Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
sk736
Topic Author
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:47 am

Airways Magazine Question

Sun May 31, 2020 5:53 pm

Has Airways Magazine gone bi-monthly? Since they released their new app last two issues seem to be bi-monthly, even though my iTunes account is still being billed monthly...and the latest issue isn’t even showing in the app!
 
User avatar
bluestreak
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:17 am

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Sun May 31, 2020 9:48 pm

From what I understand, they are only publishing 10 issues a year. Two months each year will have a bi-monthly issue. It seems I read this in an issue last year, which started with the March/April issue.
"Well, we barely made the airport, for the last plane out, as we taxied down the runway, I could hear the people shout"
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7009
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Sun May 31, 2020 11:38 pm

sk736 wrote:
Has Airways Magazine gone bi-monthly? Since they released their new app last two issues seem to be bi-monthly, even though my iTunes account is still being billed monthly...and the latest issue isn’t even showing in the app!


Can't say for sure yet. See with future issues if they keep coming every two months or more often: https://airwaysmag.com/product-category/backissues/

Back in the '90s Airways used to be published six times a year.
 
Max Q
Posts: 8438
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:07 am

I’ve been a subscriber since day one but seriously considered dropping them after reading their massively biased ‘history’ of Continental


It was nothing but a relentless disparagement of Cal, the merger and how much better legacy UA was


I was really disgusted, the editor obviously has a personal axe to grind against Continental which was a great airline with great employees



He should have known better
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.


GGg
 
flyboy7974
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:35 pm

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:14 am

sk736 wrote:
Has Airways Magazine gone bi-monthly? Since they released their new app last two issues seem to be bi-monthly, even though my iTunes account is still being billed monthly...and the latest issue isn’t even showing in the app!


Last issue I received was the MAR/APR, anybody received anything since?
 
steveinbc
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:29 am

Max Q wrote:
I’ve been a subscriber since day one but seriously considered dropping them after reading their massively biased ‘history’ of Continental


It was nothing but a relentless disparagement of Cal, the merger and how much better legacy UA was


I was really disgusted, the editor obviously has a personal axe to grind against Continental which was a great airline with great employees



He should have known better


Agreed. There's nothing doubt in my mind that Continental was the best of the big US carriers....great service in my experience
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72
 
Max Q
Posts: 8438
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:05 pm

steveinbc wrote:
Max Q wrote:
I’ve been a subscriber since day one but seriously considered dropping them after reading their massively biased ‘history’ of Continental


It was nothing but a relentless disparagement of Cal, the merger and how much better legacy UA was


I was really disgusted, the editor obviously has a personal axe to grind against Continental which was a great airline with great employees



He should have known better


Agreed. There's nothing doubt in my mind that Continental was the best of the big US carriers....great service in my experience



Thanks for that Steve and best wishes
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.


GGg
 
User avatar
NWAESC
Posts: 1583
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:32 pm

flyboy7974 wrote:
Last issue I received was the MAR/APR, anybody received anything since?


I haven't seen anything yet...
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."
 
flyboy7974
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:35 pm

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:56 pm

NWAESC wrote:
flyboy7974 wrote:
Last issue I received was the MAR/APR, anybody received anything since?


I haven't seen anything yet...[/quote

My MAY/JUN arrived today
 
b4thefall
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:32 am

I remember as a teen in the early 90's waiting eagerly for Airways or Airliners magazines to show up in my local newsagent. I believe my first issue of Airliners was the summer 93 one, with a picture of a DC-3 on the cover? I'm going from memory here so could be wrong.

Those pre internet days were a different time indeed. Used to read my magazines cover to cover many times over. I was starved for information. Today's internet was unimaginable to me then.

Sorry for the off topic aside lol . A flood of memories just came back at the mention of the magazines I used to buy.
 
User avatar
NWAESC
Posts: 1583
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:00 pm

Airliners took a weird sideways turn right before their demise...
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."
 
User avatar
jaybird
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2001 4:23 am

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:22 am

Magazines rarely arrive on time here. Last print is March/April. The app has May/June.
 
StlHsvSfoSan
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:48 pm

I got my May/Jun Airways yesterday and Airports Of The World the day before. I haven't received any Airliner World or AW&ST issues lately, though.
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: Airways Magazine Question

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:21 pm

bluestreak wrote:
From what I understand, they are only publishing 10 issues a year. Two months each year will have a bi-monthly issue. It seems I read this in an issue last year, which started with the March/April issue.

As I understood it, they combined March/April and May/June because of the virus situation causing the printing to get backlogged or something. They would have to evaluate the situation to determine if any more would go this route or not.
Captain Kevin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], PatrickZ80 and 34 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos