CityRail
Topic Author

Should airlines ditch AVODs for inflight internet?

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:46 am

Inflight WiFi has become more and more common for airlines and yet at the same time many provide inflight entertainment through iPad or AVOD system.

However I wonder whether AVOD should phase out in favour for inflight WiFi for passengers as the only medium of inflight entertainment?

My reasons for that would be:

1. Lighter - I trust a satellite receiver would be much lighter than installing 200 - 400 Personal TVs + Computers etc on the plane, which would lower the weight of the aircraft for more goods/passengers.
Also airlines can save hundreds of thousands as they will not need to purchase noise cancelling headphones and headphones which could save the environment too.

2. Licencing cost - Airlines cannot play pirated content inflight, therefore they are paying millions of dollars to obtain license to play movies/music/TV on board. This would save money also if WiFi is available to passengers, I think many would prefer to stream videos/TVs/movies on YouTube instead. Airlines or Satellite WiFi providers can enter partnership with YouTube or Netflix to provide inflight movie specials so passengers can watch movies and airlines can generate additional revenue.

3. More content - AVOD can only provide video/audio entertainment, however inflight WiFi enables passengers to interact with others in and out of the plane, enabling business transactions and communications to continue even 40,000 feet above ground. (Of course can logon to here and discuss with you whilst airborne too!)

4. More accurate inflight information - With inflight WiFi, airlines would no longer need to purchase aircraft location software, they just need to purchase license for passengers to access websites such as FR24 and they will be able to see the most up-to-date information of their aircraft.

So what do you think? Should airlines ditch AVODs for inflight internet?

downtown273

Re: Should airlines ditch AVODs for inflight internet?

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:10 pm

CityRail wrote:

As long as VOIP is restricted and USB ports are provided in every seat, I'd be happy with AVODs being ditched.

airbazar

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:18 pm

CityRail wrote:

Absolutely not but I'm an old dude who only uses about 500MB of data per month :)
I much rather use the larger seatback screen than my tiny phone to watch a movie.
By the way licensing also applies to Internet content.
Last edited by airbazar on Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smokeybandit

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:19 pm

I always have my tablet loaded with enough shows/movies to last the flight anyway, and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

jomur

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Aircraft internet would be too slow when you have 400+ pax all streaming at the same time.
Any how it would probably be too expensive for airlines to provide for free and pax wouldn't want to pay for it.

wjcandee

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:35 pm

I don't think it's necessarily a binary choice. Vis. Delta Air Lines.

MIflyer12

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:36 pm

Some airlines say yes (AA), at least on the narrowbody fleet. Some say no - Delta has AVOD at every seat on 662 of 883 mainline planes - and the MD-88s and MD-90s without it are rapidly being retired (even if the 717s aren't). Commercials can pay pay licensing fees.

EChid

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:52 pm

I think you're missing the point about what AVOD accomplishes: It's simply a form of distraction to keep the passenger calmer/less active and aware of their confines. DL's seats are as tight as AAs, but if you've got a movie playing you're less likely to notice. If you're in hour 12 of 15 in a 17" seat, you're less likely to notice. This serves a significant value for carriers. They can make seats smaller, pack planes tighter, and still have a relatively happy crowd. This is why I don't understand AA.

The idea of ditching AVOD is also predicated on a bunch of things, namely that everyone who wants to watch a movie or see where the plane is has a suitable device for doing so. On flights, especially long ones, I like to multitask. If I have to work, a movie goes on and I take out my laptop to work. Otherwise, I don't like have my laptop out at all. My phone is too small for watching things. I don't own a tablet, nor do I want to. In fact, none of the people I know who own a tablet actually use it consistently - and the idea that everyone should have a device they don't really use that much save for flights is completely ridiculous, especially if they have kids.

My job as a consumer is not to worry about whether the airline has lighter planes or doesn't have to pay licencing fees. If given the choice, I will never choose the carrier that tries to offload those costs (device ownership, media, etc.) to the customer. I shouldn't have to pay to distract myself from the product corners they have cut.
Last edited by EChid on Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2018: DRW-PER-HKG-ICN-MEL-AVV-BNE-OOL-SYD-YYZ-YYZ-YUL-YVR-PDX-SEA-SFO-PEK-KIX-CDG-IST-NRT-HND-BKK-FAT; AC J-TK J-OZ F-DL F-TG J/F-NH J/F-CX J-VA J

dredgy

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:53 pm

For long haul flights, I usually prepare my content in advance.

I find IFE (and food for that matter) to be much more important on short haul flights, where it’s not long enough to do anything productive or worth spending time downloading a movie, but is an inconvenience and need something to make it go a little bit faster.

I probably prefer AVOD screens, but I’m fine with bring your own device streaming as well. It will be a while before in flight wifi is good enough for Netflix or YouTube to be a viable primary IFE source.

sabby

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:56 pm

The amount of bandwidth required to cater to even half of the pax is very very high for streaming. A lot of countries still do not allow WiFi over their airspace.

Even if the above could be overcome, have you seen the pricing of the in flight WiFi ? A mere 50MB or 100MB usually costs 20-30$ and that with a below average speed. Unless there's a huge leap in satellite internet technology, licensing a few hundred movies per plane and installing AVOD will still come out way cheaper than letting everyone have unlimited internet on board. Who knows, maybe after 2050 we could be there.

ATLFlyer323

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:57 pm

There will be no right answer on this subject as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But long haul should absolutely keep the AVOD, and I personally always look at booking Delta first for short haul if my aircraft with have AVOD as I prefer to put my phone down for a bit and enjoy the bigger screen and additional content I may not normally have access to. So Delta gets my money more times than not simply because they provide AVOD on most aircraft.
Everyday, the fluffy temptation of wheat!

Socrates17

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:06 pm

Absolutely not. My laptop goes in my bag in the overhead bin and the last thing I want to do is hassle with the damn thing during the flight. I stash it because it's an irritant. The screens on phones are too small to be useful and I have no reason to own a tablet. Seatback IFE is just fine for me, and in any case I spend most of my time on a flight, regardless of length, reading a book. I'm happy to keep a book by my seat, but not my laptop. I'm seriously behind in my reading and appreciate any extra time to catch up: sitting on an airliner, waiting at the doctor's office, waiting to get my car inspected - every spare moment is put to good use reading. I dislike e-reading, btw, so that doesn't give me an excuse for a tablet/Kindle. I pack actual, physical books, and a longish one always comes on board with me.
You Can't Take the Sky from Me

bfitzflyer

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:31 pm

I am in the not group on this one. I like getting on an airplane and not taking out a laptop/phone/tablet. It is almost time away from them. In coach you barely have room as is. Occasionally for work,I might clear some emails on my phone, but prefer to either rest, read or watch a movie on the seat back.

CMH2578

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:35 pm

I don't like when airlines (or passengers) give the excuse that everyone brings a screen with you when you fly. Sure, that is true. But I also don't watch TV on my phone at home, I use my television and multitask on my phone. Ever need to respond to a text while watching something on your phone? You have to exit out of the player, not the best experience.

Also, as stated above, seatback screens service a purpose for an airline. They distract customers and keep them happy. In many cases DL and the same lavs and same seat pitch as AA, but the overall experience is better on DL because the planes are nicer and with large seatback screens.

UpNAWAy

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:38 pm

IFE is also one of the top delay drivers. That need a to be accounted for in the decesion process.

Milka

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:39 pm

I disagree, maybe from an airlines perspective it would be beneficial. But as a frequent flier I love a good IFE and often chose the airline I fly on based on IFE. I might be in the minority but I am definitely not alone in thinking so.

AlexBrewster03

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:40 pm

Absolutely not, at least on widebody planes. If you want to have no AVOD on narrow bodies, then there needs to be power outlets at every seat and free WiFi. I’m just very against having no AVOD because i think it makes the flight experience more enjoyable.

Finn350

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:44 pm

Gogo claims bandwidth of 15 Mbps per passenger when using their technology
https://www.gogoair.com/learning-center ... dth-plane/

The few times I have used in-flight internet (most recently AY HEL-NRT), the speed has been very sluggish, and naturally Youtube, Netflix etc. were blocked. Can somebody explain the discrepancy?

TheEuphorian

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:46 pm

No because I still like my moving map and Google Maps' UI is too tacky to substitute the moving map.

MarkWales

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Inflight entertainment and AVOD has costs and benefits. Any cost is, in the long term, passed on to the consumer in the form of slightly higher fares. I have no idea of the cost but I would guess it was on the order of 1 to 2 US Dollars per passenger per flight. The benefit is a better experience for many (but not all) of the passengers, which would make people slightly more likely to choose that airline again in the future.
Internet access is very expensive so I assume almost all AVOD would be in the form of pre-recorded shows and programs stored onboard.

danj555

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:07 pm

TheEuphorian wrote:
No because I still like my moving map and Google Maps' UI is too tacky to substitute the moving map.

YES 100%. It is so annoying.

On United their map is on a channel among their other inflight channels. And you can't load the channel until you pay for access to the inflight TV.

On American its just as bad. Depending on which place you get, you will only see your flight as a loading bar on gogoinflight. or you may get access to the AA portal where it loads both point A and point B with your precise location in relation to each other, BUT the map below the points doesn't load. So you still have no idea where you are. Only Southwest gets how to do this.

We are talking about "the map" here.
Seriously annoying.

Kindanew

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Services like flight radar are of niche interest and aren’t more accurate than the planes on board mapping software.
I don’t think you can expect the average passenger to even figure out how to use FR24.

DFW17L

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:21 pm

BYOD preferred over IFE...m2c.

flyingphil

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:42 pm

I would be quite happy with just a USB port and free wi-fi for short and medium haul flights.
Just think of all the weight that it would save and also the amount of room it would free up.
If you want to watch a movie just download it to your iPad or tablet before you fly.
Norwegian had free wi-fi and you could watch their content via their app.

Revo1059

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:49 pm

Huh, I figured that (at least in UAs case) they had a media server loaded with movies and I connected to the planes local wifi when I watched a movie on the app. No data use and no in seat monitor.

tonystan

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Fine for airlines that operate predominantly in the First World nations but my carrier for example has extensive networks to less developed parts of the world, places where passengers don’t necessarily have access or wealth to afford personal devices and it’s naive to assume they all have an iPhone!
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

casinterest

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:04 pm

The issue I have, is that for long haul flights, there needs to be a place to put the BYOD that is comfortable. A hanger or Velcro clips maybe. I enjoy using the IFE on long haul and just let my other devices charge.
Where ever you go, there you are.

jeffh747

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Personally, I believe the future of IFE for both short and long haul flights is that tablet system developed by Delta Flight Products, which debuted on the CSeries last month. It’s lightweight, cheaper, and they’re interchangeable, thus significantly reducing weight and maintenance costs. It gives passengers and the airline the best of both worlds it seems. Note that I have still yet to try the product out myself, but the many reviews I’ve read have touted it as being an exceptional system.

I would much rather have AVOD than streaming entertainment. My phone is far too small to watch anything, and if the power outlet or the WiFi fails in hour one of a six hour flight from FLL-SEA, I’m going to be a very bored passenger. I have been on numerous flights where the WiFi was not working (most recently WN from PHL-FLL on a 738). I have yet to (fortunately) be on a flight where the AVOD system was not working. This is why airlines such as DL and B6 will continue to get my money, while airlines like AA and AS will not. Of course they will not lose a second of sleep, missing out on my $180, but I am sure there has to be a few other customers who feel the same way when traveling and if the airfares are all more or less the same on a given route/date.
A318 A319 A320 A320neo A321 A321neo A332 A333 B717 B727 B734 B73G B738 B739 B752 B762 B763 B772 B788 CRJ2 DHC6 DHC8-300 E145 E190 MD82 MD83 MD90 SF340B

nycbjr

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:30 pm

I personally have a iPhone and iPad, Ive taken flights on DL and UA recently, I found both's streaming to device to be great. However it was nice on DL to see the map on the in seat monitor.

