Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Delta777Jet
Topic Author

Who want to fly the Max when it’s back ?

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:06 pm

I am wondering who really wants to fly on the -Max once it’s back in the air?

I have friends working for Southwest as crew and they said they would refuse it.

Are airlines going to advise passengers about it?

Will it have an impact on bookings?

Me personally I am not going to fly on it if I can avoid it!

Your thoughts ?
I still miss Trans World Airlines and the L-1011

FriscoHeavy

Re: Who want to fly the Max when it’s back ?

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:09 pm

I am and can’t wait.

To ‘refuse to fly it’ is pure sensationalism and silliness.

And if people at the airline refuse to fly it, tbey won’t be working there long.
Whatever

PlymSpotter

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:22 pm

Outside of aviation, nobody that I know, willingly as a 1st choice. My non aviation friends tend to save up their questions until they see me, and it's a blizzard of 'my booking says 737, will I be on this new plane that keep crashing?'

I can think of seven lead passengers I know who avoided flying TUI for their coming trips, just incase they ended up on a MAX. They all booked with easyJet or Wizz so there was 0% chance of a 737 turning up - I found this particularity interesting as they had researched this themselves.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

IPFreely

Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:18 am

FriscoHeavy wrote:
I am and can’t wait.

To ‘refuse to fly it’ is pure sensationalism and silliness.

And if people at the airline refuse to fly it, tbey won’t be working there long.

Do you really believe the OP's post is factual?

VSMUT

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:55 pm

Let's wait and see what happens. IMO, it won't be back in service in the US for at another 6 months. In Europe and Asia, who knows, but I suspect Boeing will be forced to do more changes in order to pass it there.

Personally I will let others do the proving to start with, but then again, my frequent flyer cards are all tied to carriers who don't have the 737MAX, so it is easy enough for me to say that.

PatrickZ80

Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:25 pm

Delta777Jet wrote:

So you're refusing to fly on what will be the safest plane on earth and opt to fly on a possibly less safe aircraft instead. That makes sense.....

Indeed before the MAX was grounded it had some safety issues, however they have been addressed and resolved. On top of that, the 737MAX has been inspected far more thoroughly than any other type of aircraft. Every issue that has been found, no matter how tiny, has been fixed. On other aircraft that haven't been inspected this thorough, such tiny issues might have been overlooked and thus not fixed. But on the 737MAX they have.

I wouldn't fly on a 737MAX the way it was before the groundings, but those don't exist anymore. The 737MAX that will fly after the groundings will be a whole other aircraft. As I said, it's been tested so thorough that it will be the safest plane on earth. Not that other aircraft are unsafe, but they might have some minor issues. The 737MAX won't have them.

When the 737MAX is back and it's adapted to meet all the new requirements, I definitely want to fly it.

FriscoHeavy

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:06 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
Delta777Jet wrote:

So you're refusing to fly on what will be the safest plane on earth and opt to fly on a possibly less safe aircraft instead. That makes sense.....

Indeed before the MAX was grounded it had some safety issues, however they have been addressed and resolved. On top of that, the 737MAX has been inspected far more thoroughly than any other type of aircraft. Every issue that has been found, no matter how tiny, has been fixed. On other aircraft that haven't been inspected this thorough, such tiny issues might have been overlooked and thus not fixed. But on the 737MAX they have.

I wouldn't fly on a 737MAX the way it was before the groundings, but those don't exist anymore. The 737MAX that will fly after the groundings will be a whole other aircraft. As I said, it's been tested so thorough that it will be the safest plane on earth. Not that other aircraft are unsafe, but they might have some minor issues. The 737MAX won't have them.

When the 737MAX is back and it's adapted to meet all the new requirements, I definitely want to fly it.

Very well said, sir. You are 100% correct.

The people who are irrationally scared to fly the MAX are the same ones who irrationally fear the corona. Folks that are scared of their own shadows.

I can’t wait to fly the MAX for my first time.
Whatever

PatrickZ80

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:52 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
The people who are irrationally scared to fly the MAX are the same ones who irrationally fear the corona.

Corona is actually something to watch out for, but that's another discussion. Corona is dangerous, flying the MAX isn't.

Boeing757100

Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:02 pm

I am not refusing to fly on it because it crashed and all, I refuse to fly it because Boeing had prior knowledge and could've saved 300+ lives. I don't want to fly on it because I am sad at the loss of those innocent people.
Going to ATL airport in 2019 is like being in 2013
Going to ATL airport in 2010 is like being in 2000
Going to ATL airport in 1998 is like being in 1988
Going to ATL airport in 2035 is like watching paint dry

thebunkerparodi

Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:25 pm

if I could I would(the only flight I had was on a span air airbus A320 or A321 ,it was verry long ago[before 2009 since the gift got I still have got the old logo]) I know they fixed quite a bit of flaw ,so it mean the aircraft is more reliable.

TheWorm123

Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:16 pm

PlymSpotter wrote:
Outside of aviation, nobody that I know, willingly as a 1st choice. My non aviation friends tend to save up their questions until they see me, and it's a blizzard of 'my booking says 737, will I be on this new plane that keep crashing?'

I can think of seven lead passengers I know who avoided flying TUI for their coming trips, just incase they ended up on a MAX. They all booked with easyJet or Wizz so there was 0% chance of a 737 turning up - I found this particularity interesting as they had researched this themselves.

If they managed to avoid Jet2 as a result of that research, I think they may need to be enlightened on the difference between 737-800 and 737-8 :mrgreen:
B752 B753 A332 A321 B738

LTEN11

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:14 pm

Boeing757100 wrote:
I am not refusing to fly on it because it crashed and all, I refuse to fly it because Boeing had prior knowledge and could've saved 300+ lives. I don't want to fly on it because I am sad at the loss of those innocent people.

Just curious, do you also refuse to fly on other 737 models, or the 717, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787 ?

Personally, I'll have no qualms flying on it, I tend to avoid airlines rather than aircraft types. Maybe the chinese aircraft will be the exception there, well until at least they are proven safe and reliable, though I think that may well be a moot point as I can't see to many of them operating outside of China and I'm in no hurry to get back to China.

acavpics

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:20 pm

I'll wait a few months after operations start. If it starts flying in Feb or March, and we don't hear any complaints or concerns, then I wouldn't mind flying on it during the summer.

MartijnNL

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:44 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:

So far the MAX has a terrible safety record. The type is still grounded. Calling the updated version the safest plane on earth, while it has never flown in commercial service, is completely ridiculous. Maybe after 25 years you could say that. The MAX got 346 passengers killed in less than two years. Compare that to 0 dead passengers in 25 years for the almost 1,500 Airbus A319's.

PayrickZ80 wrote:
Indeed before the MAX was grounded it had some safety issues, however they have been addressed and resolved.

It had some safety issues?! You mean some catastrofic design faults? This thing should have never been build in the first place.

PatrickZ80 wrote:

I don't. I prefer the 737NG. And other aircraft types.

FriscoHeavy wrote:

Only time will tell. So far the MAX has been a total failure.

FriscoHeavy wrote:

Why? What's so great about it? The 3-3 economy seating? The tight seat pitch? The incredible small lavatories?

I can easily wait the rest of my life. I am not interested in travelling on the MAX at all. There are plenty of other, more comfortable aircraft types to choose from.

PlymSpotter

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:58 pm

TheWorm123 wrote:
PlymSpotter wrote:

If they managed to avoid Jet2 as a result of that research, I think they may need to be enlightened on the difference between 737-800 and 737-8 :mrgreen:

This is a function of living a couple of miles from LGW, and ergo 50 odd miles from Jet2's nearest base at STN. But, the name '737' is still associated with several recent accidents and some people feel more comfortable avoiding the type completely.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

johns624

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:07 pm

MartijnNL wrote:
Compare that to 0 dead passengers in 25 years for the almost 1,500 Airbus A319's.

Nice cherrypicking. Why didn't you include the A320, the lead type of the series?

MartijnNL

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:11 pm

Because I read about the A319 in a recent thread here.

MartijnNL

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:16 pm

The A319 has to be one of the safest aircraft types on the planet with these statistics. It will take the MAX a very, very long time to achieve a similar record. To call the updated MAX the safest plane is just insane at the moment.

bohica

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:25 pm

People flew on the DC-10 after it was grounded. People flew on the 787 after it was grounded. People will fly on the 737 MAX after it's returned to service.

luckyone

Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:36 am

MartijnNL wrote:
The A319 has to be one of the safest aircraft types on the planet with these statistics. It will take the MAX a very, very long time to achieve a similar record. To call the updated MAX the safest plane is just insane at the moment.

The “A319” is effectively identical from a mechanical and operations perspective to the other members of the A320ceo family. If you don’t believe me, ask an Airbus sales rep.

1,393 people have died in an accident involving the Airbus A320 family. About 9,500 have been built so far.

767 have died in accidents involving the 737NG family, the most technically and time wise appropriate analogue to the A320ceo family. Approximately 7,000 have been built.
The 737 Classics, of which about 2,000 were built, had about 1,100 fatalities.

