she asked us to hold a minute. She returned with 4 first class tickets and asked us to try out their finest product. The service onboard Continental was amazing, in both BizFirst and First. Its no wonder DL is losing its most valued flyers. I can count about 3000 more ready to leave as well.

boeing 747-311

Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:18 am

I prefer hp over delta!
Come fly with US

padcrasher

Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:48 am

"DeltaAir"

Thanks for the anecdotal story. Do you have one shred of evidence that DL is losing it's most valued flyers? To whom? Just this very day I forwarded an AA platinum's FF statment to a DFW DL Marketing Rep, because he was pissed at American and wanted a conversion to Gold on DL. Should I conclude that DL will soon be driving AA out of DFW? FYI According to the DOJ DL loses less bags than CO, the have less denied boardings than CO, and they have less passenger complaints than CO. My point is for every story like yours there is some other pissed flyer that has vowed never to fly so and so again and from now on is going to fly Brand X. Good luck with CO. I've heard they never cancel flights and their employees are always nice, and weather/ATC delays don't seem to effect them.

N766UA

Attacks On CO

Thu Jul 26, 2001 12:18 pm

Hi guys. Calm down about CO! Compare and contrast. CO has won awards for best service, on-time departures, best airline, etc. etc. CO is obviously the best out there. But that does not mean they are invinsable. CO suffers the same as any other airline in the cut-throat hell known as the airline business. Weather delays, irrate customers, complaints, etc. EVERYONE gets them. No airlines have friendly agents anymore because customers treat the agents like crap. They ruin it for everyone. It is not fair, however, to single out CO and it's supporters. CO is a great airline and everyone knows it. I don't see anyone swearing at you and cussing you out for being a DL supporter. Why should you do anything like that to a supporter of another airline? Everyone has "their" airline and they will stick with them to the end. But don't go attacking people for no reason. The reason why you are angry at CO? Insecurity. CO is being awarded and applauded while DL is not. CO is getting good publicity while DL is not. CO has better service, but you (as a DL loyalist) do not want to belive it.. to you, DL is THE best. No one can take that away. Fair enough. Tell people how good DL is, but don't do it by degrading other airlines with your childish babble.

padcrasher

Thu Jul 26, 2001 12:34 pm

Who's attacking CO? I think they're a great airline. And who's swearing?

Thu Jul 26, 2001 6:31 pm

Hey, padcrasher...

I found the anecdotal story very interesting, too. But, somehow, in your reply to it, you projected a cynical "...I don't care if you think COA is better than DAL..." tone that seemed like an attack of COA to me, too. I'm sure you meant well, but we all experience a few times where our words misrepresent our intent.

I found this story especially interesting because it sheds light on the big picture of all the frequent flyer programs. Cater to elitist attitudes, try to pry members from one program to another, and reap bigger profits in the end. Kinda reminds me of a Doctor Seuss story, something about the Who's, some of whom were special because they had stars on their bellies. If I'm in a long line at BigAir, waiting for each passenger ahead of me to take their cracks at upgrades and seat re-assignments, I learn to dislike that particular airline if my un-privileged belly is plain and star-less.

Tool

Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:19 am

DeltaAir. You obviously got a CO agent that didn't know what she was doing or you are leaving out some part of yer story. Another airline cannot accept a DL ticket without an endorsement on there. And since you were booked in F class on CO you would have needed a FIM. As far as Delta not trying to put you on a different airline is a bunch of B/S. Yes CO is a great airline. They Upgraded my mom when she flew from FLL-CLE to visit my dying grandmother. She mentioned that I worked for DL and *POOF*. And I would do the same for any passenger out there in that situation.

padcrasher

Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:49 am

I apologize about the post. It was sarcastic.

This thread started about how Delta had targeted HP hubs for discounting, but turned into another DL is "going down" free for all. I should have dropped it.

DeltaSFO

Fri Jul 27, 2001 1:14 am

Padcrasher....

Why even bother?

All the 16 year old self-appointed airline experts here have decreed that Delta, on the verge of bankruptcy, has launched a desperation faresale at HP hubs, in the belief that doing so will keep the ship floating for a little while longer.

I think it's news even to Mr. Mullin that he is desperate.

It also annoys me when the "Continental is the best, I know this because everybody says so" crowd starts to bash Delta. Please. As long as you're flying narrowbodies across the Atlantic, you have no right to bash the world's third largest airline.

