Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

cvgComair

Re: Are there any failed airline hubs in the world?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:56 pm

michman wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
What is crazy is that all the CRJ-200's are expected to be removed from CVG by the end of 2017...

Expected by who? Lots of 50 seat CRJ flying still showing in the schedule out of CVG in 2018. I seriously doubt these are all going to be replaced.

CVG CEO stated in an interview that DL was planning on phasing all the CRJ's out by the end of 2017. They just took them off of CVG-DTW/MSP/BNA/MEM/XNA, only CLT/PHL/RDU/MKE/STL/MCI/BWI/ORD are left, that's about 10-15 flights a day, could be replaced by a CRJ-700 with minimal impact (and reduction in frequency).

I will try to find the interview, it was on google news around the time of the amazon announcement.

Cubsrule

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Noise wrote:
Is RDU the only airport that is busier/bigger now than during it's hub years? Or does BNA and SJC also fall into that category?

BNA has fewer movements than in the hub days but breaks passenger records just about every month.

It would be interesting to compare the passenger counts for the AA hub and the WN hublet but those data are elusive.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

TransGlobalGold

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
Noise wrote:
Is RDU the only airport that is busier/bigger now than during it's hub years? Or does BNA and SJC also fall into that category?

BNA has fewer movements than in the hub days but breaks passenger records just about every month.

It would be interesting to compare the passenger counts for the AA hub and the WN hublet but those data are elusive.

IIRC (I lived in Dallas for the duration of the BNA hub), didn't AA have 6 banks for flights? Three in each direction. I would fly to BNA, sometimes every gate was in use, others a ghost town as hubs tend to be. I saw a DC10 once out in the C gates near the elbow in the terminal and Eagle a/c parked at B. I don't recall how many mainline and Eagle flights they has at the peak of the hub. When I fly out of BNA now, it just seems much busier throughout the terminal than in the AA days.

lightsaber

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:38 pm

There are numerous failed hubs. Many sad to discuss. Some are a victim of bad policy (Mirabel), some fell to longer range small planes (bypass, STL),and in some cases the outgrew the economics of the host city and thus experience harsh contractions in a recession.

Sadly, there will be more. Of TK+ ME3 (including subsidiaries) + Air Arabia + other regional, I expect only 3 to survive as hubs. Cities with high O&D (50%+ is most profitable) will continue as hubs unless corruption or war/terrorism changes the fundamentals. Then the most efficient/nimble. But that will be a long spectator sport.

I hope to see once hubs revitalize. But the days of bridge hubbing are on their last legs (two or more connections). So the host city needs a strong and (long term) growing economy.

cvgComair wrote:
Dahlgardo wrote:
Cincinnatti CVG peaked in 2005 with over 22mill pax.
It's now down to around 6mill.

That place used to be a CRJ heaven.

DL's CVG hub is really interesting because its actually still a hub according to DL, just in a much reduced state. Cincinnati peaked at 22 million travelers in 2001 and again in 2005 with 670 daily departures to ~130 destinations, but due to the Comair Pilot Strike, DL Bankruptcy, and finally the Merger with Northwest, was reduced down to its current state of 87 daily departures with 35 destinations. Since 2015, DL has actually increased its capacity in seat count. What is crazy is that all the CRJ-200's are expected to be removed from CVG by the end of 2017, whereas in 2005, Comair had ~140 CRJ-100/200's operating from CVG! At the time, Comair was even the largest regional airline in the world, with hubs in CVG, BOS, MCO, and JFK, its crazy to think they do not even exist as a commercial airline (the only part of the airline that still exists is their subsidiary, "Delta Private Jets", which still operates and is based at CVG). In 2005, CVG was actually the 4th largest hub in the world for an airline ranked by daily departures behind ATL, ORD, and DFW. (Over 500,000 aircraft movements a year). Of course, most of these were on CRJ-100's (450 of the 670 daily departures).

While CVG failed as a large connecting hub for DL (though ~10% of DL's passenger traffic at CVG is currently connecting traffic), it has succeeded long term as an O&D station and is still the 9th largest market for DL. Though, times have changed, Comair's Concourse C is currently being torn down, but DL still holds its lease on Concourse B. We are hoping for continued DL increases in capacity with WN entering the market and rough estimates show CVG getting 7.5-7.9 million passengers this year, combined with continued growth with Allegiant and Frontier's hubs/focus cities at CVG.

