Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Pi7472000
Topic Author

U.S. Airport Lounges

Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:03 pm

Which airline has the best airlines lounges in the U.S? I have always used the United Club, but have read good things about Delta so am wondering if they are better for lounge service. United is very hit and miss with customer service at lounges. SFO and EWR have had some rude staff over the years. LAX and ORD have been friendlier in my experience. I don’t a lot about AA or Alaska lounges. Airports are packed all the time now so there is a benefit to lounges.

Which lounge would you pay for and why?

KLMatSJC

Re: U.S. Airport Lounges

Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:16 am

Not an airline, but Amex's Centurion Lounges are fantastic.

jetwet1

Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:45 am

KLMatSJC wrote:
Not an airline, but Amex's Centurion Lounges are fantastic.

They are good, though at times a little overcrowded.

For me it's the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses, not the biggest for sure, but plenty of comfortable seating and good food.

UALFAson

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:22 am

This is a completely subjective question and I doubt there are very many people who belong to multiple airlines' lounges to be able to compare which of all of them is the best.

As you said, a lot of factors will vary from city to city. Arguably the best airline lounges are the ones in cities that you fly to or connect through.

I am a member of AA's Admirals Club and I think most of their locations are fine though nothing I would go gaga about. It helps being based in a smaller city (BNA) where I know the lounge staff at this airport and they know me.

fbgdavidson

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:38 am

#1 - United Polaris
#2 - AA Flagship Lounges (Flagship Dining combined with Flagship Lounges would be #1)
#3 - AA Admirals Club
#4 - Delta Skyclub
#5 - United Clubs

My personal ranking based on visits to a handful of all of them. Sure some are better than others but that's my personal ranking based on experience.

I do really like Amex Centurion lounges and would rate them on par with AA Flagship Lounges but they're usually completely swamped with people.

hoons90

Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:15 am

The Star Alliance lounge at LAX TBIT is the best lounge I've used in the US. I believe it's run by Air New Zealand.
Excellent buffet spread and outdoor patio with runway views.

United Club at BOS has some decent runway views, too. Friendly staff but very basic food/snacks.

zrs70

Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:31 pm

I am fortunate to have life memberships with the big three us carriers - as well as access to the AS and Centurion lounges.

I’ll put centurion aside.

DL consistently has better food offerings.

AA has consistently lousy offerings.

UA is in the middle.

I find AA clubs rather vanilla.

I find DL clubs super friendly.

I find UA clubs nicely furnished.

I find AS clubs small and intimate.

global2

Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:31 pm

I've always experienced polite and friendly staff in AA Admirals Clubs.

WesternDC6B

Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:45 pm

If a lounge or club has space with no television sets or background music, I'd rank it highly.

FlyingJhawk

Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:44 am

I really only have experience with DL. Obviously COVID has really impacted the level and availability of food options but it's slowly getting better. Even pre-pandemic the DL lounges were always very good - especially the one in the E terminal. LAX right now is barely tolerable with late afternooon being a particular pain the arse and I don't understand why the don't keep the second club across the hall past 6:00pm. SLC and DET (both) are very roomy and well appointed. PDX and SEA are good except the one at SEA with outside views of - exterior walls.

AWACSooner

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:04 pm

My two personal favorites that are purely airline lounges and not Centurion/Priority Pass lounges:
1. AS lounge in the North Terminal at Seattle
2. DL lounge in F concourse in Atlanta

9w748capt

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:34 pm

The best lounge is the one you have most convenient/frequent access to. Otherwise they're all somewhat equivalent in having mostly clean bathrooms and offering food/drink of some sort along with free wi-fi.

FlyEndeavorAir

Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:45 pm

Pre Covid I'd say the best was the SkyClub, followed by the Admirals Lounge at the United Clubs at the bottom. Post Covid I've only had experience with the Admirals Club so can't rate the rest.

chonetsao

Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:26 pm

oneworld First class lounge in LAX was the best in its class in US international lounges (IMO of course). Domestic airline owned lounge, ORD Flagship lounge gets my vote. It was small and quiet. Occasionally gets busy but felt very private.