Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Topic Author

Do you check the current price of a flight after you booked it?

Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:06 pm

and the current price of other flights that were an option for you to take.

AirKevin

Re: Do you check the current price of a flight after you booked it?

Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:09 pm

Negative. What would be the point. Unless you have a refundable ticket, you most likely won't change it anyway.

Topic Author

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:13 am

AirKevin wrote:
What would be the point.

To check if one booked on the right day, if the price won't go down after booking. without being worried if it does^^. it's just a game :)

ACDC8

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:28 am

Almost always, just to see if I get angry or not :rotfl:

I usually check the prices on multiple devices or log out of my account and delete browsing history/delete cookies, sometimes, even using the same portal (i.e.:, Expedia), I'll get different prices.

Coal

Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:56 am

What a waste of time

dannynoble

Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:11 am

check it at least once a week. i never book basic economy so i can change my flight with no change fees. i book main cabin not rich enough for business or 1st. we booked AUS to TFN on Delta/AF and since we booked that in october for like 1100 per person we have the fare down to 850 per. and have 300 in flight credits. i do not care if i get cash back as long as i get flight credits i am happy. i want most value for my dollar.

dannynoble

Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:11 am

ACDC8 wrote:
Almost always, just to see if I get angry or not :rotfl:

I usually check the prices on multiple devices or log out of my account and delete browsing history/delete cookies, sometimes, even using the same portal (i.e.:, Expedia), I'll get different prices.

same here. i use the incognito tab but as i stated in my response i check at least once a week. no need to check more than that.

davidjohnson6

Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:49 am

I check from time to time if booked on Easyjet. Those with FF status on Easyjet can claim a credit voucher if the price falls below the price they paid - even on the most restrictive of tickets.

MD8090orDRIVE

Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:01 am

I do all the time. The few times the prices have gone down, Delta has allowed me to either cancel and rebook or just refund me the difference in the price. One of the few good things about COVID.

PatrickZ80

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:21 am

davidjohnson6 wrote:
I check from time to time if booked on Easyjet. Those with FF status on Easyjet can claim a credit voucher if the price falls below the price they paid - even on the most restrictive of tickets.

Frequent flyer status on EasyJet? Never heard about that, must be something new. The last time I checked EasyJet, just like every other European ULCC, didn't have any frequent flyer program. It's part of the reason they're cheaper than the full service airlines, or at least they're supposed to be. But EasyJet was never as cheap as Ryanair or Wizzair and they certainly don't have frequent flyer programs.

Anyway, sometimes I do check just to have a good laugh. I've paid peanuts to be on those flights and look at how expensive they are now. I certainly wouldn't have paid that much for it. The price always goes up, never down. Often enough if I check a week after I've bought my tickets they're already over twice as expensive as what I've paid for it.

eurotrader85

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:49 am

PatrickZ80 wrote:
davidjohnson6 wrote:

Frequent flyer status on EasyJet? Never heard about that, must be something new. The last time I checked EasyJet, just like every other European ULCC, didn't have any frequent flyer program. It's part of the reason they're cheaper than the full service airlines, or at least they're supposed to be. But EasyJet was never as cheap as Ryanair or Wizzair and they certainly don't have frequent flyer programs.

Easyjet has Flight Club which is an invite-only FF programme with one of the benefits as advised.

I regularly look at the price of flights I have booked after I have bought them. Normally just to make me feel warm inside as I see the price rise closer to departure and can tell myself I did the right thing. Although this can backfire, especially when this Omicrom variant went round and plunged fares lower. I felt sick when I was looking at the fare to board the plane I had booked six weeks earlier, drop to less than half the rate the day before departure.

dannynoble

Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:46 pm

eurotrader85 wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:
davidjohnson6 wrote:

Easyjet has Flight Club which is an invite-only FF programme with one of the benefits as advised.

I regularly look at the price of flights I have booked after I have bought them. Normally just to make me feel warm inside as I see the price rise closer to departure and can tell myself I did the right thing. Although this can backfire, especially when this Omicrom variant went round and plunged fares lower. I felt sick when I was looking at the fare to board the plane I had booked six weeks earlier, drop to less than half the rate the day before departure.

the 1st rule about Flight Club is you do not talk about Flight Club. :lol:

MartijnNL

Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 am

AirKevin wrote:
Negative. What would be the point.

Positive. The point would be the good feeling you get when discovering the fare has increased considerably.

classicjets

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:18 am

No. For the same reason I don't like to check my stock portfolio. A recipe for depression.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

masi1157

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 am

I always check the price of tickets on SAS the next day and within 24h. Simply because on SAS I can cancel within 24h and book again if the price dropped. That happened 2x during the last years (and ~10 bookings) and saved me a few 100€. Otherwise I sometimes check prices, but not regularly.

Gruß, masi1157

AirKevin

Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:54 pm

MartijnNL wrote:
AirKevin wrote:

Positive. The point would be the good feeling you get when discovering the fare has increased considerably.

And if the fare decreased, what do you do, cry?

masi1157

Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:09 pm

AirKevin wrote:

Is that the only thing you can do?

We had a booking HAM-FRA-JNB-WDH on SA (and LH) a few years ago. Every couple of weeks SA changed the schedule and asked me to accept it. After like the 5th change I checked the current price, found a much cheaper fare on BA/SW, and did not accept that change by SA. They had to return my money, I booked with BA and saved ~400€ for 2 tickets.

Gruß, masi1157

AirKevin

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:41 pm

masi1157 wrote:
AirKevin wrote:

Is that the only thing you can do?

We had a booking HAM-FRA-JNB-WDH on SA (and LH) a few years ago. Every couple of weeks SA changed the schedule and asked me to accept it. After like the 5th change I checked the current price, found a much cheaper fare on BA/SW, and did not accept that change by SA. They had to return my money, I booked with BA and saved ~400€ for 2 tickets.

Okay, but how often does the schedule get changed that you could do that so many times. If you booked a non-refundable ticket and the schedule doesn't get changed, but the ticket price is cheaper, not much you can do at that point.

fbgdavidson

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:19 pm

Not on personal flights, but work for travel I do. My company allows me to book semi-flexible FC fares for work. I'm rarely booking more than a month out and so usually check once or twice up until travel but it's extremely infrequent that I am able to take advantage of anything since I have a pretty good handle on fares and also at initial booking don't might taking slightly different connections etc. if it saves a few hundred bucks.

dannynoble

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:53 am

AirKevin wrote:
MartijnNL wrote:
AirKevin wrote:

well nowadays (at least in the USA) as long as you stay aways from basic economy or book any fare on Southwest. you can change the fare and get flights credits. Like i said in a previous post I have over $400 in flight credits now since i booked my tenerife trip in October. paid around 1250 or so then now the price is around 835.
so i am not crying. i can always use flight credits.

CarlosSi

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:55 am

Lol. I did once, and I regretted it ;) . Price went back down to $325 after I paid uhh.... 350? Or 375... I have a record of that.