Interiors feel more modern with IFE too.. but thats a subjective statement lol

klakzky123

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:25 pm

Once you start traveling with full families, IFE becomes a much bigger deal. If i'm traveling by myself, pulling out an ipad and streaming content to it is no issue. But once I'm traveling with a group, AVOD becomes a bigger selling point. And when it comes to longer flights, AVOD gains value even when traveling alone. Also maybe its just me, but wifi always seems to be flaky. There will inevitably be a point where the stream stalls or has an issue. Maybe I'm just unlucky but I always seem to have at least one of these moments.

Once you start traveling with small children, it becomes more challenging to produce multiple devices for everyone. Then again with DL going out of its way to identify as a premium product (even in Y), it makes sense that they're going all in on AVOD. DL has proven it can safely charge higher fares and get away with it.

ikramerica

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:29 pm

While i see all the benefits some will list fir doing so, for myself and family of 4 with 2 little kids, i say no no no please no.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

smokeybandit

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:47 pm

jomur wrote:
Aircraft internet would be too slow when you have 400+ pax all streaming at the same time.
Any how it would probably be too expensive for airlines to provide for free and pax wouldn't want to pay for it.

You'd never have every passenger streaming at the same time. Or even half

ltbewr

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:01 pm

Use of wi-fi access to internet based programs instead of IFE could cause some issues, both good and bad. Some IFE is not good, especially older systems with small screens, poor sound and limited content. Airline controlled IFE movies and programs may be in censured form as to foul language, nudity, age inappropriate, politically offensive material, trademark conflicts and others. Material via internet wi-fi connections could be hacked and a critical flaw for business users. We also want a break from being able to be accessed or people texting or using Skype the whole flight and other issues.

Perhaps one alternative would be to allow someone to use their tablet or computer as a monitor to an IME system using Bluetooth.

jomur

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:02 pm

smokeybandit wrote:
jomur wrote:

You'd never have every passenger streaming at the same time. Or even half

Oh... I bet you would on long haul flights... but any how they would still have to design and install the system to handle everyone streaming at once though...

tigerotor77w

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:32 pm

I guess I'm in the minority.

Would prefer to have AVOD than have to bring (and for me, buy - I don't own a tablet and I don't find my laptop plane friendly) yet another device of mine.

I do, however, find the monumental shift in opinion here interesting. I can't imagine that when movies moved from bulkhead to setback that 50% were for one and 50% against, but here there is clearly a split in what people would prefer.

AA777223

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:33 pm

Many airlines just use the wifi signal to stream other content, without the need for the satellite internet connection. I know on UA, when you stream content, you're just streaming it off of a server on the aircraft, not media through the broader internet connection. I think this option makes a lot of sense.
A318/19/20/21, A300, A332/3, A343/6, A388, L1011, DC-9, DC-10, MD-11, MD-80, B722, B732/3/4/5/7/8/9, B743/4/4M, B752/3, B762/3/4, B772/E/W, B788/9, F-100, CRJ-200/700/900, ERJ-135/145/175/190, DH-8, ATR-72, DO-328, BAE-146

global2

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:35 pm

CityRail wrote:
Inflight WiFi has become more and more common for airlines and yet at the same time many provide inflight entertainment through iPad or AVOD system.

However I wonder whether AVOD should phase out in favour for inflight WiFi for passengers as the only medium of inflight entertainment?

1. Lighter - I trust a satellite receiver would be much lighter than installing 200 - 400 Personal TVs + Computers etc on the plane, which would lower the weight of the aircraft for more goods/passengers.
Also airlines can save hundreds of thousands as they will not need to purchase noise cancelling headphones and headphones which could save the environment too.

2. Licencing cost - Airlines cannot play pirated content inflight, therefore they are paying millions of dollars to obtain license to play movies/music/TV on board. This would save money also if WiFi is available to passengers, I think many would prefer to stream videos/TVs/movies on YouTube instead. Airlines or Satellite WiFi providers can enter partnership with YouTube or Netflix to provide inflight movie specials so passengers can watch movies and airlines can generate additional revenue.

