C010T3
Topic Author

Brazil drops visa requirements of nationals of US, CA, JP and AU, air traffic expected to grow

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:38 pm

The Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro has issued a decree unilaterally dropping the visa requirements of nationals of the USA, Canada, Japan and Australia effective June 17, 2019. Especially the air traffic between North America and Brazil is expected to profit from this measure.

Source (Portuguese): https://epocanegocios.globo.com/Brasil/ ... anada.html
Last edited by C010T3 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Varsity1

Re: Brazil drops visa requirements of nationals of US, CA, JP and AU, air traffic expected to grow

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:38 pm

When is it effective?
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

RDUDDJI

Re: Brazil drops visa requirements of nationals of US, CA, JP and AU, air traffic expected to grow

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:47 pm

That is great news!
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

emuwarveteran

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 pm

Maybe we will see JL or NH in Brazil now? Tons of people of Japanese descent in Brazil and Japan invests a lot in there
CL CRJ9, W6 A320

AF086

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
When is it effective?

Apparently immediately.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-b ... KKCN1QZ2C9
Please insert a "smart" joke here.

ual763

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 pm

This is actually wonderful news!
From flying to the NOTAM office

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:12 pm

ual763 wrote:

You obviously haven’t been jerked around by Brazilian bureaucrats as I have. Place can be a inighmare in a private jet. Then, you get to be victim of various muggings or worse as my boss, two other pilots and a flight attendant were.

GF

luckyone

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:13 pm

emuwarveteran wrote:
Maybe we will see JL or NH in Brazil now? Tons of people of Japanese descent in Brazil and Japan invests a lot in there
The Brazilian Visa process isn’t particularly onerous. The most annoying part was trying to get your picture sized appropriately to be accepted by the eVisa system. It is issued by mail in usually a week (or at least mine was). All that to say that a visa wasn’t an empire meant to anyone going to Brazil.

JonNYC

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:21 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
ual763 wrote:

You obviously haven’t been jerked around by Brazilian bureaucrats as I have. Place can be a inighmare in a private jet. Then, you get to be victim of various muggings or worse as my boss, two other pilots and a flight attendant were.

GF

For you, Florida might be good.

lydh

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Meh, not sure I want to go to Brazil during the Bolsonaro era.

ojjunior

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:34 pm

lydh wrote:
Meh, not sure I want to go to Brazil during the Bolsonaro era.

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

You guys are warmly welcome in Argentina.

MatheusLPV

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 pm

GF[/quote]

You guys are warmly welcome in Argentina.[/quote]

Best comment ever :lol: :lol: :lol:

janders

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 pm

Brazil e-visa since its introduction and 75 percent price reduction made it pretty painless for U.S citizens.
Dont see this change as much of a driver of demand.
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

ojjunior

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:02 am

AF086 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
When is it effective?

Apparently immediately.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-b ... KKCN1QZ2C9

Sorry but no.
Effective Jun 17th only.

Official Govt release here:
https://presrepublica.jusbrasil.com.br/legislacao/686966401/decreto-9731-16-marco-2019

zakuivcustom

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:10 pm

emuwarveteran wrote:

No. The problem with making Japan-Brazil flight profitable has nothing to do with Brazilean visa, but rather, the country in the path of the shortest route (cough...good 'ol US of A) being stupid with their transit visa requirement. Plus with extensive codeshare (especially for JL), there's not much point of JL/NH going back to Brazil on their own metal when it's easier to just send traffic to AA/JJ/LA/BA (for JL) or LH/UA (for NH).
Free Hong Kong! Free China!

SCQ83

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:15 am

janders wrote:
Brazil e-visa since its introduction and 75 percent price reduction made it pretty painless for U.S citizens.
Dont see this change as much of a driver of demand.

I don't think this will change anything.

EU nationals don't need a visa for Brazil and European tourism to Brazil is minimal. Americans travel even less abroad so I can't see why they would flock all of a sudden to Brazil. Brazil is an expensive and dangerous country and certainly is not well suited for international tourists.