parisien
Topic Author

Malindo & Emirates interline?

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Hello, planning to fly to Asia this summer and would like to return from Bandung (BDO) to Paris. On Kayak (and other sites like Expedia I see offers starting with Malindo BDO to KUL (Kuala Lumpur) connecting to Emirates (1h55 minutes lay over in KUL) to CDG via Dubai. Anybody has done this connection? I am wondering if Malindo would check baggage all the way to final destination (given the connection time which will not be sufficient I think for clearing immigration and rechecking in KUL and just the hassle of it). I wrote Malindo which asked for the ticket number (don't have it...will not buy the tickets if cannot check through)...so it seems depends on the ticket (number)? Cannot book BDO CDG on Emirates website.... Cheers.

cofannyc

Re: Malindo & Emirates interline?

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Malindo CAN check bags through to EK. They have an interline baggage agreement. There's never a guarantee that they WILL, but they CAN.

TheFlyingDisk

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:52 pm

cofannyc wrote:
Malindo CAN check bags through to EK. They have an interline baggage agreement. There's never a guarantee that they WILL, but they CAN.

But according to their website, they only interlined with NH, TK, QR, EY & WY

https://www.malindoair.com/news-events/ ... ARTNERSHIP
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

cofannyc

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:29 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

It may be out of date or it may be the only carriers they WILL interline to, but they certainly have the ability to interline to EK.

MAY ISSUE TICKETS INCLUDING
       BI  EK  ET  EY  HY  ID  MF  NH  QR  RJ  SL  TK  WY     

MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO

TheFlyingDisk

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:45 am

cofannyc wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

It may be out of date or it may be the only carriers they WILL interline to, but they certainly have the ability to interline to EK.

MAY ISSUE TICKETS INCLUDING

MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO

Could be. Maybe they realized interline agreements aren't that all newsworthy and stopped announcing it.

parisien
Topic Author

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:32 am

Thank you all for your answers.

When I contacted Emirates, this is their response : "It depends if they’ll have access to your Emirates flights in order to though check your bags and issue the tags". Cofannyc, where did you get the screenshot of the airline codes Malindo can interline to (it seems that they should be able to access Emirates flights then?

Indeed, Malindo seemed to have announced all the interline agreements or codeshares they have inked with other partners (Qatar/Etihad and ANA, for instance)...but I cannot find announcement for Emirates.

In the worst scenario (have to recheck in baggage), will 1h 55 minutes be sufficient to clear immigration/get checked bags et re check in the bags with Emirates (arrival time is at 5:25 PM...have no idea if that is peak time at KUL) (if anyone had personal experience doing so) ?

TheFlyingDisk

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:22 am

parisien wrote:
Thank you all for your answers.

When I contacted Emirates, this is their response : "It depends if they’ll have access to your Emirates flights in order to though check your bags and issue the tags". Cofannyc, where did you get the screenshot of the airline codes Malindo can interline to (it seems that they should be able to access Emirates flights then?

Indeed, Malindo seemed to have announced all the interline agreements or codeshares they have inked with other partners (Qatar/Etihad and ANA, for instance)...but I cannot find announcement for Emirates.

In the worst scenario (have to recheck in baggage), will 1h 55 minutes be sufficient to clear immigration/get checked bags et re check in the bags with Emirates (arrival time is at 5:25 PM...have no idea if that is peak time at KUL) (if anyone had personal experience doing so) ?

Immigration is probably going to be an issue, but it's been a while since I flew out of KUL. As for it being peak time, a lot of international flights are arriving around that time.

Have you checked with Malindo?

debonair

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:57 pm

parisien wrote:
On Kayak (and other sites like Expedia I see offers starting with Malindo BDO to KUL (Kuala Lumpur) connecting to Emirates (1h55 minutes lay over in KUL) to CDG via Dubai. ... I wrote Malindo which asked for the ticket number (don't have it...will not buy the tickets if cannot check through)...so it seems depends on the ticket (number)?

I think it is most important, that the the booking is actually done in ONE single ticket - and not on two separate bookings (like KIWI through Kayak).

cofannyc wrote:

True, I travelled a LOT on LION-Group airlines and especially on outstations the staff seems to be overchallenged with the most simple requests - like having booked an extra seat.

parisien
Topic Author

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:38 pm

TheFlyingDisk, I wrote Malindo before I posted here...their answer was to give them the ticket numbers (which I don't have...I thought I'd buy the ticket only if assured of the check-through. I have been through KUL a few times and each time the immigration check took a long time!). Maybe as debonair said, they wanted to see if it's booked as a single ticket.
Debonair, I checked Expedia and Opodo, both offer this connection (on Opodo, it says 'connection assured by Malindo Air' for the layover at KUL ...not sure I understand what that means exactly....)