Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
SunsetLimited
Topic Author
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 2:56 am

Has anyone flown with these guys before? They’ll be operating one of my upcoming flights out of BCN up to OSL. I see the 767 fleet is in a 2x4x2 configuration. It looks like some of the aircraft have a newer interior featuring PTVs and a modern premium cabin, but are any still operated in the old non-updated interior?
Spread hope like fire.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2851
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 3:02 am

Uhh something like this I think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ztV4Rk57U

2-4-2 on a 767 is very tight...
 
santos
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:46 pm

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 3:51 am

Their website is pretty good actually!
They show a seat map and pictures of every single aircraft on their fleet.
https://www.euroatlantic.pt/frota/
 
LY777
Posts: 2577
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:58 pm

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 4:41 am

Is is weird that their 767s are 2-4-2 while their 777s are 3-3-3!
Flown:717,727,732,733,734,735,738,73H,742/744/748,752,753,762/2ER/763/3ER,772/77E/773/77W, 788, 789, DC8,DC10,E190,E195,MD83,MD88, L1011, A3B2,A319,A320-100/200,A321,A332/A333,A343,A388
 
User avatar
MoKa777
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 am

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 4:49 am

LY777 wrote:
Is is weird that their 767s are 2-4-2 while their 777s are 3-3-3!


LOL! That is crazy weird!
Never be proud. Always be grateful.
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3584
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 4:49 am

Ishrion wrote:
Uhh something like this I think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ztV4Rk57U

2-4-2 on a 767 is very tight...


YU will reconfigure the plane based on airline desires. The 2-4-2 is likely in a high-density configuration (which is why they only fly 8-door B763s).
 
asuflyer
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 5:42 am

All 767 aircraft have been retrofitted with the new interiors with PTVs. It’s surprisingly decent for a charter type product.
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2988
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 5:53 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Uhh something like this I think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ztV4Rk57U

2-4-2 on a 767 is very tight...


YU will reconfigure the plane based on airline desires. The 2-4-2 is likely in a high-density configuration (which is why they only fly 8-door B763s).


I don’t know about that, it’d be very time consuming to switch back and forth between 7 and 8 abreast.
 
by738
Posts: 3107
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 7:59 am

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 6:04 am

no worse than the TOM/TUI 763's
 
debonair
Posts: 3837
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 8:37 am

asuflyer wrote:
All 767 aircraft have been retrofitted with the new interiors with PTVs.


Do you have a source?! CS-TST/TSU/TSV are still 2-3-2 equipped with the old interior - CS-TSU has NO IFE/PTV whatsoever; TST/TSV IFE but no PTV:

https://www.euroatlantic.pt/wp-content/ ... su_tsv.pdf

And this -TSU is leased to DY:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/cs-tsu
 
User avatar
AirAfreak
Posts: 996
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:20 am

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 9:12 am

I would be displeased with a 2-4-2 situation onboard a EuroAtlantic 767 waiting to receive me at the gate because I’m not Kate Moss thin. During the flight, obviously, EuroAtlantic better not charge me for alcohol because I think I would be thoroughly-agitated in that situation. I would never fly Norwegian in the first place, however, BRITISH AIRWAYS have been known to charter EuroAtlantic. As long as the plane carries me from A to B safely and on-time, I would certainly be grateful for that. I doubt this will ever happen to me thanks to the beauty of A.net ~ we are a group of informed individuals whom freely-share our negative feelings so that we know better than to purchase an airline ticket without researching the equipment swaps, wet-leases, drama, ATC strikes, etc...
Korean Air | Excellence in Flight.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 3225
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 11:44 am

You do know that British Airways will charge you for alcohol (well actually anything) while offering less seat pitch right ?
 
PlymSpotter
Posts: 10729
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:32 am

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 11:45 am

Interesting thread - I'm also flying these guys (AGP-OSL) in a couple of weeks, specifically because I thought it would be cool to fly with Euroatlantic.

Had no idea there will be PTVs onboard, that's good.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...
 
airbazar
Posts: 10164
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 12:53 pm

AirAfreak wrote:
I would be displeased with a 2-4-2 situation onboard a EuroAtlantic 767 waiting to receive me at the gate because I’m not Kate Moss thin.

It's a charter. If you're booking a charter you know exactly what you're getting (or should know). At 2-4-2 the seats are 17" wide which is narrow but not nearly as narrow as a 9-abreast A330.
https://seatguru.com/airlines/Thomas_Co ... ng_767.php
https://seatguru.com/airlines/AirAsia_X ... 30-300.php
 
User avatar
AirAfreak
Posts: 996
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:20 am

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 1:40 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
You do know that British Airways will charge you for alcohol (well actually anything) while offering less seat pitch right ?


Overall, the trend among the a.net community rates BA unfavorably. The noted decline in passenger service prepares me to pay for my ‘Bloody Awful’ beverage onboard any BA flight between London and Continental Europe as a EuroTraveler passenger.

I haven’t flown BA since the 1990’s; have little reason to fly them now.
Korean Air | Excellence in Flight.
 
User avatar
AirAfreak
Posts: 996
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:20 am

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 2:09 pm

airbazar wrote:
AirAfreak wrote:
I would be displeased with a 2-4-2 situation onboard a EuroAtlantic 767 waiting to receive me at the gate because I’m not Kate Moss thin.

It's a charter. If you're booking a charter you know exactly what you're getting (or should know). At 2-4-2 the seats are 17" wide which is narrow but not nearly as narrow as a 9-abreast A330.
https://seatguru.com/airlines/Thomas_Co ... ng_767.php
https://seatguru.com/airlines/AirAsia_X ... 30-300.php


I would never book a charter flight based on those dreadful seating configurations. I would hate to be one of those passengers expecting Norwegian or British Airways to arrive at their departure gate; only to see EuroAtlantic instead.

Why do these things seem to happen a lot in Europe? In nearly 40 years of personal travel to/within Asia and the U.S.A., I’ve never experienced or read about these charter airplane swaps as much as I read about them happening in Europe.

I expect a higher number of “legacy” to “charter” airline equipment swaps here in the U.S.A. versus Europe. Everybody knows we are a country known for poor grooming standards, bad airline food, “nickel+dime” the passenger for anything beyond a seat, the decline in passenger service, law enforcement agents disguised as flight attendants using 9/11 as an excuse to offload passengers, etc.,
Korean Air | Excellence in Flight.
 
debonair
Posts: 3837
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 10:16 pm

PlymSpotter wrote:
Had no idea there will be PTVs onboard, that's good.


Read my post and visit their homepage - "NO IFE"! If there isn't any IFE, how can be there PTV's?
 
airbazar
Posts: 10164
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 pm

AirAfreak wrote:
Why do these things seem to happen a lot in Europe? In nearly 40 years of personal travel to/within Asia and the U.S.A., I’ve never experienced or read about these charter airplane swaps as much as I read about them happening in Europe.

I expect a higher number of “legacy” to “charter” airline equipment swaps here in the U.S.A. versus Europe. Everybody knows we are a country known for poor grooming standards, bad airline food, “nickel+dime” the passenger for anything beyond a seat, the decline in passenger service, law enforcement agents disguised as flight attendants using 9/11 as an excuse to offload passengers, etc.,


Part of the reason in the U.S. is that there is absolutely no customer protection. If the airline has to cancel or delay a flight for whatever reason they don't own you anything. Sure, you'll never get a crappy chartered configured plane but if anything happens you will lose a day or two of your vacation and if you're away from home you have to pay for it yourself or sleep on the terminal floor.
https://www.transportation.gov/individu ... cellations
"In the United States, airlines are not required to compensate passengers when flights are delayed or cancelled."
This is why there is such a demand for this type of sub in Europe. It's cheaper than having to compensate all the passenger. In a lot of cases the compensation is higher than the price of the ticket.
https://www.refund.me/flight-cancellation/
 
PlymSpotter
Posts: 10729
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:32 am

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Mon May 27, 2019 7:43 pm

debonair wrote:
PlymSpotter wrote:
Had no idea there will be PTVs onboard, that's good.


Read my post and visit their homepage - "NO IFE"! If there isn't any IFE, how can be there PTV's?


Slow down, you are jumping to conclusions.

What you seem not to realise is that DY are currently operating CS-TSU and CS-TKT. CS-TSU currently operates in a Y267 2-3-2 configuration, whilst CS-TKT operates in a Y302 2-4-2 configuration. I searched for images before making my post, which showed CS-TKT's cabin on EuroAtlantic's website, clearly featuring the 2-4-2 configuration and seatback PTVs:

Image

When booking, the seatmap displayed a 2-4-2 B767-300, meaning it must be planned that CS-TKT is scheduled to operate my flight, with PTVs. Who knows if there is entertainment, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a moving map.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...
 
CO764
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Mon May 27, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi all!

Last Friday, I flew on EuroAtlantic's CS-TSU on DY's OSL-CDG route. I really enjoyed the flight for the sheer novelty of flying a 767 on such a short route, but it was not a particularly comfortable ride; the legroom was absolutely abysmal. Granted, I am quite tall, but never before have I literally not had room for my legs (and I've flown Vueling and Spirit quite comfortably!). I found the flight somewhat bearable because the aisle seat next to mine was miraculously empty (despite a very high load factor) so I could position my legs sideways. Anyway, if you plan on traveling on EuroAtlantic's 767 for Norwegian, I strongly suggest you invest in an exit row/extra legroom seat!

Apart from the atrocious legroom, the flight was perfectly fine, and the seat padding was quite good. The seats were clearly quite old, and they were likely inherited from one of EuroAtlantic's older ships when CS-TSU joined the fleet last year. There are PTV's at every seat, but they're inoperative. I have some pictures of CS-TSU's cabin, which I'd be willing to upload & post if anyone's interested.

Finally, the cabin crew on my flight were fantastic! They were a mix of DY and YU personnel, and were exceptionally cheerful and proactive. I was very impressed!

PlymSpotter wrote:
What you seem not to realise is that DY are currently operating CS-TSU and CS-TKT.


Actually, DY is only operating CS-TSU. CS-TKT hasn't flown since March.
 
debonair
Posts: 3837
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: EuroAtlantic 767 interiors

Mon May 27, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi PlymSpotter,

You are right, -TKT is full refurbished. But according to different sources, like euroatlantic homepage, 3 a/c TST/V are not yet refurbished. -TSU one of them. Even YU is pointing out, that no IFE will be offered. But nice to know that PTVs are installed. I didn't mean at as offence.

CO764
Was -TSU still in 2-3-2 configueration as it is not yet refurbished? Would be nice to see the pictures.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos