330lover
Topic Author

SN flightnumber, EW flight, OK aircraft...

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:48 pm

Just came across this flight:
https://www.flightradar24.com/BEL15X/2008048c

Brussels Airlines flight BUD-BRU.
According to FR24, it's a Eurowings flight.
And it is operated by Czech Airlines...

And there are a couple of other flight operated by OK on behalf of SN (operated by OK-MEL/NEN/NEO/NEP up to now)

Is SN really that short of aircraft that they have to count on OK to operate some flights (mainly between BRU and PRG/BUD/TLS)?

Thanks for any info.
Britten Norman Islander VP-FBR on Falkland Islands. THAT'S FLYING!

A321Lufthansa

Re: SN flightnumber, EW flight, OK aircraft...

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:52 pm

I think that's because these OK aircrafts are officially leased to EW.
Last flown aircrafts: A320 OE-LBL < A320 OE-LBU < A319 OE-LDE < A320 OE-LBZ < A320 D-AIPL < A319 D-AIBA < E190 HB-JVL < A320 HB-IJR < A321 VP-BKQ < A321 VP-BAV < A320 HB-JLP < BCS3 HB-JCB < A319 D-AILF < A320 D-AIPM

MO11

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:54 pm

It's Brussels Airlines (SN) operated by OK. No Eurowings.

330lover
Topic Author

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:10 pm

A321Lufthansa wrote:
I think that's because these OK aircrafts are officially leased to EW.

Thanks for this info, was not aware of that (until now ;) )

330lover
Topic Author

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:15 pm

MO11 wrote:
It's Brussels Airlines (SN) operated by OK. No Eurowings.

Thanks. I know it's SN, that why I got confused when FR24 tells me it's EW (as you can see in the link I provided).
Must be because, like A321Lufthansa said:
1. These OK aircraft are leased to EW and
2. EW operates some flights on behalf of SN

Aisak

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:52 pm

These kind of thing makes me wonder how FF schemes deal with it.

So it’s SN coded flight but subcontracted to EW, a Miles & More partner. do you get miles from the SN table or the EW one? Do you have access to lounge if you have status?

And what happens to Star Alliance partners since EW is not part of the alliance? I.e. Tap Victoria or SAS Eurobonus Gold members...

And to make it more simple.... since the flight operator (aircraft, crew...) is from OK Czech Airlines.... what happens then?

SRQKEF

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:03 pm

Aisak wrote:

So it’s SN coded flight but subcontracted to EW, a Miles & More partner. do you get miles from the SN table or the EW one? Do you have access to lounge if you have status?

And what happens to Star Alliance partners since EW is not part of the alliance? I.e. Tap Victoria or SAS Eurobonus Gold members...

And to make it more simple.... since the flight operator (aircraft, crew...) is from OK Czech Airlines.... what happens then?

You’re overthinking this. Since SN is the marketing airline, the mileage works like any other SN flight. It’s no different to Delta/Delta Connection, KLM/KLM Cityhopper, United/United Express etc etc.
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!

A321Lufthansa

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:04 pm

Aisak wrote:

All the privileges of SN flights - it was just an SN flight operated by EW A319 which is leased from OK (https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/eurowings)
Last flown aircrafts: A320 OE-LBL < A320 OE-LBU < A319 OE-LDE < A320 OE-LBZ < A320 D-AIPL < A319 D-AIBA < E190 HB-JVL < A320 HB-IJR < A321 VP-BKQ < A321 VP-BAV < A320 HB-JLP < BCS3 HB-JCB < A319 D-AILF < A320 D-AIPM

MO11

Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:48 pm

No...The Eurowings charter of the aircraft ended at the end of March, now it has moved on to something else. FR24 hasn't caught up.

zkojq

Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm

OK is operating a few services between Stuttgart and Nice for Eurowings over the next months.
First to fly the 787-9

VSMUT

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:07 am

Aisak wrote:

You get the mileage according to the airline who sold you the ticket. Or at least that's what normally happens. Onboard service might be worse tho...

Judge1310

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:04 am

I've had a similar flight, HAM-ZRH with a Eurowings a/c and Czech Airlines crew/safety information cards. It's not too uncommon a thing...

sf260

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:33 am

SN has wet leased 1 A319 from OK to cover the summer season, this is for extra capacity. From what I’ve heard, this is mainly due to flight crew training issues (not enough SN capacity).

It has not much to do with Eurowings, apart from the fact the SN is part of the “Eurowings Group” and that the EWG Board has approved this wet lease.

FF miles are normally awarded by the airline that operated the flight, if the flight has an SN flight number, the miles will be awarded by SN. If for some reason SN has rebooked you on a KL flight (it happens), KL will give you (their) FF miles. It’s not always convenient for the passenger.
FF Miles from Star Alliance airlines can be transferred to the (*A) FF account of your convenience.

aerorobnz

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:22 am

I'm booked on OK BRU-TLS in September. I'm quite looking forward to a new carrier.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

debonair

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:51 am

In other news, SN Brussels is leasing in D-ASTX - an A319 of Germanwings.