Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Planes4you
Topic Author
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

TATL route predictions

Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:55 pm

It’s that time of year aviators where the Europeans airlines announce their new routes. We’ve already seen Swiss announce IAD and KIX. What are your predictions for the upcoming route announcements?
 
timberwolf24
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2001 8:38 am

Re: TATL route predictions

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:02 pm

I’ll play;
IG ORD - MXP
AA ORD - PRG
MS ORD - CAI
AT ORD- CMN
Living in LA, ORD/MDW will always be home!
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 4288
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: TATL route predictions

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Brussels Airlines might announce some new TATL destinations. Currently their coverage of America is limited to New York JFK, Toronto Pearson and seasonal Washington Dulles. In fact, New York JFK is a bit strange since their partner United hubs at Newark and flies Brussels - Newark.

Some possible new destinations for Brussels Airlines might be Boston, Chicago, Miami or maybe even Los Angeles.
 
User001
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:07 pm

My hopes for MAN:

ORD on UA. Possibly downgrade EWR-MAN back to a B763 for the summer iso B764 and then B763 for ORD. Latter seasonal summer.

MIA on VS. Keep hearing persistent rumours about a 2/3 weekly A330 tying in with Virgin Voyages.

YYS on WS. Again, hear persistent rumours of a 3 weekly flight.

JFK/YYZ on BG. This is based on news articles and their in flight route map showing the routes. Whether they start however, that’s a completely different debate.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: TATL route predictions

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:24 pm

AA:
PHL-AGP/NCE/TLV/HEL/ZAG
DFW-BCN/HEL/MAN
CLT-ZRH/AMS/MAN
ORD-PRG/DBV
JFK-ZAG
Cuts PHL-BLQ/TXL

AA goes to 1x DFW-MAD and IB picks up the other daily frequency.

DL/AF/KL launches BNA/AUS-CDG/AMS

BA adds another smaller east coast city... or CMH? :duck:

Possible Air Italy expansion into AA/DL hubs to rub the salt wound.

LH does whatever next week with its MUC announcement. Guessing PHL/IAH but solid chance it won’t be that.

All speculation ;)
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: TATL route predictions

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:02 pm

AA, For PHL

I’ll say, PHL-CMN/ZAG expanded PHL-DBV service for next summer season.

DFW-BCN, long been rumored.

ORD-MAD to complement IB service in the summer.

LH,

MUC-ATL/DTW


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
Planes4you
Topic Author
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:49 pm

I’m hoping we see some DFW-HEL whether AA or Finnair does it
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:08 pm

Ishrion wrote:
DL/AF/KL launches BNA/AUS-CDG/AMS


I'm very much interested to see what DL/AF/KL will do here. Both cities have been rumored to be getting a DL TATL flight in recent months/years, and since DL's LAX-AMS flight is getting axed, I really think that slot will go to one of those cities.

I imagine we'll be hearing something within the next few weeks.
 
smallmj
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:05 pm

If the MAX ever get back in the air then I predict Westjet will start YHZ-AMS.
 
upperdeckfan
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 am

Re: TATL route predictions

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:32 pm

Many coworkers have been flying IB's MAD-ORD several times a year (for years) and always tell me it's 100% in J.

IB/AA know something I don't to still keep MAD-ORD at one daily year-round.
748,744,742,741,772,773,762,763,
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3
 
Insertnamehere
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 am

Re: TATL route predictions

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:54 pm

I could see Aer Lingus starting DUB-CMH seasonally on an A321LR once they get a few more in the fleet.
 
User avatar
Pudelhund
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:06 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:30 am

Insertnamehere wrote:
I could see Aer Lingus starting DUB-CMH seasonally on an A321LR once they get a few more in the fleet.


Is there really that much Dublin to “Dublin” demand? I would think CMH’s first TATL (not Brewdog shenanigans) would be Paris because of fashion industry ties or maybe London.
 
upperdeckfan
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 am

Re: TATL route predictions

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:28 am

TP will definitely open new TATL markets upon arrival of A319LR's
748,744,742,741,772,773,762,763,
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3
 
smallmj
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:58 am

upperdeckfan wrote:
TP will definitely open new TATL markets upon arrival of A319LR's


If they try Icelandair's model and do a scissor hub for Southern Europe and Africa then that could be very interesting.
 
