blacksoviet
Topic Author
Posts: 1208
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 3:37 am

What is the world's longest A319 route?
 
Ishrion
Posts: 1029
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 3:42 am

Old route: viewtopic.php?t=421883
Lufthansa A319 Privitair DUS-ORD

Longest flight, up until February 2019 of this year, seems to be Avianca BOG-MVD.
 
steveinbc
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 3:45 am

Air Canada used to operate a Vancouver to Miami which is 2802 miles. They also used to operate Halifax to London Heathrow which is 2857 miles.
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3279
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 4:11 am

I flew SFO-DTW on UA. It was a really long flight.
We don’t care what your next flight is.
 
VSMUT
Posts: 2893
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 4:32 am

Qatar uses it on the Doha-Yangon route. Due to airspace closures over Pakistan, Oman and the UAE, it is somewhat longer at the moment, about 2600 nm.
 
User avatar
SierraPacific
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 4:38 am

Does the A319 ACJ count? if so It can go 6000NM or in practical terms New York to Doha.
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 4:51 am

compensateme wrote:
I flew SFO-DTW on UA. It was a really long flight.


That’s the winner. That’s the longest A319 flight.

How does AA BOG-DFW rank? AA uses an A319 SEA-MIA sometimes too.
 
rjmf22
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 4:59 am

UA used to fly Washington Dulles-Vancouver on the a319.
United Airlines
 
VSMUT
Posts: 2893
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 5:22 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
compensateme wrote:
I flew SFO-DTW on UA. It was a really long flight.


That’s the winner. That’s the longest A319 flight.


Not even close. Only 1800 nm.

BOG-DFW is 2300 nm.

SEA-MIA is 2370 nm.

BOG-MVD is 2580 nm

IAD-YVR is 2040 nm

YVR-MIA is 2440 nm.
 
redadeco
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:13 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 5:54 am

I flew MAD-SSG on an A319 (2642 nm).
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 13903
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 6:00 am

There is an Australian A319 which flies from Tasmania to the Antarctic lands on an ice runway and then returns back to Australia without refuelling.

Sometimes they make an approach and are unable to land and return back to Australia.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News
 
MartijnNL
Posts: 708
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 6:13 am

redadeco wrote:
I flew MAD-SSG on an A319 (2642 nm).

MAD-SSG is 2,642 mi (statute miles), not 2,642 nm (nautical miles). ;)
 
blacksoviet
Topic Author
Posts: 1208
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 6:36 am

VSMUT wrote:
Qatar uses it on the Doha-Yangon route. Due to airspace closures over Pakistan, Oman and the UAE, it is somewhat longer at the moment, about 2600 nm.

Why is Omani airspace closed?
 
TC957
Posts: 3479
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 7:02 am

blacksoviet wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
Qatar uses it on the Doha-Yangon route. Due to airspace closures over Pakistan, Oman and the UAE, it is somewhat longer at the moment, about 2600 nm.

Why is Omani airspace closed?

Just for QR aircraft due to the on-going diplomatic fisticuffs Qatar is having with their Arab neighbours.
 
User avatar
eta unknown
Posts: 2378
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 5:03 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 7:13 am

Omani & Kuwaiti airspace is not closed to QR.
 
blacksoviet
Topic Author
Posts: 1208
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 7:19 am

SierraPacific wrote:
Does the A319 ACJ count? if so It can go 6000NM or in practical terms New York to Doha.

The ACJ doesn't count. As far as I know it can only carry a small number of passengers and minimal baggage.
 
danirich26
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:41 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 7:21 am

TC957 wrote:
blacksoviet wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
Qatar uses it on the Doha-Yangon route. Due to airspace closures over Pakistan, Oman and the UAE, it is somewhat longer at the moment, about 2600 nm.

Why is Omani airspace closed?

Just for QR aircraft due to the on-going diplomatic fisticuffs Qatar is having with their Arab neighbours.


Omani airspace is not closed to Qatar registered aircraft, in fact Qatar are still operating to Muscat, Salalah and Sohar.

Qatari registered aircraft are not allowed in UAE, Saudi, Bahraini (except for three very specific routings) and Egyptian airspace (just off the top of my head)

Please check your fact sources
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 7:58 am

VSMUT wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
compensateme wrote:
I flew SFO-DTW on UA. It was a really long flight.


That’s the winner. That’s the longest A319 flight.


Not even close. Only 1800 nm.

BOG-DFW is 2300 nm.

SEA-MIA is 2370 nm.

BOG-MVD is 2580 nm

IAD-YVR is 2040 nm

YVR-MIA is 2440 nm.


Apparently you didn’t get that I was joking.

AA’s past UIO-DFW Flight had to have been up there.
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3279
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 11:20 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
compensateme wrote:
I flew SFO-DTW on UA. It was a really long flight.


That’s the winner. That’s the longest A319 flight.



No PTVs or power, either!
We don’t care what your next flight is.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 12:54 pm

steveinbc wrote:
Air Canada used to operate a Vancouver to Miami which is 2802 miles. They also used to operate Halifax to London Heathrow which is 2857 miles.


AC never operated 319s on YHZ-LHR. That route formerly had 767s on it. The shorter YYT-LHR used to have 319s on it. Currently these two routes are suspended until the MAX returns to service.
 
maximairways
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:05 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 2:07 pm

UA until last summer operated BDL-SFO on a A319, 2,615mi.
 
dfw88
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 2:36 pm

The longest one I can find is Ural Airlines's every-other-day flight from KHV to SVX (Khabarovsk, Russia to Yekaterinburg, Russia) that covers 3,021mi (4,862km).
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Posts: 1862
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 2:48 pm

While not the longest, RV flies KEF-YYZ and KEF-YUL on the A319 this summer due to the MAX groundings at AC (Rouge also flew these routes on A319s in 2015-2017). Those clock in at 2258 nm and 2018 nm respectively.
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
Beechtobus
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 2:55 pm

Spirit (NK) does FLL-LIM (2282nm)with an A319. Probably not the longest A319 flight but perhaps the longest in a high density configuration.

When 10L/28R is closed and only 10R/28L is available in FLL, the flight often has to be routed FLL-RSW (for fuel)-LIM as 10R/28L is not long enough for the fully loaded A319.
Last edited by Beechtobus on Fri May 31, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
ojjunior
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:31 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Fri May 31, 2019 3:00 pm

Isn't AA operating MIA-MAO anymore?
Maybe swapping with the A320 but I definitely saw AA's 319 at MAO several times.
If yes, must be on the list.

Few ones:

MIA-MAO 2,087 nm
SFO-DTW 1,806 nm
BOG-DFW 2,119 nm
SEA-MIA 2,367 nm
GVA GYD 1,929 nm
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3279
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Longest A319 flight

Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:08 am

AC flew the 319 from YYZ-LHR, stopping at YYT. It’s like arriving at your high school prom in a pickup truck.
We don’t care what your next flight is.
 
smallmj
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:11 pm

compensateme wrote:
AC flew the 319 from YYZ-LHR, stopping at YYT. It’s like arriving at your high school prom in a pickup truck.


What's wrong with that? You've clearly never been to a prom in rural Canada.
 
mchei
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: Longest A319 flight

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:19 pm

smallmj wrote:
compensateme wrote:
AC flew the 319 from YYZ-LHR, stopping at YYT. It’s like arriving at your high school prom in a pickup truck.


What's wrong with that? You've clearly never been to a prom in rural Canada.


Actually, you’d be the boss if you did that in Germany ;)
F70-F100-E145-E170-E190-319-320-321-735–736-737-738-752-763–742-744-333-343-ATR72-Metroliner-Saab2000-Lockheed Electra-C172-C182-C182RG-MD11

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: T54A and 29 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos