N649DL
Topic Author

Ranking of the UAL Polaris Lounges?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:16 am

I'm not a UAL customer but one thing I will say they knocked out of the park are the launch of the Polaris lounges. Via photo searches alone, I think they all have their pros and cons. LAX is opening this week which looks nice. How would you rank them?

1. EWR: Tons of space, they did a lot to really blow the lid off of the former UA club which was stuck in 2001. Big con are not enough other lounges to keep up with pax volume that can't get in.

2. SFO: Large and Gorgeous facility. I don't see many cons as it has an almost 5 star yelp review.

3. IAH: This one seems really underrated. I was a big fan of the old UA club here that they converted. I think cons are not enough shower space and not enough room in the old club for volume.

4. ORD: The first one, some say this gets really overcrowded quickly and service is starting to get spotty.

5. LAX: Apparently the sneak peaks of the lounge reviews are how great the food and drink and service are but it's definitely the smallest one.

LAXintl

Re: Ranking of the UAL Polaris Lounges?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:48 am

N649DL wrote:

5. LAX: Apparently the sneak peaks of the lounge reviews are how great the food and drink and service are but it's definitely the smallest one.

LAX lounge at ~12,200sq feet is nearly identical in size to IAH.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

SQ789

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 am

There are only 5 Polaris lounges now. I heard that IAD is going to be next will be open in May.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

Cointrin330

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 pm

N649DL wrote:
I'm not a UAL customer but one thing I will say they knocked out of the park are the launch of the Polaris lounges. Via photo searches alone, I think they all have their pros and cons. LAX is opening this week which looks nice. How would you rank them?

1. EWR: Tons of space, they did a lot to really blow the lid off of the former UA club which was stuck in 2001. Big con are not enough other lounges to keep up with pax volume that can't get in.

2. SFO: Large and Gorgeous facility. I don't see many cons as it has an almost 5 star yelp review.

3. IAH: This one seems really underrated. I was a big fan of the old UA club here that they converted. I think cons are not enough shower space and not enough room in the old club for volume.

4. ORD: The first one, some say this gets really overcrowded quickly and service is starting to get spotty.

The LAX lounge really does not need to be very large. UA's international long haul flights from LAX are to LHR, NRT, SYD, MEL, and PVG and no Star Alliance carriers use Terminal 7. Some early reviews of the newly opened LAX lounge point to how beautiful it is and how great the food and amenities are, but there are already some gripes about the customer service, which, while that can be chalked up to familiarization with the space, is also typical of United and US service standards more broadly.

jumbojet

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:32 pm

None other than Sam Chui has a pretty good video comparing the US3 across a bunch of spectrums. The very beginning of the video(which I cant link for some reason) is his live tour of Polaris Lounge, in SFO I believe. Looks pretty damn nice. Light years better than any DL skyteam lounge I've been in. UA really did knock Polaris Lounges out of the park and I am sure to those that use it, it was worth the extra wait.