Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
wardialer
Topic Author
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:08 pm

Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:55 am

Would like to know the reason as to why Lufthansa canceled flights from Frankfurt to Orlando?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DLH464
 
hoons90
Posts: 3950
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2001 10:15 pm

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:15 am

COVID-19
 
wardialer
Topic Author
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:08 pm

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:43 pm

Well, that is really strange, because how come they have flights to Miami?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DLH462

My suspicion is that for some odd reason they canceled flights to Orlando...Which is NOT really convenient because in that case, I would have to fly to Miami and then drive three hours to Orlando.
 
Fuling
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:58 pm

wardialer wrote:
Well, that is really strange, because how come they have flights to Miami?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DLH462

My suspicion is that for some odd reason they canceled flights to Orlando...Which is NOT really convenient because in that case, I would have to fly to Miami and then drive three hours to Orlando.


Try a connection in EWR. (LH FRA-EWR / UA EWR-MCO)
 
Kent350787
Posts: 2322
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:48 pm

MCO is primarily a tourist destination. MIA also provides business link and to the Caribbean and Central America.

In Covid times, MCO is logical to cancel.
 
wardialer
Topic Author
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:08 pm

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:03 am

Hopefully they will resume operations again in the future until this COVID thing passes. I don't plan on going now, but later in the Spring or Summer.

In case I choose to connect, will I have to collect my luggage at the connection airport and then go through customs there, or just connect and go through customs at Orlando which would be my final destination?
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 1060
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:04 pm

wardialer wrote:
In case I choose to connect, will I have to collect my luggage at the connection airport and then go through customs there, or just connect and go through customs at Orlando which would be my final destination?

Depends on where you connect. If you're connecting in the United States, you claim your luggage and clear customs at the first point of entry in the United States. You would then have to re-check your luggage and clear security again for your connecting flight.
 
Kent350787
Posts: 2322
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:26 am

[threeid][/threeid]
AirKevin wrote:
wardialer wrote:
In case I choose to connect, will I have to collect my luggage at the connection airport and then go through customs there, or just connect and go through customs at Orlando which would be my final destination?

Depends on where you connect. If you're connecting in the United States, you claim your luggage and clear customs at the first point of entry in the United States. You would then have to re-check your luggage and clear security again for your connecting flight.

Out of interest, if a person flies to Canada before onwards to the US at a port with trans-border, do you enter Canada and then enter the US in transit?
 
Fuling
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:53 am

Kent350787 wrote:
[threeid][/threeid]
AirKevin wrote:
wardialer wrote:
In case I choose to connect, will I have to collect my luggage at the connection airport and then go through customs there, or just connect and go through customs at Orlando which would be my final destination?

Depends on where you connect. If you're connecting in the United States, you claim your luggage and clear customs at the first point of entry in the United States. You would then have to re-check your luggage and clear security again for your connecting flight.

Out of interest, if a person flies to Canada before onwards to the US at a port with trans-border, do you enter Canada and then enter the US in transit?


As I recall, there's a US transfer channel, which passengers go through for US connections. They don't need to enter Canada.
 
wardialer
Topic Author
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:08 pm

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:56 am

I may have to choose from Frankfurt to Miami and then somehow take a bus to Orlando.
I know in LAX, they have (or used to) called a Fly Away bus which takes to areas of LA which are far from LAX area.
Do they have some sort of service similar to this in Miami?
 
CRJockey
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:54 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:08 am

wardialer wrote:
Well, that is really strange, because how come they have flights to Miami?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DLH462

My suspicion is that for some odd reason they canceled flights to Orlando...Which is NOT really convenient because in that case, I would have to fly to Miami and then drive three hours to Orlando.


Nothing strange about it. Miami has been by far the more important Florida destination for European carriers and LH explicitely.

And not sure where your suspicion comes from. In the light of far more important destinations all around the world which have been cancelled, a second tier tourist destination like MCO being cancelled shouldn't come as a surprise, even if you now have to drive a couple of hours.
 
IADCA
Posts: 2556
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:24 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:45 pm

wardialer wrote:
I may have to choose from Frankfurt to Miami and then somehow take a bus to Orlando.
I know in LAX, they have (or used to) called a Fly Away bus which takes to areas of LA which are far from LAX area.
Do they have some sort of service similar to this in Miami?


MIA to Orlando is like a 4.5 hour bus ride, but it does exist: https://www.redcoachusa.com/routes-information/

Why wouldn't you just connect (for example, over EWR or IAD)? You'd save a ton of time.
 
wardialer
Topic Author
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:08 pm

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:53 am

Because its very inconvenient to have to check-in my bags again and wait in line esp. during this pandemic. I hate waiting in line with all the crowds.
 
User avatar
MrHMSH
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:26 pm

BA will offer LHR-MCO service soon, and EI fly to MCO and FRA. Those may be easier than connecting in a Northeast US City, DUB has preclearance facilities as well so might be a good bet. Probably more convenient than flying to MIA and travelling to Orlando
 
debonair
Posts: 4470
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:51 pm

And CONDOR selling FRA-MCO with an interline agreements on various airline like SunCountry or Westjet, via MSP or YYZ...
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 8529
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Remember some years back LH was the only airline offering Int First Class service to MCO from FRA, almost booked a ticket. ;)
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:53 am

MrHMSH wrote:
BA will offer LHR-MCO service soon, and EI fly to MCO and FRA. Those may be easier than connecting in a Northeast US City, DUB has preclearance facilities as well so might be a good bet. Probably more convenient than flying to MIA and travelling to Orlando


I took BA on MCO-LGW and back in 2018. Nice service. Currently I don't think there's any service MCO-LON, hasn't been since March 2020.

Current restart date is May 28 for LGW-MCO. May 17 is the inaugural for LHR-MCO. Looks like both routes should run alongside each other in summer.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 4951
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:32 am

MrHMSH wrote:
BA will offer LHR-MCO service soon, and EI fly to MCO and FRA. Those may be easier than connecting in a Northeast US City, DUB has preclearance facilities as well so might be a good bet. Probably more convenient than flying to MIA and travelling to Orlando


Another option would be KLM / Delta through Amsterdam. Delta flies Orlando - Amsterdam from where KLM operates as a feeder airline. You could fly Frankfurt - Amsterdam - Orlando, which has the advantage that your luggage will be forwarded in Amsterdam. It's more convenient connecting in Amsterdam than it is anywhere in the US.
 
wardialer
Topic Author
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:08 pm

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:38 pm

AMS to MCO you still would have to connect...I checked here.
https://flightaware.com/live/findflight ... ation=KMCO
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3637
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:24 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
MrHMSH wrote:
BA will offer LHR-MCO service soon, and EI fly to MCO and FRA. Those may be easier than connecting in a Northeast US City, DUB has preclearance facilities as well so might be a good bet. Probably more convenient than flying to MIA and travelling to Orlando


Another option would be KLM / Delta through Amsterdam. Delta flies Orlando - Amsterdam from where KLM operates as a feeder airline. You could fly Frankfurt - Amsterdam - Orlando, which has the advantage that your luggage will be forwarded in Amsterdam. It's more convenient connecting in Amsterdam than it is anywhere in the US.


Delta has removed AMS-MCO through the end of its schedule. Unclear if they intend on resuming it next year.
 
IADCA
Posts: 2556
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:24 am

Re: Lufthansa - Frankfurt to Orlando canceled?

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:50 pm

wardialer wrote:
Because its very inconvenient to have to check-in my bags again and wait in line esp. during this pandemic. I hate waiting in line with all the crowds.


And you'd rather collect your luggage, move it over to the bus area, wait in line, hand it over again, and then sit on a bus (with other people) for 4 and a half hours?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PI4EVR and 13 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos