PSAatSAN4Ever
Topic Author

POLL: Irritating Airline Website Issues

Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:29 pm

What airline websites have issues that irritate you?

I'm searching flights for April, seven months away. Two different airlines just irritated the snot out of me today, and eighteen years into the 21st century we're still dealing with ridiculous but time-consuming irritations.

I'll start this list off - I have two from just today.

Websites that don't update their "return date" calendars after you put in your departure date.

It goes without saying that a person's return flights MUST be after the outgoing flight. Period, finished, end of sentence. So why do some airline websites not keep up? If it is September, and I'm looking at flights for April, why doesn't the return flight calendar start in April as well? It has to be programmed to give you the response, "you must choose a return date after your departure date", so why not program the computer to avoid this inconvenience? Yes, I didn't look carefully, but really, why should I have to? Why is this mistake even possible to make?

Websites that don't black out dates that flights haven't been uploaded

"Sorry, there are no flights to show for this date". So I guess you're not flying the route? And I should go choose someone else?

If you haven't loaded flights, PLEASE let us know that schedules aren't loaded - don't make us believe you're not flying that route anymore. I'll wait - it's far enough out - but offer me the chance to look up those dates if nothing has been loaded yet! Most airlines do, but some offer these dates as possibilities but then don't tell you why there are no flights.

Okay, I've vented. I am looking forward to your responses!

RJNUT

Re: POLL: Irritating Airline Website Issues

Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:06 am

in regards to " no flights to show for this date" I ran into that on UA's website in/out CMX.A quick search on Orbitz offered a UA to UA inbound to CMX and then a UA to AA outbound interline connection! WN still seems to be the best airline website and that isn't saying much.

atomicstar

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:49 pm

I was trying to book a flight on AA, but when I got to the part where you enter passengers' info and then I clicked continue, it redirected me to the search flights page. So wasted 5 minutes, and I tried again and same thing happened. Wasted about 10 minutes. I was assuming it was a software bug, so I chose a different flight on the same day and now the same thing happened. I was booking very late, so I assumed that the flight was already fully booked, and they tried to allow overbooking, but the software has bugs.

Then I flew United instead

PSAatSAN4Ever
Topic Author

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:12 pm

atomicstar wrote:
I was trying to book a flight on AA, but when I got to the part where you enter passengers' info and then I clicked continue, it redirected me to the search flights page. So wasted 5 minutes, and I tried again and same thing happened. Wasted about 10 minutes. I was assuming it was a software bug, so I chose a different flight on the same day and now the same thing happened. I was booking very late, so I assumed that the flight was already fully booked, and they tried to allow overbooking, but the software has bugs.

Then I flew United instead

Now that would make an interesting poll: "Ever gone with a different airline because of website issues?"

Thanks for sharing!