kiowa
Topic Author
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 am

United and Spiderman amenity kits

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:25 am

I just came back from Munich and United had Spiderman amenity kits on board. It was entertaining to walk through the cabin and see people wearing the Spiderman eye shades as they slept. Cute idea. I applaud United for their creativity.
 
User avatar
janders
Moderator
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Re: United and Spiderman amenity kits

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:36 am

Its simply a marketing deal with Marvel for a 5-week period to build buzz for the movie. Same reason the UA safety video is spidermand themed also.
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 21479
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: United and Spiderman amenity kits

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:43 am

janders wrote:
Its simply a marketing deal with Marvel for a 5-week period to build buzz for the movie. Same reason the UA safety video is spidermand themed also.


Well, of course. You didn't think UA was doing this for free, did you?
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4356
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: United and Spiderman amenity kits

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 am

DocLightning wrote:
janders wrote:
Its simply a marketing deal with Marvel for a 5-week period to build buzz for the movie. Same reason the UA safety video is spidermand themed also.


Well, of course. You didn't think UA was doing this for free, did you?


Sounds like the OPer believes UA was being creative here. Instead, they are simply taking cash from the studios involved and willing to promote the movie onboard.
mercure f-wtcc
 
kiowa
Topic Author
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: United and Spiderman amenity kits

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:40 pm

mercure1 wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
janders wrote:
Its simply a marketing deal with Marvel for a 5-week period to build buzz for the movie. Same reason the UA safety video is spidermand themed also.


Well, of course. You didn't think UA was doing this for free, did you?


Sounds like the OPer believes UA was being creative here. Instead, they are simply taking cash from the studios involved and willing to promote the movie onboard.


Creativity has lots of forms. I do not know how much or if United was compensated but there is even monatary creativity. Either way it was fun seeing all the people wearing Spidy eyeshades!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cadet985 and 9 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos