TryToFlySomeday
Topic Author

Trying to help my future-cousin-in-law's relatives get from DEL to MSN

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:57 pm

They're not flying into MSN directly because it's expensive (the only option I believe to MSN is DEL-EWR-MSN on UA), but I'm advising my future-cousin-in-law on how to get his relatives from DEL to MSN via either MKE or ORD.

What'd you do?

I presented them with either AC or AI; with AC flying into MKE via YYZ, and AI flying into ORD nonstop from DEL. Which of the two is better overall? What else should I consider?

I'm a little hesitant to tell them to go on AI because of their bad reputation, but they are also much cheaper than AC and nonstop into ORD, which is 2.5 hours drive from MSN.

AC would take them up to MKE, which is a 1.5 hour drive from MSN.
Pakistani American born and raised near CHI (ORD/MDW). Relatives are from both India and Pakistan

StormRider

Re: Trying to help my future-cousin-in-law's relatives get from DEL to MSN

Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:36 am

If you do not mind a 2 stopper and you are so bothered by AI reputation , DEL-AMS-MSP-MSN seems good (KLM and DL)

debonair

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:05 am

TryToFlySomeday wrote:
I presented them with either AC or AI; with AC flying into MKE via YYZ, and AI flying into ORD nonstop from DEL. Which of the two is better overall? What else should I consider?

From my own experience, immigration in ORD can be a nightmare - taken as much time as the flight. :silly: Normally, immigration ex Canada is a much smoother affair. Also, given the financial situation and selling process, the future of AI is not the brightest - so I would only buy tickets (for the moment) on AI only on short notice (for the next couple of month) and not well in the future! :twocents:

Kno

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:22 pm

Nonstop to ORD sounds like the best idea. ORD is only 1.5 hr from MSN anyway and trying to get to MSN or MKE always leaves you stranded if there are any issues with delays.

PSAatSAN4Ever

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Lufthansa is usually one of the most reliable connecting airlines to India. I would recommend India-FRA or MUC-Chicago.

TryToFlySomeday
Topic Author

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:47 pm

[quote=“StormRider”]If you do not mind a 2 stopper and you are so bothered by AI reputation , DEL-AMS-MSP-MSN seems good (KLM and DL)[/quote]
I wouldn’t mind a 2 stopper but this isn’t me who’s traveling. It’s my soon-to-be cousin-in-law’s relatives. I don’t know if they’d want a 2 stop

[quote=“debonair”]

From my own experience, immigration in ORD can be a nightmare - taken as much time as the flight. :silly: Normally, immigration ex Canada is a much smoother affair. Also, given the financial situation and selling process, the future of AI is not the brightest - so I would only buy tickets (for the moment) on AI only on short notice (for the next couple of month) and not well in the future! :twocents:[/quote]
That’s what I was concerned about. My cousin-in-law wants to put them on AI cause they’re cheaper and nonstop, but then there’s a risk that his relatives won’t make it to his wedding with my cousin.
Pakistani American born and raised near CHI (ORD/MDW). Relatives are from both India and Pakistan