Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

readytotaxi
Topic Author

Most space-efficient business class seat design yet.???

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Well, that's the claim from AirGo Design.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ ... index.html

Believe this was launched at the 2019 Airplane Interiors Expo in Hamburg.AirGo Design's next step? Creating a full-scale mock-up to allow airlines and potential passengers to see what it'd be actually like to share an airplane bed with their family and enjoy the space.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

mwhcvt

Re: Most space-efficient business class seat design yet.???

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:20 pm

First off I’m not sure that could be called business class if it targets the family market and I could see legitimate business travellers not being fan of shared family seats within the business cabin.

Secondly it’s look horrendously cramped and cluttered what is with the two dividing panels I’d like to see other angles or animation but this looks hellish from this angle

That said I’ve thought many recent business and first offerings have looked pretty bad seeming to care more for cupboards and closets than the actual seat spaces making the seats look cramped
Must think up a new one soon, slow moving brain trying to get into gear ;)

9Patch

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:24 pm

mwhcvt wrote:
Secondly it’s look horrendously cramped and cluttered what is with the two dividing panels I’d like to see other angles or animation but this looks hellish from this angle

Not to mention, wearing shoes to bed.

A350OZ

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 pm

So apart from the ability to 'join' seats together by lowering the dividers, how is this different to an existing herringbone seat? It looks like one, just even more narrow. No view out the window, no space around the elbows and shoulders. Horrible.

The majority of business class customers (and those who are least price-sensitive) travel for work and typically alone, and for them this product only offers downsides. 'Most space-efficient' business class in my view goes to BA with their Club World product, and clearly it is not great for the traveller given how dense it is.

ABpositive

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:33 am

Sitting like that through a 2-hour movie would be very uncomfortable, not to mention bad for your posture

Varsity1

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:52 am

Looks like a series of coffins.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

flyer1225

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:14 am

I think this company seems to be slightly confused about how many families (especially ones with kids) pay for J.
6E/9W/AA/AF/AI/AS/B6/BA/DJ/DL/EK/FL/HA/IC/IT/JQ/LH/LX/OS/QF/S2/SG/UA/US/VS/VX/WN

spacecadet

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:12 am

flyer1225 wrote:
I think this company seems to be slightly confused about how many families (especially ones with kids) pay for J.

Or what the word "business" means...

But yes, if you click through to the article itself, it's just a very high density herringbone layout. It would have to be priced significantly cheaper than most business classes to appeal to that market. It looks more like premium economy in the amount of space you get, although you do get a lie-flat bed.

Funnily enough, the middle seats look more standard. Only the window seats are in this high-density layout. So it's almost like two classes within the same cabin. It's like business and "business minus".
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!