Interesting numbers.

But technically a hub is 30% to 70% of outgoing passengers are connecting. So DL might call a focus city a hub as... There is a downside calling it something else for DL and no cost to keep calling it a hub. So why not make CLE customers happier?

The peak of CLE was something. I recall taking an ERJ-135 there quite a few times. The fares we're rediculous though. Then LCCs, now ULCCs drove down fares making it unsustainable as a hub. Cest la vie.

Lightsaber
I cannot wait to get vaccinated to live again! Warning: I simulated that it takes 50%+ vaccinated to protect the vaccinated and 75%+ vaccinated to protect the vac-hesitant.

strfyr51

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:57 pm

2travel2know2 wrote:
In the States, MEM, not mentioned yet, might qualify as a failed airline hub.
Air Malta tried to build up a hub at MLA but it didn't work.
Once upon a time Central American airports like GUA and SJO were hubs.
CCS is a failed hub too.

Mem?? That's a FEDEX Hub. They may not be flying passengers but it's a Very Large Hub!

EK006

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:01 am

I believe MAN can also be classed as a failed hub for BA. Even though BA didn't have a large scale hub they had a sizeable operation which they chose to withdraw in favour of building LHR as their main hub

Now MAN is favoured by LCC's as well as a wide variety of international carriers which is very impressive.

crownvic

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:14 am

LatAmFlyer wrote:
... or hubs that didn't work out as expected either for the airlines, passengers or the airports involved? Did any have to retrench, radically shift their operational procedures or fail altogether? Are there any new hubs that couldn't quite make the cut and ultimately decide to call it off before it could? Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

To answer your question in a simple way, I would estimate there are more failed hubs over history, than there have been successful hubs. I am not including an airlines headquarters in this comment (i.e. AA at DFW, BA at LHR, DL at ATL, etc.).

KanaHawaii

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:19 am

As mentioned before, Portland International in Oregon could be considered a failed hub if you look at it from Delta's perspective. At one time, PDX was the Asia gateway for the airline. When 9/11 happened and retrenchment in the whole industry occurred, Delta's answer was to de-hub (or was it just a focus city?) PDX and pretty much end the whole PDX as a Asian gateway to the states model. PDX took years to recover from that, with AS now being one of a couple of airlines that use PDX, at least, as a focus city.

Cunard

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:27 am

EK006 wrote:
I believe MAN can also be classed as a failed hub for BA. Even though BA didn't have a large scale hub they had a sizeable operation which they chose to withdraw in favour of building LHR as their main hub

Now MAN is favoured by LCC's as well as a wide variety of international carriers which is very impressive.

MAN may have had a sizeable operation from BA in the late 1980s through to the mid 90s but it was never in anyway a hub, BA were forced out by the rapid growth in low cost carriers and remember that GB Airways was a BA franchise carrier and was sold to Easyjet opening the door to them to flying from Manchester, British Airways decided to retract from the regions and focus on their HUB at London Heathrow.

So therefore MAN can not really be classed as a failed hub for BA.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

EL-AL

Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:16 am

What about Kiev airport? The Ukrainian government invested a lot in the airport, including construction of a brand new terminal (terminal D), but since it's opening came the collapse of Aerosvit, the invasion to Crimea and the shooting down of the Malaysian 777 – all resulted in major traffic decrease. Russian cities were before 2013 the most popular destination out of KBP, and now there are no flights at all.

I was connecting in KBP 6 months ago when I flew to Armenia, and apart from one Turkish Airlines plane, I didn’t see any other airlines in the airport but UIA, and the traffic in the terminal was pretty light, in spite of very good prices offered by UIA to many destinations around Europe, so as JFK, PEK & BKK.
every day is a good day to fly

sq256

Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:36 am

TWA772LR wrote:
United at JFK stands out in my mind. As well as CO Lite at GSO.

Don't think UA ever considered JFK a official hub.

All I can find that UA had referred to JFK as a "international gateway" in the past and not as a hub. UA relied heavily on O&D for their JFK operations over the years.

michman

Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:42 am

cvgComair wrote:
michman wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
What is crazy is that all the CRJ-200's are expected to be removed from CVG by the end of 2017...

Expected by who? Lots of 50 seat CRJ flying still showing in the schedule out of CVG in 2018. I seriously doubt these are all going to be replaced.

