Delta777Jet
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2000 6:19 am

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Tue May 02, 2017 10:43 am

TXL/MUC/FRA-JFK
FRA-STL/JFK

but all operated by TWA - Trans World Airlines !!!

:-)
717/722/732/733/735/736/73G/739/739/741/742/743/744/748/74L/752/753/762/763/764/772/773/77L/788/789/781/DC10/L10/L15/M80/M90/320/321/319/AB6/312/313/332/333/342/343/346/359/388/T54/IL18/AT4/AT7/DH1/DH3/DH4/E145/170/1790/Bae146/RJ85/F50/F70/100/CR2/CR7/CR9
 
User avatar
Lemieux
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Tue May 02, 2017 6:04 pm

PIT-LHR, miss it so much
Full time internet idiot. A319/20/20NEO/21/332/333, Boeing 733/734/737/738/752/753/762/763/772/773/788/789, CR2/7/9, de Havilland DHC-8, Embraer 140/145/175/190, MD82/88.
 
User avatar
jlaforteza
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:57 am

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Thu May 04, 2017 6:58 am

Not likely to happen anytime soon, but GUM to LAX would be great to see family and friends in So. Cal.. Not have to deal with long layovers or transfers.
 
dc9northwest
Posts: 2270
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:33 am

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Sat May 06, 2017 5:07 pm

ORD-MDW.
 
BWIGuy1
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Sun May 07, 2017 3:20 pm

Hmm... BWI to EGE. There's already a nonstop service from IAD... but it's IAD. I wouldn't touch that airport with a 39 and a half foot pole.

A tiny bit more realistically, BWI-CDG or LHR on WN. They already have a hub here, so if/when they expand to Europe eventually this would be an obvious choice. Plus their new 737 MAX 7s should be able to make the jump.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 4005
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Sun May 07, 2017 4:12 pm

BWIGuy1 wrote:
A tiny bit more realistically, BWI-CDG or LHR on WN. They already have a hub here, so if/when they expand to Europe eventually this would be an obvious choice. Plus their new 737 MAX 7s should be able to make the jump.


Keep in mind that it's Southwest, so they're likely to pick secondary airports. Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle are among the most expensive airports in the world, so I can't see them picking those. There's no shortage for alternative airports in Europe.
 
BWIGuy1
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Sun May 07, 2017 4:20 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
BWIGuy1 wrote:
A tiny bit more realistically, BWI-CDG or LHR on WN. They already have a hub here, so if/when they expand to Europe eventually this would be an obvious choice. Plus their new 737 MAX 7s should be able to make the jump.


Keep in mind that it's Southwest, so they're likely to pick secondary airports. Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle are among the most expensive airports in the world, so I can't see them picking those. There's no shortage for alternative airports in Europe.


Yeah... forgot about that for a second. Hence MDW over ORD. From experience, ORY could be an alternative to CDG... seems like the LCCs like easyJet flock there. Also possibly Luton or Gatwick over LHR?
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 13481
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Mon May 08, 2017 7:21 am

From Old to New Zealand via Nova Zembla, Sapporo and Hoorn Eylanden.

Image
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
 
User avatar
TOGA10
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:49 am

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Mon May 08, 2017 8:13 am

BWIGuy1 wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:
BWIGuy1 wrote:
A tiny bit more realistically, BWI-CDG or LHR on WN. They already have a hub here, so if/when they expand to Europe eventually this would be an obvious choice. Plus their new 737 MAX 7s should be able to make the jump.


Keep in mind that it's Southwest, so they're likely to pick secondary airports. Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle are among the most expensive airports in the world, so I can't see them picking those. There's no shortage for alternative airports in Europe.


Yeah... forgot about that for a second. Hence MDW over ORD. From experience, ORY could be an alternative to CDG... seems like the LCCs like easyJet flock there. Also possibly Luton or Gatwick over LHR?

easyJet has a base at both Paris main airports (CDG and ORY).
Luton is pretty much full, I would expect LGW to be your main candidate.
And on topic, I'd like to see AMS-SAN!
Love flying, hate the alarm at 3 in the morning, love watching the sun rise at 5:30. It's all about compromises.
 
A330NZ
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:23 am

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Mon May 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Anywhere from CHC! Used to be my hometown, but I still love hearing about new services there even though I live much closer to WLG nowadays. In particular:

(Upgrades from seasonal to year-round services)

NZ CHC-PER
CX CHC-HKG
CI CHC-MEL-TPE

New Services

NZ CHC-LAX (Connecting to NZ1 and NZ2 to/from LHR)
OZ/KE CHC-ICN
NZ/JL/NH CHC-NRT/HND
MH CHC-KUL
QR CHC-(XXX)-DOH
 
User avatar
757usairways
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Mon May 08, 2017 3:13 pm

PHL-NRT (JAL)
PHL-ICN (KAL or AAL)
PHL-DXB (EK)
PHL-MEX (AAL)
PHL-HAV (AAL)
 
Lentini2001
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:53 am

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Wed May 10, 2017 11:44 am

BHX to ...

Well, anywhere basically other than Doha and Dubai...
 
Jduf572
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: What is the Nonstop Route of your Dreams?

Wed May 10, 2017 3:16 pm

ORD-DME. Russia is quite the place to go

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: longhauler and 18 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos