Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Pottok
Topic Author

American Airlines Boeing 767-300ER Hawaii Configuration?

Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Hello,

Thank you very much for the DC 10 responses. In the 2000 what was the registration of the Boieng 767-300 ER who have a Hawaii confifiguration ? (32 F + 195 Y).
Last edited by atcsundevil on Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title for clarity

cathay747

Re: American Airlines Boeing 767-300ER Hawaii Configuration?

Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:50 pm

MODS: you guys really need to get on the same page. WHY was this thread moved to "Travel, Polls & Preferences"? That makes no sense, and the same OP's thread asking the same thing about AA DC-10-10's wasn't moved. And I'm posting this question/critique because I've seen other threads moved to the same "Travel, Polls & Preferences" folder when it also didn't make sense.
Try a Little VC-10derness

cathay747

Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:55 pm

Pottok wrote:
Hello,

Thank you very much for the DC 10 responses. In the 2000 what was the registration of the Boieng 767-300 ER who have a Hawaii confifiguration ? (32 F + 195 Y).

I'm not aware that AA had a special config./sub-fleet of 763ER's for Hawaii like they did with the DC-10's. AFAIK the only 767's where AA had more than one config. were the -200ER's, on which they had a domestic F/Y config. and int'l. F/J/Y config. (which, like the DC-10-10's, were also used for "American Flagship Service" 3-class domestic trans-con. premium routes such as JFK-LAX/SFO & IAD-LAX). I know at least in 2010, when I flew DFW-HNL roundtrip, the 763ER's were just "standard" int'l. airplanes...no special config.

ERAUMBA

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:31 am

Pottok wrote:
Hello,

Why are you asking questions about something from two decades ago that has no particular relevance? There are two possible answers:

Yes, that’s the configuration.

And

No, that’s not the configuration.

Either which way you accept an answer, these 767’s you write about have been retired and are no longer configured the way they were 20 years ago.

jaysan

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:54 am

I'm not aware that AA had a special config./sub-fleet of 763ER's for Hawaii like they did with the DC-10's. AFAIK the only 767's where AA had more than one config. were the -200ER's, on which they had a domestic F/Y config. and int'l. F/J/Y config. (which, like the DC-10-10's, were also used for "American Flagship Service" 3-class domestic trans-con. premium routes such as JFK-LAX/SFO & IAD-LAX). I know at least in 2010, when I flew DFW-HNL roundtrip, the 763ER's were just "standard" int'l. airplanes...no special config.

The 3 class 762 also flew JFK/SJC for a while back in the early 2000's. There was also a sub fleet of 3 class A300 that flew JFK/LHR. I believe it was tails 068 to 074.

N649DL

Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:17 am

The AA 763ER took over for the D10 around 2000 to Hawaii. There may have been a specific configuration for these missions, but I can confirm I did DFW-HNL-LAX on AA 763 in 2002 and they had the newer seats and a large J cabin. They did have the old cloth-based dividers though. The configuration seemed no different than flying the same plane in J in 2007 on DFW-LAX. AA just marketed the change to HI as part of the "MRTC" launch is what I'm thinking.

What's crazy to think about back then is AA flew STL-HNL as well on 763. Likely on their own metal by 2002 (not TWA).

departedflights

Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:27 pm

cathay747 wrote:
MODS: you guys really need to get on the same page. WHY was this thread moved to "Travel, Polls & Preferences"? That makes no sense, and the same OP's thread asking the same thing about AA DC-10-10's wasn't moved. And I'm posting this question/critique because I've seen other threads moved to the same "Travel, Polls & Preferences" folder when it also didn't make sense.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have tried to address this issue several times with the mods. It is very frustrating. If you read the description of what "Travel, Polls & Preferences" is supposed to be about, many topics end up moved here that don't belong.

"Opinion-based discussions about aviation. The best, worst, biggest, smallest. Or seeking advice as to a preferred carrier for a trip you are planning, etc."

The OP is NOT asking for an opinion or seeking advice. He or she is asking a fact-based question.
The opinions are expressed are my own and do not represent those of anyone else, including my coworkers or my employer.

DDR

Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:57 am

There were no specially configured 767 aircraft for Hawaii. These aircraft rotated across the system. They did not just do HNL or OGG turns.

Transpac787

Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:14 am

ERAUMBA wrote:
Why are you asking questions about something from two decades ago that has no particular relevance? Either which way you accept an answer, these 767’s you write about have been retired and are no longer configured the way they were 20 years ago.

Because it's possible for people to be interested in years past, not just the present day.

It's baffling that you joined a civil aviation website to criticize others for their own particular interest in it.

DDR wrote:
There were no specially configured 767 aircraft for Hawaii. These aircraft rotated across the system. They did not just do HNL or OGG turns.

Actually, there were. Those aircraft did *not* rotate across the system, but were used on high density Hawaii and domestic flights.

http://departedflights.com/AA7630901.html

Unfortunately I do not have the tail numbers that received that particular configuration.

airportugal310

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:13 pm

Transpac787 wrote:
ERAUMBA wrote:
Why are you asking questions about something from two decades ago that has no particular relevance? Either which way you accept an answer, these 767’s you write about have been retired and are no longer configured the way they were 20 years ago.

Because it's possible for people to be interested in years past, not just the present day.

It's baffling that you joined a civil aviation website to criticize others for their own particular interest in it.

DDR wrote:

Actually, there were. Those aircraft did *not* rotate across the system, but were used on high density Hawaii and domestic flights.

Unfortunately I do not have the tail numbers that received that particular configuration.

Apparently people with ERAU "MBA's" have a huge chip on their shoulder that they just can't get over. This posters style is rather aggressive all over the forum, and always unwarranted at that
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

travelsonic

Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:35 pm

airportugal310 wrote:
DDR wrote:

I wonder what seats were used in F - whether they were old seats akin to the 80s and 90s domestic F, the business and first intl. Weber 7502 seats (aka the "woolly mammoths"), or one of the newer seats.

airportugal310 wrote:
Apparently people with ERAU "MBA's" have a huge chip on their shoulder that they just can't get over. This posters style is rather aggressive all over the forum, and always unwarranted at that

No kidding... sheesh, who upper-deckered in his coffee maker the morning he made that post? :lol:

travelsonic

Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:31 am

(pardon the double-post)
N649DL wrote:
What's crazy to think about back then is AA flew STL-HNL as well on 763. Likely on their own metal by 2002 (not TWA).

I wonder if it would depend on what part of 2002 we're talking about. I traveled STL-OGG in March of that year, and it was TWA metal, for instance (yeah I know you were talking HNL but I thought it still relevant as it was out of STL and to Hawaii and in 2002 :) ).

N649DL

Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:56 am

travelsonic wrote:
(pardon the double-post)
N649DL wrote:

I wonder if it would depend on what part of 2002 we're talking about. I traveled STL-OGG in March of that year, and it was TWA metal, for instance (yeah I know you were talking HNL but I thought it still relevant as it was out of STL and to Hawaii and in 2002 :) ).

I flew the DFW-HNL route in August 2002 and I think they might've been on legacy AA 763 to HNL by then, including to STL. Again *maybe* as it would be hard to track that down haha.

travelsonic

Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:04 pm

N649DL wrote:
travelsonic wrote:
(pardon the double-post)
N649DL wrote:

I flew the DFW-HNL route in August 2002 and I think they might've been on legacy AA 763 to HNL by then, including to STL. Again *maybe* as it would be hard to track that down haha.

In terms of the aircraft registrations used on particular routes, on given days? I'd imagine you could use something like the Bureau of Statistics website https://www.transtats.bts.gov/ONTIME/Departures.aspx to find that out (though flights from 1994 and earlier don't have registration numbers listed).

N649DL

Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:29 pm

travelsonic wrote:
N649DL wrote:
travelsonic wrote:
(pardon the double-post)

In terms of the aircraft registrations used on particular routes, on given days? I'd imagine you could use something like the Bureau of Statistics website https://www.transtats.bts.gov/ONTIME/Departures.aspx to find that out (though flights from 1994 and earlier don't have registration numbers listed).

Whoa, holy s*it never seen this site before. There are a ton of other routes I wanna check out as well. Thank you so much for this!

cathay747

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:45 pm

travelsonic wrote:
N649DL wrote:
travelsonic wrote:
(pardon the double-post)

THANK YOU for that website! HOLY CRAP! This will now be may fail-safe/fallback when I can't get a reg. # for my flight log! Never knew of this site before. Wow.

KLMatSJC

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:55 pm

N649DL wrote:
Whoa, holy s*it never seen this site before. There are a ton of other routes I wanna check out as well. Thank you so much for this!

cathay747 wrote:
THANK YOU for that website! HOLY CRAP! This will now be may fail-safe/fallback when I can't get a reg. # for my flight log! Never knew of this site before. Wow.

This website uses the same data, but makes it in a much easier-to-use format

http://wandr.me/bts
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B772/E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood

travelsonic

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:41 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
N649DL wrote:

cathay747 wrote:

This website uses the same data, but makes it in a much easier-to-use format

http://wandr.me/bts

Though I PERSONALLY prefer the layout for searching for data that the BTS site itself has, always good to have more options IMO. ^_^

Do know though that the minimum date using this site is 1-1-1995, if you don't care about finding aircraft registration numbers (since the BTS' data seems to only have that from 1995 onward), just things like scheduled departure time, actual departure time, delay time, etc, the BTS on time statistics page is better if you want to find that info for flights going all the way back to 1987.

departedflights

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:43 pm

travelsonic wrote:

Oh man.... this is awesome! I just pulled up all of the departures for the first day I worked as a ticket agent back in the 90s.

Thanks for sharing!
The opinions are expressed are my own and do not represent those of anyone else, including my coworkers or my employer.