Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dfwjim1
Topic Author

AA inflight service, Oakland to Dallas/Fort Worth

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:40 pm

Not the biggest issue going on but I wanted to throw this out there. Last Saturday I flew on AA fight #890 from OAK to DFW on a A320. I was sitting in economy and it took about an hour into the flight before the FAs started food and beverage service in the economy section. I fly AA 6 to 12 times a year and it has never taken this long for inflight service to begin so I am curious if anyone has any insights as to why the service was slow.

A couple of notes...the weather was okay on departure, climb out and cruise with very few bumps and the economy section was not sold out. I am not upset with AA by the way just curious as why the inflight service took longer to begin then usual.

StormRider

Re: AA inflight service, Oakland to Dallas/Fort Worth

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:07 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
Not the biggest issue going on but I wanted to throw this out there. Last Saturday I flew on AA fight #890 from OAK to DFW on a A320. I was sitting in economy and it took about an hour into the flight before the FAs started food and beverage service in the economy section. I fly AA 6 to 12 times a year and it has never taken this long for inflight service to begin so I am curious if anyone has any insights as to why the service was slow.

No insights here but observations as such but in my recent AA experiences(10+ this year on the same route), on-board service has been slow to start and obviously much much slower to reach the back of the plane (row 25 or so on A321) .Also they have a tendency to forget what you asked for (happened quite a few times to just be one off case) or constantly run out of hot water especially and have to go back and get it (of course that takes ages). Not a huge deal but minor irritant nevertheless.

PI4EVER

Re: AA inflight service, Oakland to Dallas/Fort Worth

Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:12 am

You'll have a Buy-On-Board menu choice for sandwiches or fruit and cheese plate and likely Biscoff cookies and possibly pretzels. You can pre-order a BOB meal within 30 days of flight. Go to AA.com and use the "Manage Trip" link to order and you pay on board when served.
I've not experienced any unusual late start of services in the last 5 flights so far this year. Service begins at the front of the cabin and if sufficient crew are staffed by aircraft, the extra F/A serves the back row forward.
I have observed F/A's assisting the first class attendant but only after main cabin service is completed. By that point first class is getting fresh baked cookies after meal service and an extra hand helps the one F/A in F that works their butt off to get service delivered and cabin prepped for landing.
watch what you want. you may get it.