blooc350
Topic Author

Airline Ratings names winner for Best Airline

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:00 pm

And the winner for 2019 is............

"For years Singapore Airlines has been the gold standard and now it is back to its best leading in passenger innovations and new state-of-the-art aircraft models."

World's top 10 airlines
1- Singapore Airlines
2- Air New Zealand
3- Qantas
4- Qatar Airways
5- Virgin Australia
6- Emirates
7-ANA
8- Eva Air
9-Cathay Pacific
10-Japan airlines

Article link:https://www.businessinsider.com/best-airlines-in-the-world-for-2019-airlineratings-2018-11?utm_content=buffer838e5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-travel&fbclid=IwAR1URNG7rvCfTurIHMLuYIOw2sLqc_3RhDL1iwiplkZweSs0thOdIMTW160

sonicruiser

Re: Airline Ratings names winner for Best Airline

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Exclusively Pacific and ME airlines, sounds about right.

blooc350
Topic Author

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:42 pm

sonicruiser wrote:

Mhmmmm.....no U.S airline at all and probably never will be.

Cunard

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:14 pm

These sort of awards are very one sided and should be taken for what they are but in saying that I am not surprised to see Singapore Airlines at the top of the list.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

dcajet

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:19 pm

Seems to me a bit Australia-centric. And it makes sense as Airlineratings.com is based in Perth.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

PSAatSAN4Ever

Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:42 am

Hmmm...all those Asian carriers and not one Korean carrier? Sounds like someone doesn't like their nuts in a bag instead of a plate either...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

JayBCNLON

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:33 am

Any airline flying 777s with a majority of their seats in 10-abreast configuration does not deserve to be on that list - even if this is the view of the “Business Insider”. Totally biased geographically on top is that.

F100Flyer

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:46 am

JayBCNLON wrote:
Any airline flying 777s with a majority of their seats in 10-abreast configuration does not deserve to be on that list - even if this is the view of the “Business Insider”. Totally biased geographically on top is that.

TK is probably the only airline absent from this list which is outside of this geographical region, unless you're willing to name one.

DGVT

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:10 am

Fantastic report, very good for publicity.

airzona11

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:23 am

blooc350 wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

I am not sure that really means much. In J class, there is not very much differentiation. In Y, half that top 10 list is the "dreaded 10Y on a 777." If modern a/c is a category, there is a massive cycle of fleet renewal. While there might be some opulence to some of the airlines, it is trivial. The difference is even narrower if you look at product flying the same routes. JVs are blurring the lines even more.

On that list, SQ, JL are really the only ones that stand out, distancing from there is NH. NZ/QR/VA/BR/CX/QF/EK, not sure what they have hard or soft product wise that is different that US3. Especially if you compare it to the product US3 is flying on similar routes.

32andBelow

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:46 am

blooc350 wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

At the end of a US airline a flight I’m in the US so they will always be number 1 to be

AirIndia

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:59 am

F100Flyer wrote:
JayBCNLON wrote:

TK is probably the only airline absent from this list which is outside of this geographical region, unless you're willing to name one.

Etihad is missing too.

StudiodeKadent

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:19 am

dcajet wrote:
Seems to me a bit Australia-centric. And it makes sense as Airlineratings.com is based in Perth.

There's also the fact that airline travel is something Australians frequently do, and Australians are relatively used to flights that are very long by international standards. Plus, Australians do have a sense of attachment to "their" airlines.

Veigar

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:21 am

blooc350 wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

The standards in the U.S. are vastly different from these other countries. Take for example, if Qantas was an American airline, it would not have the same rating as it does now.

FA9295

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:43 am

blooc350 wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

A U.S.-based airline in the Top 10? That would all but break time and space! :rotfl:

Swadian

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:52 am

JayBCNLON wrote:

True as usual. How come EY or TK are not on the list, while QF, VA, and NZ are? I'd rather be on HA than on any of those 3. Boot QF, VA, and NZ from the list, and then we're talking!

And JL should be #1 or #2 since only they have 8-abreast on the 787 and 9-abreat on the 777 in Y (excluding 10-abreast 777 Domestics). Not to mention very competitive F, J, and W offerings.

airzona11 wrote:
blooc350 wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

I am not sure that really means much. In J class, there is not very much differentiation. In Y, half that top 10 list is the "dreaded 10Y on a 777." If modern a/c is a category, there is a massive cycle of fleet renewal. While there might be some opulence to some of the airlines, it is trivial. The difference is even narrower if you look at product flying the same routes. JVs are blurring the lines even more.

On that list, SQ, JL are really the only ones that stand out, distancing from there is NH. NZ/QR/VA/BR/CX/QF/EK, not sure what they have hard or soft product wise that is different that US3. Especially if you compare it to the product US3 is flying on similar routes.

I don't mind that there's no US carrier on the list, but a lot of those choices are questionable. SQ and JL deserve to be on the list, but what's so special about EK other than glitz and gold?

StudiodeKadent wrote:
dcajet wrote:

There's also the fact that airline travel is something Australians frequently do, and Australians are relatively used to flights that are very long by international standards. Plus, Australians do have a sense of attachment to "their" airlines.

Something that Americans also do very frequently and something that the Chinese are increasingly doing. The article is a typical example of Australian arrogance - "if that airline is good for Australians, that airline is good for the world"...and people think Americans are arrogant. I've seen a much larger proportion of Americans dissing their own country than Australians do.

FA9295 wrote:
blooc350 wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

A U.S.-based airline in the Top 10? That would all but break time and space! :rotfl:

Honestly, it would not be a stretch to include HA on the list if all those 10-abreast 777s made the same list.