DutchBoeing
Topic Author

Air France Caribbean / Indian Ocean Business Class

Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi!

Later this year I will be flying AF Business from CDG to MRU. AF used to have a different, I believe, more poor Business Class product on their Caribbean / Indian Ocean flights. On the seat map of the AF B773 I am booked on I can see only 2 rows of C in that horrid 2-3-2 config. Are the seats really those old angled lie-flat ones with small tv-screens or at least the newer version with the fixed foot rest and larger tv-screens? Any chance of the Best cabin being installed on these routes? Are they at least planning to do so or will the Caribbean / Indian Ocean never get the Best cabin? And is the in-flight service (catering) and IFE-content the same as on other AF-flights? I still have time to rebook on another airline, so I hope one of you has some more information on what type of product AF has to MRU. Of course I checked the website, as I know from years ago there was some special section on the site for these flights (something about Alize Class), but can no longer find it. Thanks!

DB

DutchBoeing
Topic Author

Re: Air France Caribbean / Indian Ocean Business Class

Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:40 pm

P.s. I remember Ben Smith recently saying he wants AF to become a premium airline and wants to move to an all lie-flat Business Class. Did he also give a time frame for this?

DutchBoeing
Topic Author

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:14 am

One more Q: in the Dutch press it circulates that he might want to downgrade KLM to a b-airline and have AF be the premium brand. Is that really going to happen? I hope someone can shed some light on these issues... Thnx

FlyRow

Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:09 pm

- AF are in the middle of a refit, hit or miss. I don't believe the old Careib C-class is still a thing.
- No, it's a statement, not a plan
- already a thread about Ben Elbers / KLM vs. AF that is active at the moment. It's not going to happen, Ben Smith already said he didn't want to go that way. Even so, if he does, he might just as well split AF-KLM. KLM would rightly be going beserk after such a plan.

Just a tip: it's not very well liked if you open a thread with three questions, makes in difficult to discuss as you merge three topics in one which doesn't make it easy to follow a future discussion.
F70-F100-RJ85-RJ70-E190-319-320-321-733-734-735-737-738-752-753-763-764-772-744-380

DutchBoeing
Topic Author

Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:58 pm

@FlyRow, thanks. Sorry, but I tried to edit my original post, just couldn't find how to do that. I don't use this forum often...

Alitalia744

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:08 pm

The COI 77W fleet currently has the NEV4 seat which are at slight angles.

The aircraft are due to be reconfigured with a full-flat seat with AF having chosen the Zodiac Optima seat (simple lad to UAs new Polaris seat). Reconfigurations are due to begin in September 2019 and end in 2020. Cabin will remain 14J.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

DutchBoeing
Topic Author

Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:05 pm

Thanks! Is the NEV4 the same seat Joon has on the A340's?

davescj

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 am

Seatguru would seem to suggest you are getting an 'angled' flat seat. The link is here

https://seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Franc ... -300_E.php

I do wonder - would you get 1 FA for the cabin? Or two? It wouldn't be too bad for a day flight. And at least there is a dedicated lav.
Can I have a mojito on this flight?