N649DL

Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:38 am

No intention. I've read enough articles and watched enough YouTube videos which demonstrated how corrupt Boeing's handling of the MAX was from the get-go. AA's pilots warned them during testing and they outright ignored it. In terms of design, it seemed like was such a rushed and crappy idea that went to market only to compete with Airbus and the 321 NEO. The 739ER was already pushing the 737 frame to it's limits, IMHO.

bgm

Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:46 am

FriscoHeavy wrote:
The people who are irrationally scared to fly the MAX are the same ones who irrationally fear the corona. Folks that are scared of their own shadows.

The families of 185,000+ in the US and the families of the 346 who died on the 737 MAX beg to differ. :sarcastic:

I will not set foot on this awful aircraft where possible. If others want to, then so be it.

afterburner

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:20 am

PatrickZ80 wrote:
Delta777Jet wrote:

This is a sarcasm, right?

I believe 737MAX will better after it is allowed to fly again. But how much better? It will be safer. But how much safer? A complex machinery like an aircraft will always have problems. If I have to fly on it I won't refuse. But I am definitely not looking forward to fly on one. It's just another 737 after all.

VSMUT

Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:53 am

PatrickZ80 wrote:
Delta777Jet wrote:

Saying it will be the safest plane in the world is taking it too far. It won't suffer from MCAS issues any more, but the 737 still has deep issues that have been allowed due to grandfathering rights. There is the persistent issue that they still break apart on hard landings. The crash-worthiness of the floor is still not up to modern requirements. Boeing is still plagued by quality control issues. The doors wouldn't be certified on a new design today. We know they cut corners during the development, they still find new issues from time to time. You don't know if more issues will crop up in the future.

I will probably describe it as safe when it returns to service, but an aircraft that is behind on standards designed keep it's occupants alive if an exhausted pilot overruns the runway on landing can never be described as "the safest plane on earth".

afterburner

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:54 am

luckyone wrote:
1,393 people have died in an accident involving the Airbus A320 family. About 9,500 have been built so far.

767 have died in accidents involving the 737NG family, the most technically and time wise appropriate analogue to the A320ceo family. Approximately 7,000 have been built.
The 737 Classics, of which about 2,000 were built, had about 1,100 fatalities.

The first flight of A320 was in 1987. Only three years after the first flight of 737 Classic. The 737 NG first flight was in 1997. So, A320 should be compared to both 737 Classic and NG.

tomaheath

Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:04 am

I would of never stopped flying on it.

Avgeek21

Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:27 am

I'd fly one with my family without hesitation. It's one of the most scrutinised planes currently and now safe. History is history an no need to dwell and compare. We are general public and others are in charge of looking at what happened, what needs to change and who needs to get punished. Let's look forward and enjoy the aircraft coming back and saving jobs and the environment.

Boeing will keep the MAX branding and airlines themselves will use the 737-7, -8, -9 and -10.

bfitzflyer

Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:37 pm

i don;t think I would take a flight on it immediately, but over time I am sure I will. Thinking back on the DC-10, eventually that became an airplane I loved flying on, so there is hope...

DALMD80

Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:51 pm

I have to say, I'm not going to go to great lengths to fly on it, but I am excited to fly it when it happens to be available.
The 757-200 with Rolls Royce engines in the US Airways livery is the ultimate in airliner beauty,

Boeing757100

Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:39 pm

LTEN11 wrote:
Boeing757100 wrote:

Just curious, do you also refuse to fly on other 737 models, or the 717, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787 ?

Personally, I'll have no qualms flying on it, I tend to avoid airlines rather than aircraft types. Maybe the chinese aircraft will be the exception there, well until at least they are proven safe and reliable, though I think that may well be a moot point as I can't see to many of them operating outside of China and I'm in no hurry to get back to China.

No, I am completely fine with the other Boeings because at least Boeing was persistent and was the actual Boeing back then.

FGITD

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:32 pm

Boeing757100 wrote:
LTEN11 wrote:
Boeing757100 wrote:

No, I am completely fine with the other Boeings because at least Boeing was persistent and was the actual Boeing back then.

Boeing has had similar problems for most of their existence. It's a hardly a new or unique thing, just the MAX really brought it out

e38

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:56 pm

Quoting Boeing757100 (Reply # 30), "No, I am completely fine with the other Boeings because at least Boeing was persistent and was the actual Boeing back then."

What a statement! The actual Boeing back then? Back when?

Is the Boeing company that manufactures the 737 different than the Boeing company that manufactures the 777, 787, etc. ?

I thought it was the same company--Boeing.

e38

e38

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:57 pm

deleted. Duplicate post in error

LTEN11

Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:50 am

e38 wrote:
Quoting Boeing757100 (Reply # 30), "No, I am completely fine with the other Boeings because at least Boeing was persistent and was the actual Boeing back then."

What a statement! The actual Boeing back then? Back when?

Is the Boeing company that manufactures the 737 different than the Boeing company that manufactures the 777, 787, etc. ?

I thought it was the same company--Boeing.

e38

Precisely my thoughts, it's the same company.

The MAX issues were a disappointment for a company such as Boeing, though realistically they are a product of the times, where shareholder returns and company stock price are the only thing that matters. Hopefully the company has learnt its lesson and can get back to being a respected leader in aerospace technology. Otherwise the loss of life mostly, along with the huge financial cost will have been wasted.

max999

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:36 am

Perhaps a better question to ask would be: would you go out of your way to fly the MAX when it's back in the air?
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

B6JFKH81

Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:01 pm

I've never been a huge fan of the 737 from a passenger perspective, but if that is the fleet type operating my flight, it is what it is. No difference between Jurassic/Classic/NG/MAX, whatever shows up at my gate to take me where I need to go is what I'm boarding unless I see an obvious MX issue from the boarding area LOL.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

LyleLanley

Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:47 am

Depends: is a flight on the MAX cheaper than a flight on its competition?
"I've sold monorails to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook, and, by gum, it put them on the map!"

Rossiya747

Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Hopefully someone starts flying them transatlantic again, preferably a budget airline.
223 319 320 321 332 333 346 388 734 737 738 739 38M 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 77W 788 789 208 UA DL AA WN AC CM 4O AV 2K FI DY D8 SK LH EI FR U2 IB OS LX BA VS BT PS MS SA SW QR EY HY AI 9W TG SQ MH AK D7 QZ BR NH CA QF MI LV/IB VY AL G4 LX OS

TheFlyingDisk

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:06 am

Boeing757100 wrote:
LTEN11 wrote:
Boeing757100 wrote:

The Boeing that designed the MAX was the same Boeing that designed the 787. So isn't it irrational that you're okay with flying the 787 but not the MAX, especially considering that it too was grounded by the authorities?

Personally, I'm with LTEN11 - I avoid airlines rather than the planes itself. So I'm definitely not flying Lion Air, but I'll fly on a MAX once it enters service.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

Boeing757100

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:42 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Boeing757100 wrote:
LTEN11 wrote:

The Boeing that designed the MAX was the same Boeing that designed the 787. So isn't it irrational that you're okay with flying the 787 but not the MAX, especially considering that it too was grounded by the authorities?

Personally, I'm with LTEN11 - I avoid airlines rather than the planes itself. So I'm definitely not flying Lion Air, but I'll fly on a MAX once it enters service.

My bad. I meant all the other Boeings, not the 787. I forgot he said the 787.

steveinbc

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:45 am

I have millions of miles flown over the last three decades and I say this from a voice of experience. I flew the Max the day prior to it being banned in Canadian airspace. Air Canada from Puerto Vallarta Mexico to Vancouver British Columbia. When we took off I recall a "porpoising" take off and I vividly recall saying how odd it felt. Given the FAA embarrassment over its original approval, I would determine that the next approval will most likely be more stringent than required by the letter of f the regulations. So I think that it will be OK. That said, who knows if there's an inherent flaw in the design that is "deep seated" and only ever exposed on the fringes of the envelope during test. Regardless, I will likely avoid the aircraft for at least six months after recertification
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72

klm617

Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:47 pm

I have no issue with the MAX8 same thing as flying the Electra and DC-10s after their issue. I am more concerned about pilot proficiency than the airplane itself. All airman should be able to hand fly aircraft out of danger when the aircraft is still flyable but sadly they are relying to much on the automated systems to get them out of trouble.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

Aptivaboy

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:02 pm

No, not for some time, anyway. After all of the drama surrounding this plane, I just want to see it in regular, safe service for a period of time. There exists the real possibility that all of the kinks still haven't been ironed out, and other issues may come to light through regular service. These will likely be minor hiccups once the major issues are fully fixed, but I just feel safer waiting.

jayawarda

Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:22 am

I will just say this: i flew the Max a few times before there were any crashes and i just felt odd and didn't like it.

It wasn't the vacuum-cleaner sound of the engine that bothered me , but rather on several flights the takeoff climbs seemed to involve unusually high nose pitches and the whole climb sequence felt weird.

I remember being excited before boarding to see the Max-9 snd Max-8 logos.

Personally, i normally go on any third world airliner that has 2 wings visibly attached, do I won't be squeamish due to that (been on worse).

But I wouldn't actively look for one.

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:12 am

The biggest question is one no one seems to be asking here.

What does anyone gain from flying in a 737 MAX?

There will never a route where that is the sole option. And by extension, any route where it is the least cost prohibitive option.

While I marvel at the sheer idiocy of the people attempting to loft a "what are you, chicken?" argument —if such a thing can be called that— the truth is that there is no reason to take a stupid risk like that. What does anyone lose from not flying in a MAX? The answer is a hard nothing.

And there is no doubting that the upper echelons of BCA's developmental teams —who are not the same people that designed that failure— feel more or less the same way about it. The risk of what happens the next time one of those falls out of the sky is incredible. The litigious fallout would by itself be worse for BCA than COVID. And there would not be sales to fix that. Even before C19 struck, the MAX was already on the ropes in what should have otherwise been a bumper year for sales.

As for comparing it to the DC-10... No, not the same at all. Most of the DC-10's issues were not actually design related and there were well documented cases of poor maintenance and less than ideal understandings of its operations at the training level. In fact, the one incident that was design related occured long after its reputational damage was already done.

In any case, most airlines removed any reference to A/C type around the 10, and even after the safety issues were addressed —as in actually addressed, not offering a weak patch and applying pressure to the authorities— it still was not enough to save the program. As well, the amount of book-away that would have further occurred had all that happened in a society with the huge upgrades we have had in information distribution would only have made things far worse.

People here make the mistake of assuming that because we are enthusiasts, our opinions on whether or not a plane is safe are somehow more valid than the general public's at large. That is not how business works. At all. Every tiny little event the 737MAX has, from here on out, every gate call, every operator issue, every time a tire pops from a hard landing, whatever... We may count on that being hyped to a degree that it is really not worth dealing with.

That could be mitigated —not avoided— if BCA were willing to design in the the basic redundancies that their competitors have. And then making very public what they have done, and using that as an explanation as to why the MAX title is dropped. To wit, being able to point to something that is actually and functionally different, rather than just trying to sweep it under the rug. But I do not see BCA as being willing to invest that sort of money for safety improvements.

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Interesting you bring that one up. The wiring issues for the ELT Battery that caused a fire on ET's ET-AOP could very easily have happened in flight. Ditto the other battery issues ANA have dealt with. These are not trivial failings, nor was there any maturation related issues that could have excused them.

I understand they have been worked out and it is now fine. But that is not the case for the MAX, as none of the proposed solutions fully address the the inherent stability issues that require an MCAS in the 1st place. Nor have have they addressed the primary flaw, lack of sufficient redundancy. While the system is present as well for the KC-46, that does not have the same Single Point Failure issues.

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Nothing inherently wrong with that position. But it was not simply a matter of an Operator Issue. And frankly, no design should ever come down to that.

MartijnNL wrote:
So far the MAX has a terrible safety record. The type is still grounded. Calling the updated version the safest plane on earth, while it has never flown in commercial service, is completely ridiculous. Maybe after 25 years you could say that. The MAX got 346 passengers killed in less than two years. Compare that to 0 dead passengers in 25 years for the almost 1,500 Airbus A319's.

The fatalities per PAX air mile flown on the MAX are literally greater than the fatalities per road mile driven due to DUI/DWI/OUI the US for each of the last ten years running. You literally have better odds getting in a car with a drunk driver.
Well, you know what they say. Whatever doesn't kill you...
... Must not be an MD-11.

DocLightning

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:41 pm

I'll be giving the MAX at least a year in service before I board one. I think if it can get through a year in service in reasonable numbers, then I'll feel more comfortable.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

CitizenJustin

Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:33 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:
Delta777Jet wrote:

Irrationally fear corona? Entire families have been wiped out and over 200,000 people have died in the US alone. There’s a reason we have a fear. It keeps us alive. The people who’re downplaying it or the so called “rational” ones are why this has turned into the nightmare we see today.

jplatts

Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:12 am

I did want to fly on a 737 MAX back in 2017 before the JT 610 crash, ET 310 crash, or the discovery of significant safety issues on the 737 MAX, but I would not want to fly on a 737 MAX until the safety issues on the 737 MAX have been properly addressed.

IPFreely

Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:08 am

jayawarda wrote:
I will just say this: i flew the Max a few times before there were any crashes and i just felt odd and didn't like it.

It wasn't the vacuum-cleaner sound of the engine that bothered me , but rather on several flights the takeoff climbs seemed to involve unusually high nose pitches and the whole climb sequence felt weird.

Posters and posts like this really show why this should never have become a free site.

Kno

Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:12 am

I would avoid it - but not because of safety.

I’d avoid it because most airlines are putting a horrible configuration in them and I’m bored to death of 737s of any kind