Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

filipinoavgeek
Topic Author

Simple Flying and the A380

Fri May 22, 2020 4:40 am

I understand that the website doesn't have the best reputation here on A.net, but for a while I've noticed that they've been one of the most pro-A380 websites on the internet. Most of their coverage about the A380 is positive and even when they do report negative news they try to spin it in a positive light, not to mention how they seem to try to find as much positive news about the A380 as possible (an example would be https://simpleflying.com/british-airways-airbus-a380-manila/). As far as I can tell most aviation websites and blogs aren't like that and even when the sites do have a positive opinion of the A380 overall they also tend to be frank about its commercial failure. What makes Simple Flying take its particular stance compared to other websites?

VSMUT

Re: Simple Flying and the A380

Fri May 22, 2020 6:09 am

I don't really see what is wrong with the article. The A380 is a quiet aircraft and good for the traveling public, the article reflects that.

I'm not a fan of simple flying, they tend to be rather sensationalist, but I don't see anything wrong in what they report here.

PatrickZ80

Fri May 22, 2020 6:36 am

Of course it's got to do with the personal opinion of the redactor, if he/she is an A380 fan that reflects on the content of the articles. And as long as it's not straight-out lies, that's allowed.

It wouldn't be my choice either, but other than just not reading it I don't really care much.

eurotrader85

Fri May 22, 2020 12:33 pm

I actually don't mind Simple Flying, although I get why many on a.net roll their eyes at it. They regurgitate news already in the public domain and put a fan boy spin on everything. And that is not just for the A380 but almost everything, sometimes even with a few factual mistakes. But I don't mind all that. If you can see it for what it is you can also take the positive spin out of the journalism. Too many people, especially on here, are too negative about it all. They are happy, so just be happy for them :D Life is too short to beat everyone up all the time.