Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

PSAatSAN4Ever
Topic Author

Need Help To "Postpone" Upcoming Volaris Trip

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:48 pm

I am not sure what to do in this age of restricted travel.

I have an upcoming Volaris trip scheduled, but cross-border USA-Mexico tourist travel is prohibited, so April's trip is obviously off the table.

I need to postpone this trip, but the only option Volaris offers is to reschedule the trip with specific dates. This seems irresponsible to me, as there is no idea known as to when this situation will normalize itself to even guesstimate when a rescheduling can occur. How am I supposed to know when?

Were this Southwest Airlines, I would be able to simply postpone my trip and reschedule later. I'd like to do that here - anyone have any thoughts on what to do?

Thanks for any and all replies!

DesertAir

Re: Need Help To "Postpone" Upcoming Volaris Trip

Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:22 pm

Good morning,
I went to their internet page and read their alerts. Mexico is extending the social distancing to April 30th, so I suggest booking after this date. They have removed the change fees, so you change your dates without extra charges. Their phone lines are saturated so calling does not seem like a good option at this time. If they cancel your flight they will put your money in an electronic account for future use. Good Luck.