3. More content - AVOD can only provide video/audio entertainment, however inflight WiFi enables passengers to interact with others in and out of the plane, enabling business transactions and communications to continue even 40,000 feet above ground. (Of course can logon to here and discuss with you whilst airborne too!)

4. More accurate inflight information - With inflight WiFi, airlines would no longer need to purchase aircraft location software, they just need to purchase license for passengers to access websites such as FR24 and they will be able to see the most up-to-date information of their aircraft.

DL has AVOD on most of its mainline fleet, yet they manage to be the most profitable out of the big three.
I don't need the hassle of having to drag my laptop out of my rollaboard and plugging it in (one more wire to get tangled and trip over). And watching a movie on my phone is just not for me. I read comments posted about AA's 737 Max on Seatguru, and I'm apparently not alone here--many commented about the lack of AVOD. It definitely creates a bad impression.

JFKMan

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Ditch the AVOD and give me convenient tablet holders instead of bulky often broken in seat screens. Yes please!
NYC

PSAatSAN4Ever

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 pm

The longer the haul, the more it becomes important.

But if ANYTHING takes away ANY underseat room for any passenger, ditch it. NO EXCUSES! It's no longer 2007, you know...

If you've got a system that doesn't intrude, by all means, go ahead and install it! Want to make it pay-per-view? I'm fine with that! Can I have the option to turn the screen off and be left alone with the latest Harlan Coben novel for the duration of our flight today? Done!

adamblang

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:53 pm

I prefer flights without seatback entertainment.

On redeyes – pet peeve – all those screens glowing (with nobody watching) makes it that much harder to sleep.

On daylight flights – this is a minor quibble – all that blinking and flashing in my peripheral vision is annoying.
146 319 320 321 332 333 343 717 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 789 AR1 AT4 CNA CR2 CR7 DC9 ER3 ERD ER4 E70 E75 E90

Bhoy

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:58 pm

CityRail wrote:

As to these points:

1. Lighter - well, at a push, probably, but bear in mind that larger devices have to be stowed during take off and landing, so if there is turbulence upon takeoff, you may not be able to access stowed devices for a while.

2. Licences - What non-pirated Movies can you access for free on youtube? Some programmes are IP restricted, and who knows how that would end up playing out depending on what Country's Airspace you're currently crossing.

3. Plenty of Airlines offer both AVOD and WiFi - I don't see why your example makes it a case of one OR the other?

4. Accurate Info inflight on FR24? Have you seen those massive gaps in coverage they have when flying TATL or TPAC and you're out of range? I've also seen plenty of flights that only show up on FR24 above a certain altitude - I don't see how that be that accurate.

For what it's worth, I'm currently travelling semi-regularly within the UK - There's no WiFi available on flights, but I will occasionally have something downloaded to my iPhone before going, and watch it inflight. As the Flight time is under an hour, it's perfectly doable, but I wouldn't fancy watching something on a screen that size for much longer. And it's all very well getting the laptop out and watching stuff on that, but - putting it on the tray table leads to a really awkward angle to view it at - you're in a seat you can't move, the screen is up against the seat in front, so can't be angled back, and may therefore cause glare. It's not a comfortable position to be in.
However, sometimes I take 4 hour Train journeys, which do have WiFi. Streaming sites (youtube, Netflix etc) are blocked, but the Train Company has a server onboard where you can stream from for free - but again, that's just stuff they're licenced to show, so I don't see that saves any money on content acquisition costs, realistically. And again, unless you're at a proper table, using the seat back traytables to put a laptop on are a major PITA.

Basically, I prefer to have AVOD, but will look to have a few TV Programmes downloaded to my Phone and ready to watch, if for any reason the IFE fails (which I have experienced TATL, and sucks).

