Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Lentini2001

Re: Why does MAN get so few BAW international flights and destinies?

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Cunard wrote:
Lentini2001 wrote:
DLHAM wrote:
I remember in the early 2000s BA flew MAN-JFK 1 daily with 767s.

They did BHX-JFK too.

Your stating something that I'm sure everything on this thread is already totally aware of.

If your going to add something to this discussion rather than just typing one sentence perhaps you could have also added that British Airways previously flew GLA to BOS and JFK and for a limited time EWR along with their BHX flights.

Going back further to the sixties upto the early eighties British Airways and before that BOAC also operated.

BHX-JFK
PIK-JFK
PIK-YUL
PIK-YYZ

Sorry mate, I didn't know you ran airliners.net I'll be sure to ask your permission before I next post something - hopefully I'm still allowed to post on your forum? Please consider removing my account if I have bothered you.

Or...

Just wind your neck in, mr keyboard warrior and mind your own business. Don't like what I posted? Fine, don't reply if it bothers you that much.

Cunard

Re: Why does MAN get so few BAW international flights and destinations?

Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:46 am

bluefrog wrote:
@ cunard excellent reply for MAN but i didn't see you mention Tarom, as a kid (up to 15/16 years old )back in the late 70's ?early 80's i saw Tarom aircraft at MAN ,TU 154? sorry i know you put in a lot of work finding the airlines that served my old home city ,just another one to add,
PS i used to love when fog hit london ,braniiff &,Pam Am 747 sp were my favs i remember one day different aircraft parked all over the place there was so many and not enough gates

Thanks for your comments regarding my post but just to let you know......it took me approximately thirty minutes to write that post.....I didn't research it, it wasn't hardwork......all I did was to remember the airline's by country basis and typed them alphabetically.

Thankfully I have a very good memory and Geography has always been my strongest subject. I don't forget anything except for people's names including close associates which can be very embarrassing at times. I can't even remember family names especially aunties, uncles, niece's and nephews which can be quite awkward at family gatherings.

Regarding Tarom..... it's already been mentioned upthread that I had missed that particular airline.

My comprehensive list was only for airline's that previously offered scheduled services from MAN.

Tarom flew to MAN on a charter basis only with a variety of aircraft including the Boeing 707, IL-62, ROMBAC 1-11, TU-154, flights operated to Constanta in Romania.

The same applies to Balkan Bulgarian who used to fly charter flights between Manchester and Burgas and Varna in Bulgaria with a mix of TU-134 and TU-154.

As these two airline's only offered charter flights from MAN rather than scheduled flights that's the reason they were not included in my list.

If you look on FLICKR there are literally hundreds of excellent photos of aircraft at MAN on diversions during the 1960/70/80/90's including the Braniff and Pan Am B747SP's that you have quoted.

For anyone unfamiliar with FLICKR I thoroughly recommend the site as the selection of photos are excellent and are very rare, in some respects they far outway those found here on a.net.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

David_itl

Re: Why does MAN get so few BAW international flights and destinations?

Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:15 pm

Tarom flew 2 weekly to MAN on schedulled services from OTP . RO387/388 in the mid 1990s as i saw a number of their 737s here!