CVG CEO stated in an interview that DL was planning on phasing all the CRJ's out by the end of 2017. They just took them off of CVG-DTW/MSP/BNA/MEM/XNA, only CLT/PHL/RDU/MKE/STL/MCI/BWI/ORD are left, that's about 10-15 flights a day, could be replaced by a CRJ-700 with minimal impact (and reduction in frequency).

I will try to find the interview, it was on google news around the time of the amazon announcement.

I have found multiple recent articles and they all talk about operating 75% of flights out of CVG with a FC cabin. There's nothing about a complete phase-out of single cabin RJ's.

readytotaxi

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:30 am

Those pictures of Mirabel, anyone else find empty airports spooky?
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

KentB27

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:08 am

Vanguard, Midwest Airlines, Braniff, and Eastern all tried using MCI as a hub and failed. MCI is not an airport that's optimally set up for connecting flights, especially between different terminals. MCI also has never really been a large enough market to actually sustain a large hub in my opinion.

cvgComair

Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:45 pm

michman wrote:
I have found multiple recent articles and they all talk about operating 75% of flights out of CVG with a FC cabin. There's nothing about a complete phase-out of single cabin RJ's.

Talk about Delta starts @ 14:35, the CRJ piece is @ 15:52. Link: http://wvxu.org/post/impact-cincinnatin ... 0#stream/0

JulietteBravo

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:29 pm

BSL "Euroairport" (Basel/Bâle, Switzerland):
Crossair (LX) (now SWISS) wanted to be a major european business regional airline at BSL with a wide range of intra-europe connections. After the Swissair (SR) grounding 2001 also Crossair (LX) - in the meantime a doughter of SR- fell but has been "rescued" by Swiss banks and took over Swissair operations at ZRH as the new SWISS intl. Air Lines (LX). Basel was no hub and had no priority anymore.
Two years ago LX ceased operations at BSL completely. It is now a PtoP airport for airlines such as Easyjet Switzerland, Germanwings,...

Kilopond

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:37 pm

Nicosia (IATA: NIC) has been mothballed when Turkey conquered Northern Cyprus in 1974.

New York's Flushing airport (IATA: FLU) has just been given up.

geologyrocks

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:00 am

Whether the hub no longer exists because the airline itself decided to pull out or because the airline itself went bankrupt is irrelevant in my opinion. It still leaves a big airport with no one willing to invest in it. Memphis is a failure because the city itself is a failure. When Delta first started pulling out, all these people around here kept talking about how great it was that Delta was going to make room for others. Yeah, crickets chirping...surprise! No one wants to actually come to Memphis whether because it's a mid-sized market, it's below average disposable income, or well above average violent crime rate. The only things that you can get to come here are boxes.

Now, Nashville on the other hand is actually doing quite well these days and keeps on growing despite having lost their hub to AA years and years ago. But Nashville is also a city that people actually want to visit and live in.

IPFreely

Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:17 am

KentB27 wrote:
Vanguard, Midwest Airlines, Braniff, and Eastern all tried using MCI as a hub and failed. MCI is not an airport that's optimally set up for connecting flights, especially between different terminals. MCI also has never really been a large enough market to actually sustain a large hub in my opinion.

Looking at a map of the US it's easy to see why airlines would select MCI as an east/west connecting hub. If the right airline had set up a hub there at the right time it probably would have worked quite well.

KentB27

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:37 pm

IPFreely wrote:
KentB27 wrote:

Looking at a map of the US it's easy to see why airlines would select MCI as an east/west connecting hub. If the right airline had set up a hub there at the right time it probably would have worked quite well.

If anyone could do a hub successfully at MCI it would be WN or DL. But "hub" is a dirty word at WN and DL already has enough hubs as it is. TWA wanted to make MCI their main hub but the city of Kansas City wouldn't go for building them a new terminal so they chose STL instead. Now MCI is facing the same issue. The airport desperately needs renovations or a new terminal but the people of Kansas City don't understand the value of this. This time it's WN that's pushing for the new terminal though.

OA260

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:57 am

Jerry123 wrote:
I'd say DUB. It might not be failing but Aer Lingus regional have definitely retrenched a bit by dropping LPL, CWL and DSA.

Three small prop operated routes to not make or break a hub. DUB is booming at the moment with a major growth in TATL transit numbers. One might argue it is one of the most popular ones to develop over the last number of years.

FlyUSAir

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:38 pm

A bunch here in the US:

RDU - Failed American hub, even at it's peak there was really no significant traffic here. Even 2000 had more passengers than AA's peak in 1991 did. Terminal C was built around the AA connecting portion and the airport had to rebuild the terminal completely in the mid-2000's.

CVG - Still a Delta hub but severely downgraded. Delta at it's peak in 2005 had about 650 daily flights along with the airport having over 22,000,000 passengers. Now Delta is only operating around 89 daily flights and passengers levels are only improving due to the entrance of F9, G4, and now WN. Terminals 1 and 2 shuttered and Terminal 3 Concourse C is a sad reminder of what the hub used to be.

CLE - Failed CO (UA) hub. Passenger numbers went significantly down after UA pulled the hub in 2014. Concourse D is abandoned and UA will be leasing out many gates in Concourse C. Passenger numbers are starting to increase with the entrance of F9, G4, and NK.

STL - TWA hub and home base and later failed AA hub. Passenger numbers peaked in 2000 with over 35,000,000 passengers. They also at their peak had 505 daily flights with service to 104 destinations. After 9/11 and AA's buyout of TWA and through the 2000's, AA's hub had a slow but painful death in 2008 when they reduced service to 36 daily flights with 9 destinations. Concourse D is abandoned with the connector blocked off and Concourse C has gates C29-C38 closed. However WN has a "hub" here now and they do pretty well. Oddly enough AA still has a pretty large Admirals Club located here.

MCI - Failed TWA hub. The design of the terminals were proven to be poor and TWA and the city battled until TWA packed up and left to STL. Terminal A is closed and the future of the other terminals are uncertain. Traffic however is pretty steady.

PIT - Failed US Airways hub. New larger terminals were built for growth and the rising US Airways hub. Also made connections easier. I believe it reached it's peak in 2003 with over 14,000,000 passengers. After 9/11 and their financial situation US Airways greatly reduced service through the decade until only key P-P business regional jet flights and other hub flights remained. Airport growth is happening again due to the increase of LCC's entering but it is an extremely large airport for the size.

MEM - Failed NW (and DL) hub. When the merger happened Delta gutted the hub pretty quickly and now basically only hub flights remain. 60 flights will remain at the airport after the airport tears down the ends of Concourse A and C. Passenger traffic is now down to basically around 4,000,000 passengers a year, and the airport is pretty large/hub like for it's size. FedEx is basically keeping the airport afloat.

BNA - Failed AA hub. Serviced peaked in 1992 and closed the hub in 1995. Concourse D is now abandoned and WN has picked up where AA left off.
A319/A320/A321/A333 712/732/733/734/735/737/738/752/753/762/763 C172 CR2/CR7/CR9 E145/E170/E175/E190
MD82/MD83/MD88/MD90 Q100/Q400

afcjets

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:28 am

klm617 wrote:
BWI, DAY-PI

Both of these hubs remained and did not fail until after the merger with USAir. BWI was even a strong hub for US for a good four years before WN came to town, and they put up a good fight for a couple of more years IIRC. SYR was another Piedmont hub inherited from Empire that was dehubed soon after the merger with US.

IPFreely wrote:
CLE and MIA could be considered failed hubs for UA

MCO could too. They tried it as a hub around the same time as DL but it didn't last long and lasted much longer for DL.

SFOThinker wrote:
DAY became a hub for Piedmont Airlines, having not even been served by the airline previously, if I recall correctly. They funneled a number of East Coast cities and Midwest cities into the airport for an east-west transfer hub.

Yup, it opened on 7/1/82 as a hub from day one. Similiar to the early days of the CLT hub it connected small cities in the Midwest (as opposed to the South) to big NE cities and FL. Eventually it landed LAX and SFO too with 727s then 737s and IIRC maybe even DEN?

lightsaber wrote:
But technically a hub is 30% to 70% of outgoing passengers are connecting.

Really? I am guessing this means LAX and JFK are not technically hubs for anyone then (with the possible exception of B6 at JFK).

And on the other end of the spectrum CLT isn't either, since approximately 80% of their passengers are connecting.

Noise wrote:
Is RDU the only airport that is busier/bigger now than during it's hub years?

It may be busier in terms of passengers and maybe even flights, but I am wondering if it had more capacity (ASMs) when it was a hub for AA. It seems the new terminal at RDU is at least half RJs. AA flew mostly S80, 727 and a few DC10s, 757s and 767s. It was almost all jet with only a few Eagle flights to very small regional cities. How many fights did AA have versus WN now?

KentB27 wrote:
IPFreely wrote:
KentB27 wrote:

If anyone could do a hub successfully at MCI it would be WN or DL. But "hub" is a dirty word at WN... The airport desperately needs renovations or a new terminal but the people of Kansas City don't understand the value of this. This time it's WN that's pushing for the new terminal though.

Hub may be a dirty word at WN but they have more hubs than any airline, approximately 15, including MCI which is why they are pushing for the new terminal. It is one of their weaker hubs though as far as connecting opportunities.
Last edited by afcjets on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

afcjets

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:28 am

IND and CLE were other hubs that failed for US including MCI which was already mentioned.

Even before AA, RDU was a very small hub for New York Air which failed before the airline did.

TWA established a small domestic hub in ATL in the early 1990s.

Technically CLT was a failed hub for EA in that it was dehubbed 5 years before their demise but Piedmont greatly surpassed them at CLT seemingly overnight in the very early 1980s. It's hard to call CLT a failure for Eastern though because it was a hub for over 20 years for them, dating back to the 1960s if not earlier.

PatrickZ80

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:36 pm

afcjets wrote:
Hub may be a dirty word at WN but they have more hubs than any airline, approximately 15, including MCI which is why they are pushing for the new terminal. It is one of their weaker hubs though as far as connecting opportunities.

More than any American airline you mean, but not more than any other airline. If I believe Wikipedia Southwest has 20 focus cities (they don't call them bases, but you get the idea). Ryanair on the other hand has no less than 78 bases all over Europe, that's almost 4 times as much as Southwest in America. I think Ryanair is the airline with the most hubs in the world.

Of course, most of these "hubs" are just regional airports that don't offer any connections. That's fine with Ryanair which doesn't offer connections either. It's just that their aircraft and crew are based there. Mostly an airport that is a base offers more routes than an airport that is a destination only.

afcjets

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:37 pm

No, I mean in the the world.

Ryanair actually has the fewest hubs (although they may be tied at zero) as they don't offer connections at all.

I don't believe Wikipedia. Almost every domestic city that is not a hub for SW is a "focus city" (a term that was never used in the airline industry until the mid 1990s) as WN usually comes to town offering several nonstop destinations from day one.

cvgComair

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:37 pm

afcjets wrote:
I don't believe Wikipedia. Almost every domestic city that is not a hub for SW is a "focus city" (a term that was never used in the airline industry until the mid 1990s) as WN usually comes to town offering several nonstop destinations from day one.

As a frequent editor on Wikipedia, we are listing the "operating bases" on the actual Southwest Airlines page, these are directly from WN's website:
Atlanta
Baltimore
Chicago–Midway
Dallas–Love
Denver
Houston–Hobby
Las Vegas
Oakland
Orlando
Phoenix–Sky Harbor

The listing of individual cities on airport pages like STL/MCI/BNA/etc that are not specifically operating bases has nothing to do with what WN calls them. They are only put as a "focus city" as the Airport Template does not allow users to enter operating bases for individual airports. I am currently involved in changing other templates, but I think I will try to work on in this one in the near-term. The consensus (which I do not agree with) when we made this change about 6-7 months ago is that we would leave the airport articles alone, but you are right, WN does not actually name hubs or focus cities.

If you ever see something in aviation messed up on Wikipedia, feel free to let me know, I work hard to keep correct information about aviation, not false/incorrect stuff some people try to add because they see on this forum. It is crazy, some users have even dared to cite this forum for airline information :-).

afcjets

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:14 am

I thought anyone could edit Wikipedia which is why I don't always trust it. When it comes to hubs though I don't trust WN either as the amount of revenue making connections at WN through their hubs is in the billions. If they want to call it an operating base fine, but BNA is a very large hub for WN which is a ubiquitous connect point on their schedule and even by Lightsaber's definition I am guessing more than 30 percent of their passengers are connecting but it could be lower. Or by operating base do they mean crew base?

cvgComair

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:30 am

afcjets wrote:
I thought anyone could edit Wikipedia which is why I don't always trust it. When it comes to hubs though I don't trust WN either as the amount of revenue making connections at WN through their hubs is in the billions. If they want to call it an operating base fine, but BNA is a very large hub for WN which is a ubiquitous connect point on their schedule and even by Lightsaber's definition I am guessing more than 30 percent of their passengers are connecting but it could be lower. Or by operating base do they mean crew base?