InnsbruckFlyer

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Definitely not on widebodies, but I could see it working on narrowbodies. I'm personally a big fan of United Private Screening. It's practical, full of content, and free. Give me an aircraft with United Private Screening over a 737 with DirecTV anyday.
--
2019: A3 2x A320 | CL E195 | FB A319, E190 | LH A320, A321, A346, A359 | OS A320, B772, 3x DH8Q | UA A319

AEROFAN

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:34 pm

EChid wrote:
I think you're missing the point about what AVOD accomplishes: It's simply a form of distraction to keep the passenger calmer/less active and aware of their confines. DL's seats are as tight as AAs, but if you've got a movie playing you're less likely to notice. If you're in hour 12 of 15 in a 17" seat, you're less likely to notice. This serves a significant value for carriers. They can make seats smaller, pack planes tighter, and still have a relatively happy crowd. This is why I don't understand AA.

The idea of ditching AVOD is also predicated on a bunch of things, namely that everyone who wants to watch a movie or see where the plane is has a suitable device for doing so. On flights, especially long ones, I like to multitask. If I have to work, a movie goes on and I take out my laptop to work. Otherwise, I don't like have my laptop out at all. My phone is too small for watching things. I don't own a tablet, nor do I want to. In fact, none of the people I know who own a tablet actually use it consistently - and the idea that everyone should have a device they don't really use that much save for flights is completely ridiculous, especially if they have kids.

My job as a consumer is not to worry about whether the airline has lighter planes or doesn't have to pay licencing fees. If given the choice, I will never choose the carrier that tries to offload those costs (device ownership, media, etc.) to the customer. I shouldn't have to pay to distract myself from the product corners they have cut.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :thumbsup:

AEROFAN

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:51 pm

What's next to eliminate? How about bring your own seat or your own bottle to pee in?

rbavfan

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:34 pm

CityRail wrote:

No as not everyone has devices they bring. So a choice of both is better. Look at jetBlue has AVOD and also WiFi terminal to seat. And how will not having noise canceling headphones save the environment?

Kilopond

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 pm

Satellite based internet is a nightmare right now if you look at what the usual providers like Inmarsat can offer: bandwidths of just a few hundreds of Mbit/s and latencies of serveral hundreds (!) of milliseconds. The reason for the latter problem is simply the distance: today‘s communication satallites cruise at a too high orbit.

But right now the companies OneWeb and Airbus are trying to solve the severe problem by launching some 900 low orbit internet satellites.

https://www.dw.com/en/oneweb-of-900-int ... a-47690785

(Search enginges would provide many more links in many languages).

Yflyer

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:25 pm

casinterest wrote:
The issue I have, is that for long haul flights, there needs to be a place to put the BYOD that is comfortable. A hanger or Velcro clips maybe. I enjoy using the IFE on long haul and just let my other devices charge.

United has something like that on their domestic 777s -- it's a spring loaded clamp that will hold a smartphone or tablet to the back of the seat in the same place a seatback screen would be. The experience probably varies depending on what sort of device you have, but it worked horribly with my iPhone 6. The clamp would end up pressing on the phone's power button, constantly making it try to power off. If I turned the phone around 180 degrees it just ended up pressing the volume button instead, muting the audio. I ended up having to improvise a little shim out of a folded up piece of paper to prevent the mounting clamp from pressing any of the phone's buttons.

StormRider

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:26 pm

danj555 wrote:
On American its just as bad. Depending on which place you get, you will only see your flight as a loading bar on gogoinflight. or you may get access to the AA portal where it loads both point A and point B with your precise location in relation to each other, BUT the map below the points doesn't load. So you still have no idea where you are. Only Southwest gets how to do this.

....Seriously annoying.

One of my pet peeves in the last few weeks is this AA "feature"

TheFlyingDisk

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:32 pm

Not if the cost is going to be exorbitant. If they can't provide WiFi for free then I rather have the AVOD.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

max999

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:27 am

wjcandee wrote:
I don't think it's necessarily a binary choice. Vis. Delta Air Lines.

I agree that it's not a choice between AVOD or WIFI entertainment. There's a third choice: having both AVOD and WIFI!

The thread opener is using a leading question and the premise is narrow minded.
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.