Finally, Padcrasher, I do respectfully disagree with you on the subject of yields. While Delta does not necessarily dominate LAX, SFO, ORD, those are among our most profitable line stations, known for their high yields. Furthermore, Delta is a strong #2 in the Northeast markets, which are the holy grail of yields. And finally, ATL O&D yields are astronomical as well.

Sorry guys, Delta isn't going anywhere.
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

co/ba

Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:05 am

CONTINENTAL WILL RULE THE SKIES!!!

flashmeister

Fri Jul 27, 2001 6:38 am

As long as you're flying narrowbodies across the Atlantic, you have no right to bash the world's third largest airline.

Careful here, DeltaSFO. Just because Delta is flying 777s across the Atlantic doesn't give you the right to descend from upon high to fling crap at the lowly CO workers here.

The point, at least the point I thought this thread was trying to make, is that Delta may be changing their approach towards their smaller competitors. Am I pro-Delta? Yes. When I can, I prefer to fly Delta (although they pissed me off by trimming PDX earlier this year).

Do I think that DL is going to hurt their competitors by attacking them like this? Not without competing on both sides of the balance sheet -- they're competing on fares (which go on the revenue side of the sheet), but their costs are still high. That means lower profits. It's pure basic economics.

Delta has just as many problems facing it as any of the other carriers. They lost a hell of a lot of money last quarter, as did other airlines, especially United, and with the exception of Southwest, America West, and Alaska. Is it pure conjecture that Delta considers two of those three direct competition, and that it considers Southwest its most dangerous competitor?

Look, I hope DL pulls through this soon. I know that they're not going anywhere, but Mr. Mullin and Ms. Escarra need to do something -- inflight service and comfort is behind many competitors, the route network (especially in the west) has too many holes, and customer service levels from employees, especially in ATL and DFW, is plain awful.

So, before you start throwing around terms like "3rd largest airline in the world", realize that even the almighty Delta is not infallable.

Fri Jul 27, 2001 9:39 am

Continental beats delta, period. Continental has NEWER PLANES and not aging rustbuckets carrying livery dating back to the Nixon years  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Continental painted their planes in ONE YEAR. Continental had COMFORTABLE seats. The narrowbodies crossing the Atlantic have more comfortable seats than Deltas little "chairs" and last but not least, the DC-10's and MD-80's are a prority for retirement.

Pendrilsaint

Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:51 pm

That livery dating back to the Nixon years is a little piece of history that I love to see on planes=) , At least Delta's aging rustbuckets as you call them...are purchased and not costing the company a huge amount.

N766UA

Fri Jul 27, 2001 1:06 pm

Since when did CO and DL become bitter rivals? I've flown CO and DL... I know for a fact.. from experiance.. that CO is better. Narrow bodies across the atlantic? 777s and 767-400s bub. We like our own airlines for a reason, I have ABSOLUTLY no reason to believe that the CO fans like CO because "Everyone says they're good" or that DL fans like DL for the same reason. We have our reasons and lets leave it at that! Man I said reason alot.

Fri Jul 27, 2001 1:27 pm

Continental will Rule the Skies, and the ground. What I mean by that is NW and CO have gates in DTWs new Midfield terminal. While DL is left out in the rain... LOL.

Delta SUCKS, FACE IT. Mr. Mullin needs to go join jetBlue and work with them as an executive and give Delta to Frank Lorenzo... Leo Mullin is a nice man working with the wrong airline.

deltaflyertoo

Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:20 pm

CO and DL don't even compete. You people can bash DL all you want and say it sucks and blah blah blah.

If you could be a fly in the wall at a strategic DL meeting in Atlanta, I'm sure some of you would be SHOCKED when you realized all of the strategy is built around what AA and UAL are going to do next. Face it, those 3 rule skies. Don't dispute, there are facts and facts and facts to support this.

CoLite-CO NEVER painted their planes in one year. Where do you come off w/ that? Like everyone else it took many many years to repaint. In fact CO in 94 was in such a desperate situation, there were planes in that year not painted at all.

CO is a great airline. Gordon did a great job, but people, lets not get blinded by what is truley going on in the industry. CO is a second rate airline. See my other posts about how they fulfill a niche, a niche Gordon is proud to admit. They are the big NUMBER FIVE. Get over it. It is a fact.

co/ba

Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:25 pm

If CO is a second 2nd rate airline then DL is a 4th rate airline.

deltaflyertoo

Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:29 pm

At least when I fly DL throughout the US I get a widebody flight and a choice of Omaha Steak or Chicken vs. a 737 and a turkey sandwhich on CO. So yeah, I stand corrected, it is CO that is the 4th rate one.

B747-437B

Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:34 pm

Careful here, DeltaSFO. Just because Delta is flying 777s across the Atlantic

Actually, I never stop teasing DeltaSFO that Continental operates DOUBLE the number of 777s that mighty Delta does.

SESGDL

Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:52 pm

Just some information of my experiences with Continental, NOTHING EXTRAORDINARY ABOUT THEM!!!!!!

It stormed bad, and there was a LOT of turbulence, the flight from Newark to MSP was awful, there was supposed to be a meal, but there was none, I DIDN'T SEE A SINGLE F/A THE WHOLE TIME!!!!! No apologies for the turbulence, or no service, OR NO MEAL!!!!!

On the many occasions I have flown CO, I have found them the be one of the WORST airlines that I have EVER flown, heck, VANGUARD's service was better than theirs!!!!!!!

Delta is doing FINE, they have a strategy and they won't let themselves just go down they drain like you all are saying!!!!! Delta has as much IF NOT MORE business strategy than Continental, you don't get to be the world's 3RD largest airline and WORLD'S LARGEST AIRLINE BY PASSENGERS, by sitting around and doing nothing, come on!!!!!!!

Tool

Fri Jul 27, 2001 3:02 pm

Amen SESGDL.

Critter592- You seem to have some mental issues. I don't expect much intelligence comeing from a 16-20 year old little boy.

N766UA

Sat Jul 28, 2001 12:39 am

Would everyone just shut up??? WE ALL HAVE OUR AIRLINES. You can't change my mind about CO and I can't change yours about DL... although I feel DL is fine except that ugly paintjob, so why are we even doing this? CO was rated best in the world for a reason. 5th largest or 90th, anyone can be the best and this year (as well as the past few) CO has been it! Leave it at that!

CactusA319

Sat Jul 28, 2001 1:31 am

Well I see the airline cheerleaders are out in full-force. I don't know about CO, but they can't be a second-rate airline when they consistently win JD Power Awards and are twice voted as the Air Transport World Airline of the Year as well as other awards. They must be doing something right. DL is the third largest airline in the world and has been a perenial power in the US airline industry. They both are great airlines. And you can find tons of stories about how either one is great or just sucks. It's a matter of opinion. It's just amazing how a post about DL competeing with HP via price turns into a "How DL is better than CO" thread. Amazing.

flyCMH
Topic Author

Sat Jul 28, 2001 10:45 am

CactusA319's last statement is absolutely correct. I'm at a loss for words myself. To Padcrasher, Flashmeister, Lsjef, and others, thanks for the attempt to contribute to the subject originally at hand. Let the crazed lunacy of "airline A" vs. "airline B" continue, I give up.

AirOne

Sat Jul 28, 2001 11:23 am

FlyCMH-

Hey since you are also a Columbus native, I am not sure if you have heard. The new gate expantion in Concourse C is adding five gates, Delta taking most of them, so Delta can then (at the end of 2002) operate up to five aircraft at a time. This leaves C1 as a dedticated international gate. By taking more gates obviously they are going to open up new destinations. Look out America West, Delta's on your trail....

AirOne

N766UA

FlyCMH

Sat Jul 28, 2001 11:53 am

Hey, If I wanted to fly down from CLE for a few hours to watch planes, what would be the best spot inside the airport?

CactusA319

AirOne

Sun Jul 29, 2001 10:26 am

Or they could just add frequencies to ATL, CVG, and the Floriday runs. Maybe JFK using RJ's. I don't see DL opening up too many other destinations out of CMH, especially when they have a hub in the same state.

jessman

CactusA319

Sun Jul 29, 2001 10:48 am

well, technically CVG is in kentucky, but the proximity is there. On the other hand US operates hubs in PHL and PIT; if the demand is there why not operate several flights to cvg and cmh simultaneously. I would like to see Delta drop some fares out of CVG. CVG could get a lot more O&D traffic if it wasn't competing with CMH and SDF where southwest and other competitors necessitate a lower fare. Oh well, I don't make up the fares, I just quote them and then refer the passenger to CMH and SDF.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos