Gulfstream500

Re: Greatest myths about air industry

Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:28 am

jcwr56 wrote:
DTW is not the center of the Airline Universe. (a.net humor)

You're right, its ATL.

Mine:

JetBlue and United are merging, with both the JFK and EWR hubs remaining despite anti-trust laws.

Frontier and Spirit are merging.

Delta is making a focus city in X city.
Thinking of a good signature is hard...

Veigar

Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:04 am

seat1a wrote:
Braniff and Eastern will make a comeback.

LOL Well apparently Eastern is trying again!

oldannyboy

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:08 am

afterburner wrote:
chepos wrote:
You won the internet, numbers 11-12 are representative of I would guestimate 70% of Aneters thinking

How many percent of A.netters are American?

Thing is, I'm not even American, but the bias (or pro- thinking) of Americans vis-à-vis these three [huge, but otherwise] pretty un-remarkable airlines is nothing short of mind-boggling..... We Europeans are rarely so biased towards airlines, including our national/flag-carriers....

VSMUT

Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:30 am

oldannyboy wrote:
afterburner wrote:
chepos wrote:
You won the internet, numbers 11-12 are representative of I would guestimate 70% of Aneters thinking

Thing is, I'm not even American, but the bias (or pro- thinking) of Americans vis-à-vis these three [huge, but otherwise] pretty un-remarkable airlines is nothing short of mind-boggling..... We Europeans are rarely so biased towards airlines, including our national/flag-carriers....

It is really mindboggling. See the recent LATAM thing. Most of the extremely lively discussion was about how if affected American Airlines and Delta. Barely a squeak about how it affected any airlines in the rest of the world. You even gets threads about which alliance Azul is going to join etc., which turn out to be yet more US3 infighting.

oldannyboy

Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:03 pm

VSMUT wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
afterburner wrote:

It is really mindboggling. See the recent LATAM thing. Most of the extremely lively discussion was about how if affected American Airlines and Delta. Barely a squeak about how it affected any airlines in the rest of the world. You even gets threads about which alliance Azul is going to join etc., which turn out to be yet more US3 infighting.

Yeah, the level of self-centred idiocy ['cause that's what it is] and lack of any sense of geo-spatial awareness and relativity is horrifying. :rotfl: :rotfl: Like as if DTW really was the centre of the universe :rotfl: :rotfl:

Vladex

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:20 am

Twins are the future and the quad engines are dead.