Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

8herveg
Topic Author

Do Virgin Atlantic still fly from Gatwick - Tobago? I can't seem to book flights on their website!

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:38 am

Trying to book flights from Gatwick to Tobago on Virgin Atlantic, on the VS website but all the dates I put in (and I selected the option for flexible dates too), it comes up with the following sign:

'Sorry, no flights are available for that search. As some flights don't operate every day, try selecting flexible dates or nearby airports to see more availability.#101639R'

Have they stopped operating these flights? They used to operate via Antigua, didn't they?

SeanM1997

Re: Do Virgin Atlantic still fly from Gatwick - Tobago? I can't seem to book flights on their website!

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 am

It operates via St Lucia on Sundays only I believe, shifting to via Antigua from June 2020

BA777FO

Re: Do Virgin Atlantic still fly from Gatwick - Tobago? I can't seem to book flights on their website!

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:57 am

BA fly to TAB from LGW via Antigua once or twice per week depending on time of year, usually Fridays. Some very reasonable fares to be had if you're flexible with dates.

8herveg
Topic Author

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:58 am

SeanM1997 wrote:
It operates via St Lucia on Sundays only I believe, shifting to via Antigua from June 2020

Nope, still doesn't come on their website. I checked for a random Sundays in January and February. Although I have since checked on their schedules, and the flight exists.

But also, do you know if by selecting the 'Flexible Dates' option, it shows you more than 3 days either side? (which most airline websites do). As if the flight only operates 1 x weekly (which most non-aviation enthusiasts wouldn't know), VS could potentially be missing out on passengers if the results don't show that it just operates on Sundays. If that makes sense?

3AWM

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:59 am

You don't have to book online. You can call reservations and ask about availability.

The number is +44 (0)344 874 7747

skipness1E

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:16 am

Winter 2019 :

VS98 10:40 TAB-UVF-LGW Mon Thu
So departs UK on Sun and Wed returns next day. BA departs Mondays.

BA2256 09:45 TAB-ANU-LGW Tue

8herveg
Topic Author

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:21 am

3AWM wrote:
You don't have to book online. You can call reservations and ask about availability.

The number is +44 (0)344 874 7747

I know, but it's just strange that it doesn't come up online. Pretty terrible that it doesn't come up. If it's sold out, it would say. But there's obviously a glitch in the system.

MIflyer12

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:43 pm

You don't mention your date range.

FCAFLYBOY

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:03 pm

In Amadeus I'm seeing flights on Wednesday and Sunday - the VS website needs you to put the right dates of flights in, or I find it doesn't like it, so try that maybe? These are bookable in GDS.

BA777FO

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:32 pm

Virgin is cancelling St. Lucia soon. Perhaps the Tobago shuttle goes with it?

8herveg
Topic Author

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:33 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
You don't mention your date range.

I'm not actually looking for a specific date. I'm pretty open. But I checked random Sundays in December, January, February, March and April and no results came up - just that message.

MIflyer12

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:59 pm

TAB-LON works for me on the virginatlantic.com site for December travel. Ops 1 Dec, 4 Dec...

trintocan

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:05 pm

VS fly twice weekly from LGW to TAB via UVF on Sun and Wed in the winter and on Sun only during the summer. Their website is slightly confusing as TAB tends to be listed under Trinidad - VS do not serve POS as such. TAB - UVF is not bookable.

BA fly twice weekly LGW to TAB via ANU year-round, in the winter the days of operation are Mon and Fri (in the summer they are Tue and Fri). The shuttles between ANU and TAB are bookable.

Trintocan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

Cunard

Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:28 am

BA777FO wrote:
Virgin is cancelling St. Lucia soon. Perhaps the Tobago shuttle goes with it?

It's already been mentioned upthread that once St Lucia is cancelled from June 2020 Tobago will operate via Antigua.

The cancellation of St Lucia and the Tobago flight operating via Antigua has already been discussed in previous threads regarding Virgin Atlantic.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

BA777FO

Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Cunard wrote:
The cancellation of St Lucia and the Tobago flight operating via Antigua has already been discussed in previous threads regarding Virgin Atlantic.

Thanks. That's probably why I missed it. Ever since we changed crew hotels in Antigua and St. Lucia I've stopped bidding for them and don't go to or keep up with the Caribbean schedules anymore.