tapairbus370
Topic Author

Which event will join together the biggest number of head of state planes in the same place at the same time?

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:04 pm

Hello,

The tittle says it all.

Which will be the biggest event, let´s say... in the next 20 years for example, that will concentrate the biggest number of head of state or representatives and of course their presidential/state air transportation?

For example for me it will be the funeral of some president, ex- president or monarch. (not wishing the dead of anyone of course, but life it´s life)

It will be interesting to see a lot of state planes together.

Fuling

Re: Which event will join together the biggest number of head of state planes in the same place at the same time?

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:40 pm

I'd say G20 brings the most together. Taking BNE in 2014 as an example, we got some pretty cool primary and support aircraft.
https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/ ... 0-traffic/

tapairbus370
Topic Author

Re: Which event will join together the biggest number of head of state planes in the same place at the same time?

Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Fuling wrote:
I'd say G20 brings the most together. Taking BNE in 2014 as an example, we got some pretty cool primary and support aircraft.
https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/ ... 0-traffic/

Okay, but don´t you really think that, for example, the funeral of Queen Elizabeth will have more than 20 heads of state ?
(honest question, not trying to offend anyone)

blueflyer

Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:10 pm

If we're conflating heads of state, heads of government, and their representative, I'd say without a doubt the event where we find the most of is the annual general debate session of the UN General Assembly. That doesn't necessarily translate in the most state transport planes in a single location, however. NY airports are so constrained for space planes are sent as far away as IAD to park after dropping off their (in)famous passengers.

If we focus on heads of state exclusively, I'd think the UN still comes first, and the funerals of queen Elizabeth probably second. They will undoubtedly bring in well more than 20 heads of state to London (1). Just like NY though, it's doubtful all their planes will be in the same airport.

(1) More than 20 heads of state, including queen Elizabeth and emperor Akihito, attended the funerals of the king of Belgium.... so for Elizabeth, I'd expect half the planet's heads of state to show up (notwithstanding the fact she is head of state of a few countries).
All Hail King Donald

TexStones

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:02 pm

tapairbus370 wrote:
Okay, but don´t you really think that, for example, the funeral of Queen Elizabeth will have more than 20 heads of state ?
(honest question, not trying to offend anyone)

This is the correct answer. While hopefully still many years in the future, the funeral of QEII will likely be the largest gathering of heads of state ever. By extension, it will be the largest gathering of HoS aircraft.