Page 1 of 1

The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:28 pm
by UAUA
I like the one at Circus Circus as well as New York New York.

Any other suggestions?

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:40 pm
by anrec80
You should try some of Brazilian buffet steakhouses. Those are amazing!

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:07 pm
by scbriml
anrec80 wrote:
You should try some of Brazilian buffet steakhouses. Those are amazing!


Fogo de Chao

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:20 pm
by UAUA
Thanks

I am looking for some traditional US steakhouses

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:53 pm
by zakuivcustom
scbriml wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
You should try some of Brazilian buffet steakhouses. Those are amazing!


Fogo de Chao


I have to respectfully disagree with this.

Not b/c Fogo de Chao are that bad, but more like you don't have to go all the way to Vegas to eat in one.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:21 pm
by hashtagconfused
most any of the steakhouses will be on par with each other. i recommend looking at a few menus to make sure they have the cut you want and then see which location has the sides/appetizers/salad you will want to try. if you are looking for some good prime rib at a great price and in less of a formal setting, try ellis island just off the strip.

and i'll second the opinion of avoiding a chain or place you can try in other cities; go for a place unique to las vegas

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:52 pm
by Magog
The biggest factor for me is whether they wet age or dry age the steak. Dry aging is superior.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:52 pm
by NIKV69
I have been disappointed in the steak in LAS lately. My go to place was S&W but it closed a while ago and now I just don't bother. I try CUT by Puck and it was real good but best in the USA is in Texas. Hands down.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:36 pm
by scbriml
zakuivcustom wrote:
I have to respectfully disagree with this.

Not b/c Fogo de Chao are that bad, but more like you don't have to go all the way to Vegas to eat in one.


Depends where you're starting from, but the question was specifically about Las Vegas!

My nearest ones are Dubai and New York. :wink2:

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:08 am
by phatfarmlines
Golden Steer Steakhouse. If you're looking for something that is a reflection of "old school" Las Vegas.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:16 am
by GalaxyFlyer
zakuivcustom wrote:
scbriml wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
You should try some of Brazilian buffet steakhouses. Those are amazing!


Fogo de Chao


I have to respectfully disagree with this.

Not b/c Fogo de Chao are that bad, but more like you don't have to go all the way to Vegas to eat in one.


No, you just have go to São Paulo for the real thing. Which is amazing, but there are other options there, too.

GF

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:13 pm
by aklrno
Try Del Frisco. It’s not on the strip or in a hotel. Lots of wealthy locals go there. It’s more or less behind the Venetian in an office park.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:29 pm
by LittleFokker
Hugo's Cellar in the Four Queens. Lots of history and still delivers.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:22 pm
by PI4EVER
Fleming's Steakhouse and Wine Bar. 2 locations in Vegas. Review menu on website. Classy service and awesome food and drink.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:19 pm
by sk601
Old Homestead @ Caesars Palace

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:29 am
by portcolumbus
Delmonico was pretty good and Vic & Anthony's.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:50 pm
by jetwet1
Fleming's, Circus Circus, Golden Steer, Del Frisco's, all excellent steaks.

The steak house at Bally's actually amazed me, I wasn't expecting much given the price (50% of the above) but it was an excellent meal.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:06 pm
by dredgy
Gordon Ramsay Steak in Paris.
Is overpriced because of the name (not a michelin experience), but is seriously good steak.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:49 pm
by JAGflyer
Charlie Palmer in the Four Seasons is my pick.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 pm
by UAUA
Any real charcoal grill?

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:13 pm
by asuflyer05
I had a great meal at Craftsteak (MGM Grand) last time I was in Vegas. I've also heard good things about Bazaar Meat (SLS) and SW Steakhouse (Wynn). There are SO many great options that are exclusive to Las Vegas I don't think there is any reason to try a chain like Fogo de Chao, The Palm, etc.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:09 pm
by anrec80
dredgy wrote:
Gordon Ramsay Steak in Paris.
Is overpriced because of the name (not a michelin experience), but is seriously good steak.


Of course it’s overpriced because it’s in Paris. Is there anything in Paris that is not overpriced?

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:34 pm
by jetwet1
anrec80 wrote:
dredgy wrote:
Gordon Ramsay Steak in Paris.
Is overpriced because of the name (not a michelin experience), but is seriously good steak.


Of course it’s overpriced because it’s in Paris. Is there anything in Paris that is not overpriced?


He means the Paris Hotel, not city, but your point is still valid.

Actually, there are lots of great places to eat in the city that are not over priced.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:07 pm
by classicjets
I like CUT by Wolfgang Puck in the Venetian, though that is also not a Las Vegas original.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:03 am
by anrec80
jetwet1 wrote:

He means the Paris Hotel, not city, but your point is still valid.


Yeah, sorry. Did not realize there is such hotel in LAS right away.

Re: The best steakhouse at Las Vegas, USA?

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:20 pm
by blueflyer
I second Charlie Palmer's.

Although for a twist, consider Eataly at Park MGM. Not the most traditional steakhouse experience, but you get to choose your piece of meat...