J343
Topic Author

AA100 JFK-LHR loads

Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:11 am

Recently got back after a few days in NY. Outbound we flew in with AA101 which was a fairly busy flight, a few spaces on middle seats. However, AA100 was almost empty. There were 5 of us in PEY, and when I was walking though Y, almost every passenger had rows to themselves, business was half full. On take off, it was fairly steep which possibly means light cargo load too (correct me if I am wrong).

Is this normal? We flew in 24/01 and out 28/01

Eirules

Re: AA100 JFK-LHR loads

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:28 am

I’d imagine this is mostly due to time of year. Transatlantic travel in January is always weak. I’ve flown AA100 quite a few times and it’s always been full or near full
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

J343
Topic Author

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:55 am

Eirules wrote:
I’d imagine this is mostly due to time of year. Transatlantic travel in January is always weak. I’ve flown AA100 quite a few times and it’s always been full or near full

I suppose that makes sense. I tend to go to NYC at least twice a year, usually January/February and November/December. I really enjoyed AA's inflight product, the downside to flying with AA is their ground staff and FA attitudes. I think AA Product +BA/CX/QF Crew attitude, AA will be an outstanding airline.

Cointrin330

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Never really a sign of performance. I have flown AA 107 a few times (LHR-JFK) on the 777-300ER and it has been a combination of 100% full and at other times a full Business Class cabin and maybe 20 people in Economy.