PSAatSAN4Ever
Topic Author

Volaris Booking Problem From U.S. - Anyone Experience This?

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Trying to book TIJ-PVR from San Diego, so definitely the American version of the website. Simple, easy, and I've got everything I need.

But it won't let me check out. Try again. Nothing.

Call Volaris. They've got a record of the attempted transaction, and they tell me it's my telephone number. It's entered incorrectly. No matter how I try to enter my 10-digit phone number (the +1 for U.S.A. was already entered automatically), which is supposed to be XXX-XXX-XXXX, gets entered by the computer as XXXX-XXXX-XX, which I am powerless to stop it from doing.

"Can you enter it for me on your end and finish the purchase?"

"No sir, you'll have to do that online!"

Or course.

"Would you like me to transfer you to tech support?"

"Yes please!". Transferred quickly, and the agent on the other end diagnosed it as an issue with their website. They promised to fix, and I should try again later.

Tried later. Same problem.

I absolutely refuse any third party purchase sites for international travel. I want to make this purchase through their website directly, but I'm absolutely stuck as to how this problem seems to affect me and my computer alone.

Advice GREATLY appreciated!!

PSAatSAN4Ever
Topic Author

Re: Volaris Booking Problem From U.S. - Anyone Experience This?

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:41 pm

Well, apparently Volaris figured out that they had a problem...

I finally got their website to accept my phone number, and the purchase went through. TIJ-PVR has been purchased, complete with one checked bag each, and selected seats 2A and 2B for both flights. CBX passes purchased for a discounted price as well!

The confirmation with the printable passes in PDF form came separately, but I didn't know that at the time, so I called Volaris just to confirm. First item on the recorded greeting:

"Welcome to Volaris! Press the star key if you are having problems making a purchase from our U.S. website."

I am guessing I wasn't the only one who had problems after all! Thankfully now it has been fixed, and we'll be Puerta Vallarta bound in six months!

Volaris: I am glad you fixed the problem, and I look forward to flying with you; however, this went on FAR too long. ANYTHING that gets between your company and your customer's money MUST BE YOUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!! What you invest into a working website will come back to you two-fold if it is dependable and fixed immediately when there are problems.

stl07

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:55 am

Wow, they were very unprofessional. Surprised nobody else has said anything on this thread. How did you get the cheap CBX pass?
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

PSAatSAN4Ever
Topic Author

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:14 pm

stl07 wrote:
Wow, they were very unprofessional. Surprised nobody else has said anything on this thread. How did you get the cheap CBX pass?

They were offered by Volaris on their website. I was surprised when they were discounted! But because I purchased the top-of-the-line airfare that includes EVERYTHING, part of my "discount" was accounted for in that price.

And still over $100 per person less than SAN-PVR on AS, without a checked bag.

stl07

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:37 pm

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
stl07 wrote:

They were offered by Volaris on their website. I was surprised when they were discounted! But because I purchased the top-of-the-line airfare that includes EVERYTHING, part of my "discount" was accounted for in that price.

TIJ airport is truly the best-kept secret for those in Southern California! Out of curiosity, why don't people just drive/uber right into the airport via San Ysidro instead of using CBX when departing? Seems smarter as there is no border line going into Mexico, and you would save the time and money of using CBX. Leaving TIJ is a different story altogether though, CBX is many moons better.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

PSAatSAN4Ever
Topic Author

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:17 pm

stl07 wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
stl07 wrote:

TIJ airport is truly the best-kept secret for those in Southern California! Out of curiosity, why don't people just drive/uber right into the airport via San Ysidro instead of using CBX when departing? Seems smarter as there is no border line going into Mexico, and you would save the time and money of using CBX. Leaving TIJ is a different story altogether though, CBX is many moons better.

Oh, it is SO much more complicated than that...

If you have never had to cross at San Ysidro or Otay Mesa, it is truly one of the circles of hell. There is no crossing near the airport - you must go either east or west of TIJ before encountering a U.S. port of entry. And then you must wait the requisite length of time needed to cross the border, which even with SENTRI can be hours instead of minutes.

Cross Border Xpress exists SOLELY for TIJ-bound passengers with boarding passes. No one else may use it. This is to ensure that passengers flying from the airport have an express-entry into the airport and back into the U.S.

Try driving instructions from Tijuana airport to a location in San Diego, and you'll see what kind of torturous winding route you'll have to deal with...

classicjets

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:15 pm

I bought tickets via the US website today and it still made the phone number formatting weird, but no problem to complete the purchase. I bought the cheapest fare level and was still offered the 20% discount on CBX tickets.

PSAatSAN4Ever
Topic Author

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:31 pm

classicjets wrote:
I bought tickets via the US website today and it still made the phone number formatting weird, but no problem to complete the purchase. I bought the cheapest fare level and was still offered the 20% discount on CBX tickets.

It is utterly bewildering to me that the phone number system alone could be the source of the problem; however, it is even more mind-blowing that still has the potential for further problems. This isn't a 1995 test version of a website being run from someone's garage; this is a 21st century website that should never have had the problem to begin with. If your website designer can't enter a foreign phone number properly, you're not getting your money's worth.

However, as long as the purchases get made, who really cares how the phone number is entered?