FriscoHeavy
Topic Author
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Checked Bags from DFW-DOH-CPT Fiasco

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:45 pm

Just a bit of a rant.

We flew DFW-DOH leg today and continuing onto Cape Town in the morning (approximately 15 hour layover).

We intended on just sending our luggage to DOH, picking it up and taking it to hotel. At check in, we were informed we had to send the bags all the way to CPT, so we were those people sitting at the check in counter trying to find a few things to carry on to wear once we got here.

I thought with a 15 hour layover, we’d for sure be able to pick up our stuff in Doha. Grrr

All I can say is it better be on our connecting flight to Cape Town in the morning.

Is there any way to confirm at DOH in the morning when we arrive for out next leg if the bags made it to DOH and/or on the next leg to CPT?
Whatever
 
Fuling
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Checked Bags from DFW-DOH-CPT Fiasco

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:29 am

Check your baggage receipt. It should have those details. Alternatively, try asking a transfer or CS desk in Doha.
 
FriscoHeavy
Topic Author
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: Checked Bags from DFW-DOH-CPT Fiasco

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:58 am

Fuling wrote:
Check your baggage receipt. It should have those details. Alternatively, try asking a transfer or CS desk in Doha.


I did. It just says ‘luggage checked-in at DFW’. There are no real details, unfortunately.
Whatever
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 607
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: Checked Bags from DFW-DOH-CPT Fiasco

Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:47 am

FriscoHeavy wrote:
Is there any way to confirm at DOH in the morning when we arrive for out next leg if the bags made it to DOH and/or on the next leg to CPT?

Your gate agent for the CPT flight should be able to confirm it.
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B77E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood
 
FriscoHeavy
Topic Author
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: Checked Bags from DFW-DOH-CPT Fiasco

Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:50 am

KLMatSJC wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:
Is there any way to confirm at DOH in the morning when we arrive for out next leg if the bags made it to DOH and/or on the next leg to CPT?

Your gate agent for the CPT flight should be able to confirm it.


Thank you. I asked the check in desk at the airport and she confirmed they were present ‘and already loaded’. I take it to mean already loaded on the container.

Fingers crossed!
Whatever
 
StormRider
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:12 pm

Re: Checked Bags from DFW-DOH-CPT Fiasco

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:33 am

Your baggage receipt has a number on the bar-code . You can track your bags on the airline website using your baggage number (I assume QR - https://haqiba.qatarairways.com.qa/Haqiba for missed/status of baggage)
 
FriscoHeavy
Topic Author
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: Checked Bags from DFW-DOH-CPT Fiasco

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:29 pm

StormRider wrote:
Your baggage receipt has a number on the bar-code . You can track your bags on the airline website using your baggage number (I assume QR - https://haqiba.qatarairways.com.qa/Haqiba for missed/status of baggage)



Thanks buddy. Unfortunately, it didn’t give me any info when I checked it.

Fortunately, we just arrived and all 4 checked bags made it, so worry is over.

Ultimately, it’s my fault for not reading the layover rules and checked bags.

I worried for nothing, but was just frustrated learning about the situation at check in. I was the dumb dumb.
Whatever
 
debonair
Posts: 3645
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Checked Bags from DFW-DOH-CPT Fiasco

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:54 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
Ultimately, it’s my fault for not reading the layover rules and checked bags.

I worried for nothing, but was just frustrated learning about the situation at check in. I was the dumb dumb.


Still I hope you had a pleasant flight on QATAR. Don't blame yourself to much, that would have happened even to me... I am working at the airport and never heard of such rules. All the major airlines I handle are allowing short-cutting to an interim stop. Thank you that I learned a lesson as well!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos