Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

amax1977
Topic Author

What's your opinion about Bare Foot Pax

Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:47 pm

Hey pals,

Ok, imagine you bought yourself an expensive business class ticket and the passenger sitting next to you takes off his shoes and sucks displaying his stinky ugly feet! I personally think taking off shoes and sucks on an airplane is a disrespectful act to the other pax. Of course, there are exceptions... Exceptions like ladies with clean and beautiful pedicured feet. I don't have any problem with those ladies. But a guy with ugly and stinky feet taking off his shoes and sucks it not bearable! What's your opinion about this?

Cheers!
Al

zrs70

Re: What's your opinion about Bare Foot Pax

Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:56 pm

My opinion is that you should learn how to spell “socks.”
21 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2021

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:10 pm

Some people aren’t fit for civilization

amax1977
Topic Author

Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:30 pm

zrs70 wrote:
My opinion is that you should learn how to spell “socks.”

Very constructive opinion! Thanks :)

UARNO88

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:28 pm

Years ago flew from MIA to LAX up front on a UA 777 and there was some dude barefoot and clipping his toenails across the aisle. So wanted to say something about his piggish behavior.

eastafspot

Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:16 pm

Some airlines provide amenity kits with socks in J, and some i guess even in Y class
Fly with Air Burundi, Air Tanzania, Golden Wings Aviation, Kenya Airways, RwandAir and Uganda Airlines...Jumuiya ya Afrika mashariki !

klm617

Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 pm

I think if a passenger pays full business class fare than he should be able to do that. It's funny how you think it's OK for women but not men kind of takes the creditability out of your argument. Would it be OK with you if a man did this with clean and pedicured feet ?
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

PITingres

Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:38 am

amax1977 wrote:
Hey pals,

Ok, imagine you bought yourself an expensive business class ticket and the passenger sitting next to you takes off his shoes and sucks displaying his stinky ugly feet! I personally think taking off shoes and sucks on an airplane is a disrespectful act to the other pax. Of course, there are exceptions... Exceptions like ladies with clean and beautiful pedicured feet. I don't have any problem with those ladies. But a guy with ugly and stinky feet taking off his shoes and sucks it not bearable! What's your opinion about this?

Cheers!
Al

I think that if you're in business class, you have enough room to not be poking your nose into your neighbor's business.

In economy, it sort of depends on the situation. I take my shoes off on long flights because long haul cabins are so often overheated; but I take them off before they have a chance to get all hot and stinky. For shorter flights, unless I have a fair amount of room to myself, I won't usually bother. But there again, if you're that sensitive to the sight of male feet, maybe you ought to bring more distraction material for yourself the next time you fly.
Fly, you fools! Fly!

VSMUT

Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:05 am

In business, definitely. There's enough space. Business class passengers pay big money for the comfort, which includes sleeping with bare feet if they feel like it.

Just don't stick them onto armrests, seatbacks or near other passengers.

amax1977 wrote:
Of course, there are exceptions... Exceptions like ladies with clean and beautiful pedicured feet. I don't have any problem with those ladies. But a guy with ugly and stinky feet taking off his shoes and sucks it not bearable! What's your opinion about this?

Cheers!
Al

That sounds incredibly sexist.

IMO, seek out some help OP, maybe a psychologist. It isn't natural to be so afraid of feet, or to have such ideas about womens feet.

TheFlyingDisk

Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:39 am

It's uncomfortable sleeping with your shoes on.

So if you're flying long haul in Business class, isn't it logical to take one's shoes off?
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

aklrno

Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:32 am

When I’m in a lay flat business class seat in a modern more or less private pod I change into pajamas and take off shoes and socks to go to sleep. I am covered by a blanket and put shoes on to use the lav. Hope you aren’t offended but that’s why I paid for a bed.

amax1977
Topic Author

Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:24 am

I apologize pals... in my previous post I think I didn’t express myself well... Earlier today I was on this 3-hour flight on a A320 with domestic seat configuration where the feet of the gentleman who sat next to me had very bad smell. Of course if you’re on a flatbed seat there would be more space and privacy between the seats. But, in my today’s flight the seats were small and space and privacy was very limited. I think in the comment that I posted earlier I was just trying to understand what the proper flying manners etiquette rules are (just like table manners)! Etiquette rules like:
- Keep elbows within your seat space when the armrest is shared.
- Don’t recline seat on economy class.
- Keep the fart for the toilet.
- Use a headphone if watching something on the phone or on tablet.
- Don’t speak too loud.
- and so on...

So, my main point here was in your opinion should “if feet are dirty and sticky, keep them in socks on flights that space and privacy is limited” be included on the manners list?

Cheers!

klm617

Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:39 pm

amax1977 wrote:
I apologize pals... in my previous post I think I didn’t express myself well... Earlier today I was on this 3-hour flight on a A320 with domestic seat configuration where the feet of the gentleman who sat next to me had very bad smell. Of course if you’re on a flatbed seat there would be more space and privacy between the seats. But, in my today’s flight the seats were small and space and privacy was very limited. I think in the comment that I posted earlier I was just trying to understand what the proper flying manners etiquette rules are (just like table manners)! Etiquette rules like:
- Keep elbows within your seat space when the armrest is shared.
- Don’t recline seat on economy class.
- Keep the fart for the toilet.
- Use a headphone if watching something on the phone or on tablet.
- Don’t speak too loud.
- and so on...

So, my main point here was in your opinion should “if feet are dirty and sticky, keep them in socks on flights that space and privacy is limited” be included on the manners list?

Cheers!

First of all 2 things many people no a days have no manners when in public it's just the way of the world second econmy class seasts are not pricey at all so you're going to get all kinds don't work yourself up over it. Also if I'm flying econmy i'm reclinng my seat it's a feature that is offered. We need to stop blaming passenger for this and start attacking the airlines for giving it's customers so little space. If you don't lke when someone reclines their seat there are higher fare classes that can be bought up to give you more space. It's not the customers fault because the airline tries to cram more seats in a plane.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

T18

Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:02 pm

If you won't be served at Micky Ds without short or shoes, I see no reason you should expect an air carrier to permit you aboard. Leaving aside the possibility that one may need to evacuate from an accident at some point, it makes very little sense to travel much of anywhere outside the home barefooted.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

Boeing757100

Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:36 pm

amax1977 wrote:
Exceptions like ladies with clean and beautiful pedicured feet. I don't have any problem with those ladies. But a guy with ugly and stinky feet taking off his shoes and sucks it not bearable! What's your opinion about this?

Cheers!
Al

What is so exceptional about ladies' clean/pedicured feet? The soles of the feet are the most germ exposed area on the external body, even more than the palms of the hands. It is disgusting either way.
Boeing is re-engining the 707 tonight, with Shinkai as the CEO and FLAIRPORT as the CFO. He has the 757 tooling in giant snowglobe that tracks flights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub82Xb1 ... iceboxHero

klm617

Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:58 pm

T18 wrote:
If you won't be served at Micky Ds without short or shoes, I see no reason you should expect an air carrier to permit you aboard. Leaving aside the possibility that one may need to evacuate from an accident at some point, it makes very little sense to travel much of anywhere outside the home barefooted.

Then the the cabin crew needs to enforce that.

T18

Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:13 am

klm617 wrote:
T18 wrote:

I would hope the gate agent wouldn't let them get to the plane at all to be honest.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

klm617

Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:39 am

T18 wrote:
klm617 wrote:
T18 wrote:

I would hope the gate agent wouldn't let them get to the plane at all to be honest.

Yes but the gate agent doesn't know if they board and take their shoes off once on the plane.

September11

Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:09 am

In flight emergency, shoes required
Airliners.net of the Future

PatrickZ80

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:30 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
It's uncomfortable sleeping with your shoes on.

So if you're flying long haul in Business class, isn't it logical to take one's shoes off?

I'm fine with passengers taking off their shoes, but at least keep on your socks. There's a difference between socks and bare feet.

fallap

Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:05 pm

What about men with clean and beautiful pedicured feet?
Ex grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M
Now studying Political Science

Flanker7

Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:20 pm

Its sucks when the take off their socks.
Flying blue only if possible

TheWorm123

Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:19 am

Why do I get the distinct impression that this is a fetish question?

The dead giveaway being the extra positive adjectives for describing women’s feet but then the misandry when talking about mens.
B752 B753 A332 A321 B738

johns624

Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:44 pm

People can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect me. Personally, I always dress so I'm prepared to evacuate the plane on short notice. This just means I leave my shoes on, if my departure airport is covered with snow, even if I'm going to Florida, I don't wear shorts and a t-shirt, etc. So if someone is trying to find their shoes while I'm trying to get out of the plane quickly, they better be prepared to be run over.

seat1a

Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:17 pm

myabe a decade ago, cdg-sea on air france a330. i'm in business class, just about to enjoy an amazing lunch, dude walks into the lav with barefeet. sat row in front of me, then put feet on the bulkhead, though near the floor. meaty feet, with some lovely lav leftover on his dogs. ruined my pate, and the creme brule for dessert.

keep the shoes on or wear the booties!

Kno

Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:05 am

The feet aren’t the issue in my opinion.

A person who takes care of their feet and keeps them to themselves is no issue for me.

An issue is when a person puts their feet in other people’s personal space, or has crusty / smelly / unkept feet out in public, or puts their feet on the bulk head, or goes to the lavatory barefoot.

My take on the socks / no socks argument - it’s more the owner of the feet than anything. Some people are disgusting with their socks, others are clean with their bare feet. In an ideal world people would have some self awareness regarding personal hygiene in enclosed public spaces - but when you have hundreds of people in a thin metal tube it won’t be uncommon to find one or two bad apples here or there.

AirKevin

Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:05 pm

And suppose somebody's wearing sandals, then what.
Captain Kevin

klm617

Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:17 pm

johns624 wrote:
People can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect me. Personally, I always dress so I'm prepared to evacuate the plane on short notice. This just means I leave my shoes on, if my departure airport is covered with snow, even if I'm going to Florida, I don't wear shorts and a t-shirt, etc. So if someone is trying to find their shoes while I'm trying to get out of the plane quickly, they better be prepared to be run over.

Same here. I used to take my shoes of for long flights but with the limited space between rows now it's almost impossible to get your shoes back on without being a contortionist so I just leave them on now.

steveinbc

Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:25 pm

I have frequently changed into the travel socks that are provided in the business travel pack...but have always done so in the washroom. Displaying bare feet, to me, is culturally unacceptable.
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72

tigerzhong13

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:31 am

I usually change into comfortable clothes (shorts) and crocs/slippers (which avoids exposing bare feet to others) which I bring onto my plane after the seat belt sign is off if in Business. Was never embarrassed as my (bare) feet don't smell at all. If in Premium Economy or Economy then there's no such embarrassment as I board with those without hassle.

dredgy

Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:21 am

Generally don't mind if they're just having bare feet and keeping their feet in appropriate areas for feet. I have no real problem with other peoples feet. The real disgusting people are the ones who wear socks to the bathroom.

In business I usually wear socks and slippers because I compulsively take the free stuff, but I would be fine going bare foot.

n729pa

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:44 pm

If in business class carefully drop your fork on the floor.....and wait