andygarrett
Topic Author

Flights coming from Europe today

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Does anyone have any information on why European air carrier flights are coming from Europe today? Flightradar24 is showing BA, AF, VA, and several other carriers. "News" organizations are saying no flights are coming today.

Reason I am asking is I am scheduled for Wednesday on Air France out of Miami. One "report" said AF was cancelling flights to Miami, Boston and Houston. The AF website still shows the flight as on time and that I can't get a refund as it hasn't been "canceled" (I have a rather pricey ticket as I got the best seat on the A-380). I don't know when I would reschedule within their time-frame as I have other plans.

Any information and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Arion640

Re: Flights coming from Europe today

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:24 pm

Coming from Europe?

Would help if you specified in the title which country you mean. Not every forum member lives in the USA.

Assume your flight is still operating until you hear otherwise but prepare for the worst.

BA and Virgin will still operate as the UK isn’t in the travel ban yet.
1973-2020

Delta777Jet

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Flights are coming from Europe because :

- BA/VS are flying because the UK and British people are still allowed to fly to the US ( for whatever reason because they are as much affected as everyone else)

- LH/LX/OS are still flying to ORD and LH/LX still to EWR and SN to IAD! All other flights are cancelled !
They can still carry connecting passengers and American citizens and Flight Crews can still carry passengers

- American carriers are still flying certain flights too for the time being !
I still miss Trans World Airlines and the L-1011

eta unknown

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:28 pm

mugler

Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:28 pm

I heard some airlines are bringing as many US citizens/residents back to the US as possible hence the flights. From MIA today so far:

AY 007 - HEL-MIA CXL
AZ 630 - FCO-MIA CXL
LH 460 - MUC-MIA CXL
LH 462 - FRA-MIA CXL
LX 64 - ZRH-MIA- CXL
LX 66 - ZRH-MIA CXL
SS 918 - ORY-MIA CXL
UX 097 - MAD-MIA CXL
VS 117 - LHR-MIA CXL

IB, AA, BA, VS (1 flight), LO, SK, AF and some others are still operating today.

andygarrett
Topic Author

Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:33 pm

eta unknown wrote:

Thanks. I have that, it's just not showing how to get a refund as I have a non-refundable ticket (La Premier).

Some clarification came from the press conference of the VP's task force. Flights from England and Ireland will be suspended Monday.

andygarrett
Topic Author

Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Arion640 wrote:
Coming from Europe?

Would help if you specified in the title which country you mean. Not every forum member lives in the USA.

Assume your flight is still operating until you hear otherwise but prepare for the worst.

BA and Virgin will still operate as the UK isn’t in the travel ban yet.

France: AF 90 in flight CDG to MIA now. Guess we'll see how long this goes on for. I guess my concern now is if AF flies Wednesday, do they expect me to show up if I the flight isn't cancelled and won't give me a refund.

Thanks to all for your answers.

ChrisKen

Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:14 pm

Airlines can still fly, it's the passengers that have the restrictions (which vary according to nationality, origin and recently visited countries). You'll still see flights going over the pond.

@Andygarrett - If the flight is cancelled or you cannot travel due to government level travel restrictions Air France have no choice but to give you a refund/reschedule* (*as appropriate to you). You could also claim under EU Regulation 261/2004. At the time of writing, only US residents/citizens can travel on that flight (CDG-MIA) if it operates, you're entitled to a full refund or to reschedule. Give them a call or drop them a line.

Edit: just spotted you're doing the reverse. Good luck with US consumer law regarding a refund, although I suspect it'll be tied to whatever the current US government advice is regarding travel to France for the given time period. As for just not turning up, AF won't be bothered = standard no show. The best bet is to give them a call/drop them a line.

PI4EVR

Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:08 pm

Review the updated Air France US website as of March 14 for rebooking/cancellation/refund/voucher process for travel prior to March 31.
It clearly outlines your options if you have purchased a refundable or nonrefundable ticket and wish to rebook or cancel your trip. This link includes a form to submit for refund as their call volume is high and likely difficult to speak with an agent as most airlines are experiencing right now.