Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zrs70
Topic Author

Us-yvr-Europe: how long for connection

Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:57 am

Dear sages,

I am delayed in sea on way to yvr. Originally had 2.5 hour connection. Now closer to one hour. Onward ticket is separate, yvr-Lhr.

I have no bags, and I already have the inward boarding pass. I know I can be in transit in yvr rather than having to exit customs. One hour should be ok, but I'd like insights from others.

Thank you!
20 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2020

cabochris

Re: Us-yvr-Europe: how long for connection

Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:13 am

You on the BA LHR flight..too bad Delta couldn't get you on DL5751... I am amusing you are sched on 5684.
It will be tight, and can be done, but you will need some luck. Unfortunately, DL5684 is now coming into YVR around the same time as 6 heavies, including your BA A388. Customs will be jammed for the next 3 hours, and that is where your luck will save you or kill you...

Looks like your jet is cleared to go and on the ground in SEA. Crew delay. With the weather in the area, flight time should be around 40 min tonight. SEA Departures are light around your departure time, shouldn't be no more than 5 min. But you need to clear Canada Customs by 8pm no later.That is tight.. cant see it working...

If you are on the Air Canada LHR flight @ 9pm... well you have a better chance..

You got 15 min to get on BA 48 SEA-LHR 77W, if they can re-book...

Good luck.

zrs70
Topic Author

Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:07 am

Thanks for the advice and for following the flight!

Landed in YVR and pulled to the gate by 7:17. I bypassed customs/ immigration by going to the International Connections area. No line, but the typical Candanian Border control had lots of questions. (Mind you, he was polite - but inquisitive. Never got why Canada is so inquisitive. "Why were you in S Korea this year?" "Why were you in Italy last year." Etc.

Anyway, I was through formalities and in the departure area by 7:25. So it took all of 8 minutes.

I'm writing now from the BA F lounge. Will be boarding in 10 minutes!
20 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2020

qblue

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:48 am

Wow you must hold the record fastest transit time. Anybody else can beat 8 minutes to do an intentIonal transit. My most worrysome was LAX terminal 2 on AC collect bag and run to TBIT in 30 min and it was run the way to connect to FJ made it. If I did not it was 2 day stay for next flight.

qblue

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:50 am

Wow you must hold the record fastest transit time. Anybody else can beat 8 minutes to do an intentIonal transit. My most worrysome was LAX terminal 2 on AC collect bag and run to TBIT in 30 min and it was run the way to connect to FJ made it. If I did not it was 2 day stay for next flight.

IPFreely

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:16 am

cabochris wrote:
YI am amusing you are sched on 5684..

I am also amused. Fortunately customs made up for time you lost on Delta Connection. Lesson learned for the next time: Do not use Delta Connection to get you to an international flight. Or anywhere else where it is important that you get to your destination on time.