UAUA
Topic Author

Is the Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles good?

Mon May 06, 2019 12:18 pm

How is this hotel? Is it good?

Used to be top top. Still?
My former profile name was United Airline.

IPFreely

Re: Is the Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles good?

Tue May 07, 2019 2:43 am

It's historic but I've never been there. I have trouble believing it's better than the Beverly Hills Hotel.

aklrno

Wed May 08, 2019 7:24 am

If you have business in downtown LA it's about 30 minutes of heavy traffic better than the Beverly Hills Hotel. I'd just take a look at some Tripadvisor reviews. If you don't like that one there are several others within a few blocks.

Dining tip: To see a bit of LA history try eating at the Original Pantry at 9th and Figueroa. Food is plain, but the place is a bit of 1930's LA. They do have some good steaks. Not a place for vegans.

UALFAson

Wed May 08, 2019 3:33 pm

The thing about L.A. is you really should try to stay wherever you need/want to be for work or pleasure. With traffic, it is time consuming and expensive to get around.

I have not been in a room there in several years, but the Millennium Biltmore public areas are still elegant and the lobby continues to be used in TONS of movies and TV shows. It recently showed up in Taylor Swift's music video for "Delicate."

If you're looking to stay downtown, L.A. Live is the big new(-ish) complex there with a Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott, among other hotels, though that is a bit crazier an area than where the Millennium Biltmore is.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

jetwet1

Wed May 08, 2019 9:17 pm

I agree with UALFAson, stay where you need to be.

With that said, The Biltmore is okay, the lobby is fantastic, the rooms, well dated is a nice way of putting it.

I tend to stay just up the road at the Omni, that is a very nice hotel and not much more money than the Biltmore.

Airstud

Thu May 09, 2019 12:32 am

The downtown L.A. hotel of record will always be the Bonaventure.

I know that doesn't really answer the OP's question but it is a statement of incontrovertible fact.

(You heard me.)
Pancakes are delicious.

blink182

Thu May 09, 2019 2:03 am

I think the Biltmore was set to get some sort of renovation if I’m not mistaken. Could be wrong. Nevertheless the lobby is iconic historic LA, and it’s a fascinating hotel to stroll through. Rooms themselves are fine: not the latest and greatest but they’re certainly not dated. Biltmore also does a great breakfast.

Other, trendier spots within a few blocks are the Hotel Figueroa(recently renovated) Intercontinental, JW Marriott, Ritz, and Courtyard+Residence Inn at LA Live, and Sheraton Grand. Hilton Checkers is literally right across the street from the Biltmore, so that’s an option too. Downtown LA has evolved into a hot hotel market the past few years so everyone is seriously upping their game. Point being that there are many solid options, but Biltmore isn’t bad and I’ve found it reasonably priced.
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...