Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

crownvic
Topic Author

Delta Not Answering Phones!

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:38 am

So, I have been trying to reach this airline for 3 days now over the 5th schedule change they have imposed on me in the past month for a July trip. I have attempted reaching the Platinum and Diamond lines since Friday and even though they say expected waiting times are 2 minutes, nobody ever picks up. When they ask you for your number to make a call back, they don't call you back. Last night, I was on hold for 3 hours and they never answered. Does anyone have a any suggestions how to reach this airline? Their last schedule change has rendered the trip useless, but cancelling the trip and re-booking on a new itinerary results in a higher fare or or a higher mileage award, so I need to speak to somebody. While I understand that COVID-19 has put stress on airlines, but to have zero customer service is taking things a bit far.

KFTG

Re: Delta Not Answering Phones!

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:41 am

All of the agents on leave make more money on unemployment than they do working for the company.
Until July 31 when PUA expires, I doubt the situation will improve much.

ajlombardi2

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:41 am

call their singapore office. i got thru last night. very helpful

WN732

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:43 am

I had the same issue. I used the text feature on the app. It took forever but it finally worked out.

n7371f

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:14 am

Uhhhhhhhh....

Delta has admitted internally it allowed too many phone res/agents to take leaves and it's put them in a bind. I know first hand. Had a 9 hour call back time the other week on the Diamond line. It's not good. The leaves expire at the end of this month and the problem should be quickly resolved.

But your comment about unemployment is ridiculously uninformed. And the US Gov rules for employment expire at the end of September.

KFTG wrote:
All of the agents on leave make more money on unemployment than they do working for the company.

BTV290

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:24 am

n7371f wrote:
Uhhhhhhhh....

Delta has admitted internally it allowed too many phone res/agents to take leaves and it's put them in a bind. I know first hand. Had a 9 hour call back time the other week on the Diamond line. It's not good. The leaves expire at the end of this month and the problem should be quickly resolved.

But your comment about unemployment is ridiculously uninformed. And the US Gov rules for employment expire at the end of September.

KFTG wrote:

No that's actually true. The people on leave in most states are making more whilst out than they would be at work. At several airports, people have been involuntarily called back from leave in July and they're angry because they're going to be making less money.
You're correct that the payroll protection rules expire at the end of September. What KFTG is talking about is the additional $600 federal per week that you make on unemployment right now. That's done as of 7/31. So come 8/1, everyone on leave and claiming unemployment will go back to making less than they would at work, so many people are choosing to come back.

usflyer msp

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:24 am

n7371f wrote:
Uhhhhhhhh....

KFTG wrote:

He's talking about the extra $600 a week everyone is getting. Basically everyone making less than 50K a year is making more sitting at home.

crownvic
Topic Author

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:27 am

For an airline like Delta, that has always seemed to have it's act together, they really botched this up. While some of your suggestions above will be tried, it's a bit ridiculous to not be able to talk to somebody, if you are having a problem with scheduling problem, that they created.

SkyVoice

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:54 am

This thread has run off the rails! Why don't we try to help this guy? O.K., I haven't flown Delta during this coronavirus pandemic, but I got some help from them during big-time irregular ops last year by calling their help desk at 1-855-548-2505. I left my cellphone number for them to call back, and they did, in far less time than it would have been by trying the regular lines. I also have a card from them that reads "or tweet us @DeltaAssist".

Sometimes, when I haven't been able to get through to an airline or a hotel, I have had success by dialing the numbers of one of their former merger partners. In this case, here are some of Northwest's old numbers . . .1-800-225-2525, 1-800-692-7000, and 1-800-421-5222. You can try those & if they don't work, you won't be any worse off than you are now. Good luck, crownvic, I wish you well.

--SkyVoice, former Delta Connection Ticker & Gate Agent
"Facing a crisis does not not build one's character, it reveals it."

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

- Robert H. Schuller

IPFreely

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:07 am

This is more or less a duplicate thread of the one last week about Delta not answering the phone:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1447483

ITSTours

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:08 am

Extremely frustrating indeed. They are not even letting me wait for the call. They downright hang up the call.

crownvic
Topic Author

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:57 am

SkyVoice wrote:
This thread has run off the rails! Why don't we try to help this guy? O.K., I haven't flown Delta during this coronavirus pandemic, but I got some help from them during big-time irregular ops last year by calling their help desk at 1-855-548-2505. I left my cellphone number for them to call back, and they did, in far less time than it would have been by trying the regular lines. I also have a card from them that reads "or tweet us @DeltaAssist".

Sometimes, when I haven't been able to get through to an airline or a hotel, I have had success by dialing the numbers of one of their former merger partners. In this case, here are some of Northwest's old numbers . . .1-800-225-2525, 1-800-692-7000, and 1-800-421-5222. You can try those & if they don't work, you won't be any worse off than you are now. Good luck, crownvic, I wish you well.

I tend to not use Twitter, so I will be trying everyone's suggestions. Maybe one of them will get me through. Thanks for your help.

ITSTours

Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:29 am

crownvic wrote:
SkyVoice wrote:

I tend to not use Twitter, so I will be trying everyone's suggestions. Maybe one of them will get me through. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for contacting Delta Air Lines. We are currently servicing our Social customers through our Secure Messaging service and are temporarily not responding in this channel. Between 6AM and 11PM ET you can connect to a messaging representative through desktop, Android, and Apple devices using the links below. It may take a few seconds for a messaging window to load. For some desktop users the window may appear at the bottom of your screen.

This is what you get when you use Twitter DM. Don't waste your time.

NYCAAer

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:46 am

If you never get through, it’s an extreme thing to do, but you could contact the Attorney General of the state where you reside. My problem was apples compared to oranges in your case, but my gym was charging me my monthly dues even though it’s been closed for 3 months, as they were with other members as well. The Attorney General of NY State went after them because I guess her office got so many emails and calls, and now they don’t dare try to hit us with a bill while they’re closed. If your ticket is going to cost you more through no fault of your own, it doesn’t sound like good business practice, and inform the Better Business Bureau, too.

picarus

Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:33 am

I experienced the same frustration as you trying to work through cancellation for an international trip with my family. It took some detective work, but I found a number for the 'passenger refunds' department--800.847.0578. I encountered a short hold, but the agent was awesome and squared away a full refund for me. Hours are 8a-7p (EST) M-F.

Good luck!

hOMSaR

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Thread has drifted off topic and will be locked. There is also another, similar thread already created on this topic.
I was raised by a cup of coffee.