FriscoHeavy
Topic Author

Checked Bags from DFW-DOH-CPT Fiasco

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:45 pm

Just a bit of a rant.

We flew DFW-DOH leg today and continuing onto Cape Town in the morning (approximately 15 hour layover).

We intended on just sending our luggage to DOH, picking it up and taking it to hotel. At check in, we were informed we had to send the bags all the way to CPT, so we were those people sitting at the check in counter trying to find a few things to carry on to wear once we got here.

I thought with a 15 hour layover, we’d for sure be able to pick up our stuff in Doha. Grrr

All I can say is it better be on our connecting flight to Cape Town in the morning.

Is there any way to confirm at DOH in the morning when we arrive for out next leg if the bags made it to DOH and/or on the next leg to CPT?
Whatever

Fuling

Re: Checked Bags from DFW-DOH-CPT Fiasco

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:29 am

Check your baggage receipt. It should have those details. Alternatively, try asking a transfer or CS desk in Doha.

FriscoHeavy
Topic Author

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:58 am

Fuling wrote:
Check your baggage receipt. It should have those details. Alternatively, try asking a transfer or CS desk in Doha.

I did. It just says ‘luggage checked-in at DFW’. There are no real details, unfortunately.
Whatever

KLMatSJC

Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:47 am

FriscoHeavy wrote:
Is there any way to confirm at DOH in the morning when we arrive for out next leg if the bags made it to DOH and/or on the next leg to CPT?

Your gate agent for the CPT flight should be able to confirm it.
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B77E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood

FriscoHeavy
Topic Author

Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:50 am

KLMatSJC wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:

Your gate agent for the CPT flight should be able to confirm it.

Thank you. I asked the check in desk at the airport and she confirmed they were present ‘and already loaded’. I take it to mean already loaded on the container.

Fingers crossed!
Whatever

StormRider

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:33 am

Your baggage receipt has a number on the bar-code . You can track your bags on the airline website using your baggage number (I assume QR - https://haqiba.qatarairways.com.qa/Haqiba for missed/status of baggage)

FriscoHeavy
Topic Author

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:29 pm

StormRider wrote:
Your baggage receipt has a number on the bar-code . You can track your bags on the airline website using your baggage number (I assume QR - https://haqiba.qatarairways.com.qa/Haqiba for missed/status of baggage)

Thanks buddy. Unfortunately, it didn’t give me any info when I checked it.

Fortunately, we just arrived and all 4 checked bags made it, so worry is over.

Ultimately, it’s my fault for not reading the layover rules and checked bags.

I worried for nothing, but was just frustrated learning about the situation at check in. I was the dumb dumb.
Whatever

debonair

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:54 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
Ultimately, it’s my fault for not reading the layover rules and checked bags.

I worried for nothing, but was just frustrated learning about the situation at check in. I was the dumb dumb.

Still I hope you had a pleasant flight on QATAR. Don't blame yourself to much, that would have happened even to me... I am working at the airport and never heard of such rules. All the major airlines I handle are allowing short-cutting to an interim stop. Thank you that I learned a lesson as well!