From another forum, here is all of WN's stations ranked by passengers carried. There really is no line between "hub" and "spoke" for WN, so its really hard to classify what is/is not a hub/focus city/etc:

Southwest markets ranked by total domestic onboard passengers
1 ….. 20864536 ….. MDW
2 ….. 18370494 ….. LAS
3 ….. 17030086 ….. DEN
4 ….. 17015786 ….. BWI
5 ….. 14586437 ….. PHX
6 ….. 14402267 ….. DAL
7 ….. 11324030 ….. HOU
8 ….. 10381086 ….. MCO
9 ….. 10198080 ….. ATL
10 ….. 9569533 ….. LAX
11 ….. 8567206 ….. OAK
12 ….. 7967013 ….. SAN
13 ….. 7895573 ….. STL
14 ….. 7283449 ….. BNA
15 ….. 6616997 ….. TPA
16 ….. 5590149 ….. MCI
17 ….. 5310541 ….. SMF
18 ….. 5162649 ….. SJC
19 ….. 5022573 ….. FLL
20 ….. 4838547 ….. AUS
21 ….. 4739582 ….. SNA
22 ….. 4315958 ….. MSY
23 ….. 3510950 ….. SFO
24 ….. 3447154 ….. DCA
25 ….. 3440328 ….. SAT
26 ….. 3408833 ….. SEA
27 ….. 3317316 ….. PDX
28 ….. 3226926 ….. BUR
29 ….. 3147817 ….. MKE
30 ….. 2990831 ….. BOS
31 ….. 2859895 ….. IND
32 ….. 2759661 ….. LGA
33 ….. 2700728 ….. CMH
34 ….. 2598538 ….. ABQ
35 ….. 2458185 ….. ONT
36 ….. 2419806 ….. SLC
37 ….. 2379177 ….. RDU
38 ….. 2282041 ….. PIT
39 ….. 2267377 ….. PHL
40 ….. 2121741 ….. MSP
41 ….. 1782348 ….. RSW
42 ….. 1686862 ….. DTW
43 ….. 1663494 ….. PVD
44 ….. 1598275 ….. BDL
45 ….. 1574544 ….. BUF
46 ….. 1522200 ….. RNO
47 ….. 1493843 ….. OMA
48 ….. 1382167 ….. ELP
49 ….. 1369427 ….. OKC
50 ….. 1356976 ….. EWR
51 ….. 1263786 ….. CLE
52 ….. 1166342 ….. MHT
53 ….. 1133506 ….. ISP
54 ….. 1125562 ….. ALB
55 ….. 1010363 ….. JAX
56 ….. 1004126 ….. SDF
57 ……. 989428 ….. TUS
58 ……. 947552 ….. SJU
59 ……. 924101 ….. TUL
60 ……. 892868 ….. BHM
61 ……. 781344 ….. BOI
62 ……. 751224 ….. GEG
63 ……. 694151 ….. MEM
64 ……. 664354 ….. PBI
65 ……. 658397 ….. ORF
66 ……. 616033 ….. CHS
67 ……. 518394 ….. CLT
68 ……. 517031 ….. LIT
69 ……. 510127 ….. MAF
70 ……. 506962 ….. IAD
71 ……. 492533 ….. GRR
72 ……. 464152 ….. LBB
73 ……. 444411 ….. ROC
74 ……. 402502 ….. HRL
75 ……. 386282 ….. ECP
76 ……. 324012 ….. CAK
77 ……. 321234 ….. AMA
78 ……. 311856 ….. ICT
79 ……. 274016 ….. PWM
80 ……. 262754 ….. FNT
81 ……. 259034 ….. RIC
82 ……. 247784 ….. DSM
83 ……. 246688 ….. DAY
84 ……. 238933 ….. PNS
85 ……. 227585 ….. GSP
86 ……. 223782 ….. LGB
87 ……. 218261 ….. CRP

Jshank83

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:59 am

cvgComair wrote:
It is crazy, some users have even dared to cite this forum for airline information :-).

I learned about this a.net based on a wikipedia edit citing it. I think it was when SNA cut all their WN routes.