TheFlyingDisk

Re: $1500.00 not enough to switch seats in Y!

Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:39 am

catiii wrote:
It’s a global ranking. Go argue about their Methodist with them (and you can read their methodology)

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/ ... g-athletes

People need to argue over anything. The fact of the matter is, the post I was responding to asked who had ever heard of Cam Newton. I responded with facts.

The methodology is suspect. Dale Earnhardt, Jr is more popular than "Hollywood" Lewis Hamilton? I don't think so...
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

fallap

Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:01 am

NeBaNi wrote:
I'm not sure if I'd take $1500 in cash if someone offered it to me in an airplane. The transaction would be visible to everyone, and throughout the flight, I'd be paranoid knowing everyone who saw and heard the commotion would know I had $1500 in cash with me. I wouldn't be able to sleep on the flight lol. If it was a non-cash transaction, then maybe.

What do you think those plastic forks and knives are for? Defend yourself!
Ex grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M
Now studying Political Science

Super80Fan

Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:40 am

Really depends on the context. If I got the flight for free? Definitely. If I paid $3000+ for the ticket? No. Also was he going to pay cash/internet transaction right then and there, or was he going to wait for a while and hope the guy forgot about it?
RIP McDonnell Douglas

fallap

Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:47 am

Super80Fan wrote:
Really depends on the context. If I got the flight for free? Definitely. If I paid $3000+ for the ticket? No. Also was he going to pay cash/internet transaction right then and there, or was he going to wait for a while and hope the guy forgot about it?

What difference does how much you spend for the ticket make? I could understand if you paid $3,000 for J and were offered $1,500 to be bumped down to Y. But in this case you stand to gain $1,500 for switching seats within your purchased class. Seems like a win situation for me :)
Ex grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M
Now studying Political Science

bluefrog

Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:11 pm

,if a lone i'd of taken the offer after checking the notes but are you allowed to offer things like this on an aircraft ?

Super80Fan

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:33 am

fallap wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

What difference does how much you spend for the ticket make? I could understand if you paid $3,000 for J and were offered $1,500 to be bumped down to Y. But in this case you stand to gain $1,500 for switching seats within your purchased class. Seems like a win situation for me :)

Might be a win for you, might be a no-go for someone else. It all comes down to how the person sees the "value" of staying in that particular seat.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

Kiwirob

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 am

catiii wrote:
spinotter wrote:
catiii wrote:

$1500 probably would have paid for the roundtrip, plus you get the story to tell forever of Cam Newton buying your seat from you.

Sorry, I never heard of Cam Newton so that would be no inducement for me. And who has heard of Cam Newton?

He's one of the 50 most famous athletes in the world, so tens of millions of people...

I could think of 100 athletes names and I'd have never guessed his, I watch a lot of sport, just not American sports. There's a world outside of America and unless he's LeBron James most people wouldn't have a clue.

I would have taken the money, 1500 USD is about 12000 NOK, which is one months mortgage payment, to me that's a no brainer, I'd even sit in a middle row seat for that amount.

Kiwirob

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:41 am

catiii wrote:

It’s a global ranking. Go argue about their Methodist with them (and you can read their methodology)

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/ ... g-athletes

People need to argue over anything. The fact of the matter is, the post I was responding to asked who had ever heard of Cam Newton. I responded with facts.

You know this is a bullshit US centric list when Dale Earhardt Jr is ranked 15 spots ahead of Lewis Hamilton. If social media is the main part of the metric how does 11.8m followers on Instagram Hamilton lose out to 700k Instagram follower Dale? It's the same on twitter, Lewis is followed by significantly more people.

PGNCS

Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:42 pm

airportugal310 wrote:
spinotter wrote:
catiii wrote:

$1500 probably would have paid for the roundtrip, plus you get the story to tell forever of Cam Newton buying your seat from you.

Sorry, I never heard of Cam Newton so that would be no inducement for me. And who has heard of Cam Newton?

You always seem to come into these threads either feigning you don't know who anyone is or what anything is (social media related, usually...)

Methinks that since you spend time on the internet (you post here, after all) that you'd be a little more in tune with the outside world.

Why would we know who he is? I had no clue who he was either because I DON'T FOLLOW SPORTS. I am assuming spinotter is telling the truth, because why wouldn't he be?

I wouldn't have taken $1,500 either for a worse economy seat on a transatlantic flight.

spinotter

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:56 pm

PGNCS wrote:
airportugal310 wrote:
spinotter wrote:

You always seem to come into these threads either feigning you don't know who anyone is or what anything is (social media related, usually...)

Methinks that since you spend time on the internet (you post here, after all) that you'd be a little more in tune with the outside world.

Why would we know who he is? I had no clue who he was either because I DON'T FOLLOW SPORTS. I am assuming spinotter is telling the truth, because why wouldn't he be?

I wouldn't have taken $1,500 either for a worse economy seat on a transatlantic flight.

Of course I am telling the truth. Why would I lie if Cam Newton, or whatever his name is, would be close to my heart and soul? People hero-worship anyone with a name, however unknown that name may be.

danman132x

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:35 pm

I'm 6'5" myself and would have gladly given up a comfort + for a cramped Y seat for about 8 hours. Would've paid for my entire airfare basically.

blueflyer

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Me thinks he might even have had a business class seat for that $1,500. At least half the seats are paid for by an employer, odds are if he asked the right passenger, they would have given up the seat that didn't cost them a penny for the seat that made them $1,500 richer...