Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PSAatSAN4Ever
Topic Author

Schedule Changes & Notification E-Mails - A Thing Of The Past?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 pm

Two upcoming segments:

SAN-LIT via DEN (United), and SBP-SAN (one-way) via Alaska Airlines.

SBP-SAN has changed from Horizon to SkyWest to Horizon since booking, and the new flight time is two hours later.

SAN-LIT completely changed, as the re-scheduled first flight of the day DEN-LIT is now scheduled before we can arrive at DEN.

Yes, I know changes happen all the time, and schedules nowadays are incredibly likely to change. However, in the past, when a schedule has changed, I almost always received notification of the updated time OR a chance for me to change my itinerary.

In the case of Alaska Airlines, it's such a minor deal it's not even worth going into (other than the great person I spoke to in reservations). United mostly allowed me to fix things myself; however, the premium seats I chose did NOT transfer over, but a lovely person at United saw this and fixed it for me. Everything is nicely taken care of to my satisfaction (such as it is with the schedule).

But are e-mail notifications now a thing of the past? A flight time change is one thing; having itineraries set up in a certain way to meet up with relatives is another. But not receiving notification? That's a little scary, especially since so many things can be computer generated.

Just curious...

IAHFLYR

Re: Schedule Changes & Notification E-Mails - A Thing Of The Past?

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:20 pm

In the "for what it's worth department", I've had more schedule changes than I can count over the years with both CO and now UA. Most if this is due to booking flights six-eight months out and I expect those to happen. I have always checked my account and reservations and catch most of them well in advance however, there are some that have been changed creating a situation where taking the flights made no sense whatsoever at all as it was similar to you with plans that would fall through.

My most recent schedule change was about January 2020, and I did not catch it until around two weeks out. When I called to explain this change would require me to miss a show they allowed me to move it to the day before without penalty. I asked the agent at the time why I did not receive an email or call alerting me to which she replied "this change was made more than 30 days before travel and we only email or call the passenger if it takes place inside of 30 days.

So to answer your question, UA should have alerted you IF it was inside that 30 day window, but of course policy changes and this one may very well have changed.

Best of luck, safe travels.

aklrno

Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:38 pm

I've taken several UA regional trips in the last 3 months, all booked long in advance, all had one or more changes. UA sent me an e-mail and offer to change on every one.

StlHsvSfoSan

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:05 am

WN changed my SAN-BWI-SAN flights (both directions changed, nonstop flights changed to one-stop or two-stop) for travel in September (originally booked in April). I got emails for both on them (each direction was booked separately).

727tiger

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:15 pm

DL has emailed me and my wife every time it has changed our booked flights, most recently about 2 weeks ago. So, in our experience, flight change notification emails are not a thing of the past for DL.