Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PITingres

Re: When where and why did you last fly pre Covid?

Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:59 am

I had two trips in 2020, one in late Jan to SXM for a working group conference, and then PIT-PHL-BHX, BHX-FRA-BHX, LHR-PIT. Left Feb 21 2020 and returned Mar 4 basically on the wings of the storm. The FRA bit was work, the rest of it was craziness to attend a village 60th birthday party for a very good friend - and then have some actual time to visit.

I've been on an airplane once since, family emergency last October PIT-DTW-TYS and drove a u-haul back; and I don't really expect to fly again until late summer. Work flying has been zeroed out. We did a two day company-wide "trial" work from home a couple days after I returned, last march, and then went into it for real the following week.

CPHS

Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:29 am

My last flight pre-covid, december 2019 BOG-CDG-CPH.
Since I flew CPH-DOH-JNB-PTE-CPT-JNB-LHR-CPH
CPH-HEL-TKU-HEL-CPH
CPH-PRA-CPH.

acavpics

Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:39 pm

My last vacation pre-COVID was from BOS to Florida for vacation in January of 2020. On New Year's day, I flew down to MIA on an AA 737. Then on the 7th, I flew back to BOS on a B6 A320. This was N595JB, the one painted in Boston Celtic's livery (Named "Lucky Blue"). How appropriate it was that this plane was carrying me on a flight to Boston :lol: :lol: .

I think this was one of the best flights I had ever had. Great crew, and the cabin had been updated with new seats and IFE. At least this means I can look back on the last of my pre-COVID flying with fondness :| .

Very much hoping to get back in the skies this summer.

Gonzalo

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:52 pm

When: january 15th, 2020
Where: Santiago de Chile
Why: well, this is the ironic part. Being an Uruguayan citizen living in northern Chile, I flew to visit my embassy at Santiago, in order to renew my passport, since I had a trip to SXM in June...which obviously never took place, now I have a brand new passport with zero stamps on it, and I’m praying for the reopening of the borders before the end of this year, hoping to finally make that long waited visit to SXM...at least I have the full dose of the vaccine so I hope I will be able to travel some day before 2022...

jplatts

Sun May 02, 2021 12:01 am

Going back home to DFW from STL on AA on November 10, 2019

F9LASDEN

Sun May 02, 2021 3:22 am

I’ve flown a fair amount during the pandemic, but my last ones before shutdowns and whatnot really went into effect were LAS-DEN on an F9 A320 on March 13, 2020 and DEN-LAS, also on an F9 A320, on March 17, 2020. Purpose of the trip was to visit family during spring break. Ended up cutting the trip short; wasn’t supposed to go back to LAS until March 22 but decided to head back and get ready to hunker down at home.

Once the pandemic was really in full swing, I took one essential flight on an AS (OO) E175 SFO-LAS on April 18 after driving a car to my mother and sister who had been stranded in Palo Alto since mid-February (my sister traveled for medical treatment and had been hospitalized at Stanford since then), and had been told by Hertz that they could not extend their rental any longer and if it wasn’t returned within a few days it would be reported stolen. My next flight after that was in early July, and I’ve flown at least once a month since then, all trips until very recently (early April of this year) involving helping family members with various stuff. I’ve flown almost every weekend for the last month visiting law school campuses in order to determine where I’ll be attending law school this coming fall.

BubbleFrog

Tue May 04, 2021 12:33 pm

28./.29. January 2020, MUC-LUX return to visit our HQ.

The husband flew ORD-CPH-MUC on 12 March 2020, about the second-to-last SK flight out after Trump announced the EU travel ban. He was supposed to stay a week longer.

ConnectAir

Tue May 04, 2021 6:05 pm

Mid- February 2020, I flew ALB-DTW-ALB with DL for my second to last medical school interview (at Oakland University/Beaumont School of Medicine). Not only did I end up getting rejected after that interview, I came down sick with the flu a few days after returning.

Now that I'm in Detroit attending a different medical school, my next few flights are going to probably be domestic VFR flights with DL and (maybe) B6, although hopefully in February 2022 once I am done sitting the first step of the US Medical Licensing Exam, things will be stable enough that I'll be able to make my first post-COVID international trip.

pwm2txlhopper

Wed May 05, 2021 2:13 pm

I’ve never stopped leisure flying this year over COVID hysteria. Vacations are are required for my mental health. In the last 13 months I’ve flown BOS-HNL-KOA. KOA-SJC-SAN. SAN-DEN-BWI-PWM. PWM-BWI-MIA, and PWM-BWI-SJU and return last week. The COVID still hasn’t gotten me.

TheFlyingDisk

Wed May 05, 2021 2:58 pm

I haven't flown in 4 years - KUL-TPE on OD.

AntonioMartin

Thu May 06, 2021 7:15 am

June of 2014 to Seattle, Washington. My brother works for Alaska so I only paid 10 dollars round trip. I just wanted to see Seattle and visit the state of Washington.

Havent been able to fly since as my dr.s recommend I solve my ongoing hypertension problems before I do again.

masi1157

Thu May 06, 2021 3:49 pm

On 5. March 2020 we went home from LPA on Norwegian. We could see Tenerife when we flew by, where there was the first hotel completely in quarantine. No other flight since then, only a long list of cancellations.

Gruß, masi1157

Gonzalo

Thu May 06, 2021 9:06 pm

AntonioMartin wrote:
June of 2014 to Seattle, Washington. My brother works for Alaska so I only paid 10 dollars round trip. I just wanted to see Seattle and visit the state of Washington.

Havent been able to fly since as my dr.s recommend I solve my ongoing hypertension problems before I do again.

With all due respect, You got me there....I have hypertension ( controlled with a daily pill ) and I took like 10 Flights a year on average, short haul mostly but also some 12+ Hours flight too....why are your doctors saying you shouldn’t fly ??? I hope you can answer to see if I’m doing something wrong !! And I hope you can fly again soon !!

Rgds.
G.

AntonioMartin

Fri May 07, 2021 1:14 am

Gonzalo wrote:
AntonioMartin wrote:

With all due respect, You got me there....I have hypertension ( controlled with a daily pill ) and I took like 10 Flights a year on average, short haul mostly but also some 12+ Hours flight too....why are your doctors saying you shouldn’t fly ??? I hope you can answer to see if I’m doing something wrong !! And I hope you can fly again soon !!

Rgds.
G.

I don't know...maybe they are worried I might have an emergency but otherwise I don't know lol

Akiestar

Fri May 07, 2021 2:38 pm

This depends on how you want me to answer the question.

The last time I flew was LAX-SMF on DL, which happened only a few days before the state shut everything down. Visited the California State Capitol, drove down to the Bay Area to see some friends, and wanted to squeeze in some short travel as I had already planned drawing down my travel anyway. (My boss was concerned at the time that I was traveling too much.)

Meanwhile, the last time I flew internationally was LAX-MNL on CI, and before that LAX-BOM on AF and KL. When I flew to BOM in late January, things still felt normal, and by the time I left India a few days later in February the country had only two COVID cases. I was actually supposed to fly DL back to try the DL One suite on BOM-JFK, but because the crew had been to China the flight was canceled and I couldn't wait until the next day. *facepalm*

By the time I flew back to MNL though later that month, people were all starting to wear masks. It was surreal.

Since the pandemic began I've mostly only been flying various permutations of LAX-PIT on DL, though I finally got a leisure trip in when I flew LAX-IAH for a friend's wedding last month. Now hoping to at least ramp up some travel again, especially as I wind down travel in exchange for hopefully owning a house someday.

alexne

Sun May 09, 2021 4:47 pm

MYR-CLT-IAD on AA at the end of February after visiting family. I've since made one trip in the COVID world, and like everyone else am itching to fly more as things begin to open up.

a320fan

Mon May 10, 2021 1:02 am

CPH-BKK-MEL on TG at the end of July 2019 after 4 months spent backpacking in Europe. First leg from CPH was in a 77W that had certainly seen better days, my window vibrated making an irritating sound for the whole flight, and some interior fittings around the L4 exit door fell off during the takeoff roll, which were just left hanging their not touched by anyone for the whole flight. BKK-MEL was on an immaculate 359, my first ride on the stunning A350.

Hadn’t flown at all since until just this last month I did MEL-SYD-MEL on VA for a week getaway. God was it good to get in the air again. Hopefully with things relatively stable in Aus I can take some more domestic trips this next year, see some new places I wouldn’t travel to usually. Perhaps even some regional destinations.

drdisque

Mon May 10, 2021 2:21 pm

I flew TPA-ATL-ORD on DL (B752 TPA-ATL and MD-88 ATL-ORD) in Early February 2020.

I'm vaccinated so I'm considering booking something soon.

Brianpr3

Fri May 14, 2021 10:34 am

rsw-jfk on b6 and jfk-rsw on dl

grozzy

Fri May 14, 2021 10:25 pm

My last flights were in March 2020. SYD-MEL return for the Melbourne Grand prix. This weekend is my first trip since, SYD-BNE on Jetstar

ACDC8

Sun May 16, 2021 8:39 pm

When: August 2019
Where: SEA-LAS
Why: Cuz its Vegas baby :bigthumbsup:
Where will me my first trip be once restrictions are eased: SEA-LAS
Why: Cuz its Vegas baby :bigthumbsup:

CunardVC10

Fri May 21, 2021 12:33 pm

My last flight was returning home to London from Perth, Western Australia in Jan 2020. When Covid 19 started to become an issue I cut short my winter in Australia and came home.

My routing was PER-DXB-LHR both legs on Emirates A380s.

TexasAirCorp

Mon May 24, 2021 10:23 pm

My last flight was CPH-STN on an SAS A32N in March 2020, just a few days before Denmark closed its borders. Flew into CPH from LGW on Norwegian Air a few days prior, possibly (hopefully not) my last opportunity to ever fly Norwegian.

MrBretz

Tue May 25, 2021 3:27 pm

I flew in Dec 2019 LAX-KOA and back. I visited friends. I am contemplating a return trip towards the end of the year.

doulasc

Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:32 am

June 2019 CMH-JFK on Delta,spent a night at the TWA Hotel,next day JFK-ATL on JetBlue A321 for the Airliners Convention
several days later ATL-CMH on Delta MD-80.

FlyEndeavorAir

Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:32 am

I've flown a bunch of different times during COVID but beforehand my last flight was early February 2020 ATL-MSP on a Delta 739 up in F. Lots of turbulence that day and the pilots could barely find any smooth air but the FA's managed to do a quick dinner and drink service up front. I had a beef dish, which was great. Definitely miss the time of free hot meals on shorter flights up front, as now all you'd get is a snack box.