Insertnamehere
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 am

Re: TATL route predictions

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:08 pm

Pudelhund wrote:
Insertnamehere wrote:
I could see Aer Lingus starting DUB-CMH seasonally on an A321LR once they get a few more in the fleet.


Is there really that much Dublin to “Dublin” demand? I would think CMH’s first TATL (not Brewdog shenanigans) would be Paris because of fashion industry ties or maybe London.


I don’t think the demand is that huge (there is a sizeable Irish population and I would say London for industry ties as JPMC has a large presence in the area while they won’t fill planes they’ll help fill up the pointy end.

My reasoning for Dublin is that CMH does not have a dedicated customs area for passengers landing in CMH and with DUB having preclearence it makes the flight possible. Economical is a different story.
 
User avatar
BWIAirport
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:10 pm

I think EI launching DUB-BWI is reasonable now that the A321LR is flying for them. Or, if the MAX ever gets airborne again, I could see Norwegian launching the same route instead.
I've always thought BWI would also be a good candidate for DL to launch CDG or AMS, in a similar spirit as IND-CDG and TPA-AMS (and formerly PIT/PHL/EWR-CDG).
SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A20N A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: TATL route predictions

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:14 pm

Not sure about European airlines but I do see the following routes possible, announced by the US carrier:
DFW/PHL–HEL (AA)
PHL–CPH (AA)
ORD–OSL (AA/UA)

Of course Finnair can surprise and announce HEL–YYZ/DFW/PHL/SEA :D
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5109
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Aer Lingus Detroit-Dublin
WOW Air Detroit-Reykjavik.


I think these two routes could coexist along with Delta and Lufthansa in Detroit without impacting them in a negative way. Gives customers a better choice across the board while growing the market.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
bhxalex
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:40 am

Re: TATL route predictions

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:01 am

klm617 wrote:
Aer Lingus Detroit-Dublin
WOW Air Detroit-Reykjavik.


I think these two routes could coexist along with Delta and Lufthansa in Detroit without impacting them in a negative way. Gives customers a better choice across the board while growing the market.



Seen some pretty baffling DTW-XYZ route suggestions from you in the past, but this one on a defunct carrier (WW) takes the biscuit. Not to mention RKV-DTW being impossible.
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5109
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:35 pm

bhxalex wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Aer Lingus Detroit-Dublin
WOW Air Detroit-Reykjavik.


I think these two routes could coexist along with Delta and Lufthansa in Detroit without impacting them in a negative way. Gives customers a better choice across the board while growing the market.



Seen some pretty baffling DTW-XYZ route suggestions from you in the past, but this one on a defunct carrier (WW) takes the biscuit. Not to mention RKV-DTW being impossible.



First of all I'm talking about the new WOW Air and second of all Reykjavik has 2 airports RKV and KEF, obviously I'm talking about KEF.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:51 pm

klm617 wrote:
bhxalex wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Aer Lingus Detroit-Dublin
WOW Air Detroit-Reykjavik.


I think these two routes could coexist along with Delta and Lufthansa in Detroit without impacting them in a negative way. Gives customers a better choice across the board while growing the market.



Seen some pretty baffling DTW-XYZ route suggestions from you in the past, but this one on a defunct carrier (WW) takes the biscuit. Not to mention RKV-DTW being impossible.



First of all I'm talking about the new WOW Air and second of all Reykjavik has 2 airports RKV and KEF, obviously I'm talking about KEF.


The new WOW air starting any routes for real is about as realistic as the old one doing so...it's an old insane woman trying to start an airline with 4 weeks advance time at the start of low season without aircraft, an AOC or any contact with the relevant airport authorities. And don't get me started on the business plan, luxury ULCC... :sarcastic:
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
HP69
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Re: TATL route predictions

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:38 pm

DTW-Spain?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Niklas767, YYZatcboy and 25 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos