Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
airlinenavigato
Topic Author
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 am

What is the range in reality of a fully loaded 239seat A321neo?

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:36 pm

Like what distance would be the longest commercial route an airline would use it?

If relevant:
- no weight restrictions, so including 100% load factor of the 239seats and a lot of baggage during holiday time
- operated around the UAE, so temperatures between -10 and 45°C
- including security buffer so there gonna be no fuel stop if the conditions are more fuel consuming
- the airline is an LCC

On SF it was written the theoretical range of an 240seat A321neo is 3500nautical miles.

There are not so many airlines having a 239seat A321neo. They may not have used them to the actual maximum range. Neither are there many airlines having a 230seat A321ceo, which could be comparable.

Is there a way to find it out anyway?
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: What is the range in reality of a fully loaded 239seat A321neo?

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:51 pm

If you have a range chart for the aircraft and know your weights, you can use that.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: What is the range in reality of a fully loaded 239seat A321neo?

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:55 pm

Are you trying to draw a potential route map for Wizz Air's base in Abu Dhabi ?
 
airlinenavigato
Topic Author
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 am

Re: What is the range in reality of a fully loaded 239seat A321neo?

Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:57 am

AirKevin wrote:
If you have a range chart for the aircraft and know your weights, you can use that.


Thanks!

Does somebody know the payload of 239 passengers with their holiday baggage? :)
And which MTOW the Wizz Air A321neo have?
I assume they don't have an ACT?

Image

I don't need a precise number. A fact based approximate number would be also okay :)

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Are you trying to draw a potential route map for Wizz Air's base in Abu Dhabi ?


I would like to know from which distance on they need the XLR. Both the CEO and CCO said, they want to connect the dots in the existing network. With the range I expect from an 239seat A321neo I cannot see so much dots, that need an XLR.
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: What is the range in reality of a fully loaded 239seat A321neo?

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:16 am

airlinenavigato wrote:
AirKevin wrote:
If you have a range chart for the aircraft and know your weights, you can use that.


Thanks!

Does somebody know the payload of 239 passengers with their holiday baggage? :)
And which MTOW the Wizz Air A321neo have?
I assume they don't have an ACT?

Image

I don't need a precise number. A fact based approximate number would be also okay :)

I don't know what MTOW they have, nor do I know what holiday baggage weighs, but assuming one bag is 50 pounds and every passenger has one 50-pound bag, you'll hit MTOW before you get everyone on board. Therefore, it looks to be between 2250 to 2500 nautical miles, depending on MTOW. This assumes no ACTs.
 
airlinenavigato
Topic Author
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 am

Re: What is the range in reality of a fully loaded 239seat A321neo?

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:20 pm

according to this qebsite the MTOW of an A321neo is 89.000kg
http://wizzva.com/index.php/pages/aircraftinfo

So the maximum payload is 23.000kg.

According to the EASA a male adult passenger weights 84.6kg, an adult female 66.6kg and a child 30.7kg.
So let's say it's 45% males, 45% females and 10% children, the average passenger weight is 71kg.

Regarding luggage, it's an ULCC. Everything over 40x30x20cm costs extra. So the passengers have an incentive to travel with a small amount of luggage. Some passengers only travel with a small piece of hand luggage. Some couples only check-in one bag.

If on a fully loaded flight the average of luggage per passenger is 18kg (hand luggage + checked luggage), the payload is 21.000kg.

So the range should be between 2300 and 2600nmi
 
F27500
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: What is the range in reality of a fully loaded 239seat A321neo?

Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:27 am

An A321 with 239 seats .. I cant even imagine how miserable that would be .. even for an hour long flight.
 
airlinenavigato
Topic Author
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 am

Re: What is the range in reality of a fully loaded 239seat A321neo?

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:33 am

F27500 wrote:
An A321 with 239 seats .. I cant even imagine how miserable that would be .. even for an hour long flight.


Slim seats is the answer. Bringing more legroom. And other developments making it more comfortable.
 
F27500
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: What is the range in reality of a fully loaded 239seat A321neo?

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:28 pm

airlinenavigato wrote:
F27500 wrote:
An A321 with 239 seats .. I cant even imagine how miserable that would be .. even for an hour long flight.


Slim seats is the answer. Bringing more legroom. And other developments making it more comfortable.


I disagree there. I flew RT to Orlando recently on Spirit with those new slimline seats and they were miserable. Seat was hard .. and the seat bottom was shorter and smaller than a normal seat. And it had a partial recline already built in .. so with that recline and the shallower seat bottom, you felt as if you were sliding down. And no cushioning .. they felt more like seats you'd encounter on a commuter bus.

Gimmick .. not comfort .. not by a long shot.
 
airlinenavigato
Topic Author
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 am

Re: What is the range in reality of a fully loaded 239seat A321neo?

Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:33 pm

not every slim seat is the same...

The A321neo has the Airbus Cabin Flex configuration. The kitchen gets smaller. Therefore more space for seats.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: masi1157 and 18 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos