Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
AF773
Topic Author
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:25 pm

Delta's 75S JFK-KEF weekly winter service questions

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Hello all,

Its been a while since I last posted so not really sure this question goes in Polls and Prefs but here it goes.

I am booked on DL's JFK-KEF flight late January. I see it is reduced to a weekly 75S service. In the summer months both JFK and MSP flights are on domestic B757.
My flights are on Delta One seats. So here goes my questions:

-Is the service up front also Delta One like other transatlantic flights?
-First time in the lie flat cabin of the 75S, would you chose 1A or 1B?

Thanks all for your input.


AF773
Next flights: NCE-CFR; NCE-CDG-NTE; TLN-ORY-PTP; TLN-ORY/CDG-ATL-SAT
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Delta's 75S JFK-KEF weekly winter service questions

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Not having actually flown this route with Delta, I can't comment on what the service is like onboard. However, I'd actually recommend Seat 2A instead of 1A. It's nice to have that extra bit of distance between the forward galley and your seat, because sometimes noise from the galley can be a little irritating. JFK-KEF is a short flight, so maybe you aren't planning on sleeping much, but I'd still recommend 2A, because there's also a toilet located directly behind the cockpit. While congregation isn't too much of a problem in the premium cabin, it can still be a bit bothersome to have someone standing in the aisle next to your seat for five minutes while someone else finishes up in the bathroom. Just my two cents of course.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300
 
AF773
Topic Author
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:25 pm

Re: Delta's 75S JFK-KEF weekly winter service questions

Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:33 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Not having actually flown this route with Delta, I can't comment on what the service is like onboard. However, I'd actually recommend Seat 2A instead of 1A. It's nice to have that extra bit of distance between the forward galley and your seat, because sometimes noise from the galley can be a little irritating. JFK-KEF is a short flight, so maybe you aren't planning on sleeping much, but I'd still recommend 2A, because there's also a toilet located directly behind the cockpit. While congregation isn't too much of a problem in the premium cabin, it can still be a bit bothersome to have someone standing in the aisle next to your seat for five minutes while someone else finishes up in the bathroom. Just my two cents of course.



Thanks so much for your advice. I caught my mistake too late as I meant 1D instead of 1B, should be better maybe?
Next flights: NCE-CFR; NCE-CDG-NTE; TLN-ORY-PTP; TLN-ORY/CDG-ATL-SAT
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Delta's 75S JFK-KEF weekly winter service questions

Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:52 pm

AF773 wrote:
Thanks so much for your advice. I caught my mistake too late as I meant 1D instead of 1B, should be better maybe?


No problem :)
I guess 1D would be similar to 1A. I wouldn't opt for either 1B or 1C though. I personally tend to avoid the first row, but if you think you'd be happy enough in 1D, then go for it.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300
 
deltaguy767
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:32 am

Re: Delta's 75S JFK-KEF weekly winter service questions

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Echo the sentiment of Row 2 vs. 1, flew the 75S up front last year JFK-LAX and had a nice ride in 2A. Only drawback is you will need your seatmate to be accommodating in letting you out to use the lav, should the need arise, as there is no direct aisle access for the A & D seats.
A Good Landing is one you walk away from! Any comments made on this board are my own and do not reflect the opinions or actions of my employer.
 
AF773
Topic Author
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:25 pm

Re: Delta's 75S JFK-KEF weekly winter service questions

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:22 am

deltaguy767 wrote:
Echo the sentiment of Row 2 vs. 1, flew the 75S up front last year JFK-LAX and had a nice ride in 2A. Only drawback is you will need your seatmate to be accommodating in letting you out to use the lav, should the need arise, as there is no direct aisle access for the A & D seats.



Thanks for the info :)

I weirdly like the bulkhead so I went with 1D to KEF. Followed your advice back home and am going with 2A.
Next flights: NCE-CFR; NCE-CDG-NTE; TLN-ORY-PTP; TLN-ORY/CDG-ATL-SAT

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Imperialhill, jplatts and 11 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos