Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DL757NYC
Topic Author

AA can’t seem to keep the JFK-SJO AA865 turns AA2280 on time.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 am

AA can’t seem to keep the JFK-SJO AA865 turns AA2280 on time. And the delays aren’t just a few hours 12-17 hours late. The inbound aircraft to JFK for the trip arrives normally on time. When I fly on AA865 it’s consistently late. What is going on with AA? I had to purchase another ticket for tomorrow because I can’t miss work Monday morning. I fly down to my condo 2-3 times a month. When JetBlue had the overnight flight I was late (40mins) once in a year.This month not one of my flights has departed on time. Looks like I’m going to bite the bullet and do UAL from EWR or Avianca has the nonstop for the time being. I just enjoy having a full Sunday in SJO flying in Monday mornings quick SSS at home and to work. Lately it feels as if I’m back to flying non rev having to plan alternatives.

American 767

Re: What is going on with AA?

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:16 am

Well I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with American. I have flown with them a lot in the last 30+ years of my life and I seldom had a similar issue. When there is a delay or a canceled flight, they rebook me. When booking a flight, I would always make sure I am scheduled to arrive at my final destination at least one day before having anything important so that if there is a delay, a canceled flight, a flight change or...whatsoever...I don't stress too much.
Safe travel.

ContinentalEWR

Re: AA can’t seem to keep the JFK-SJO AA865 turns AA2280 on time.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:47 pm

DL757NYC wrote:
AA can’t seem to keep the JFK-SJO AA865 turns AA2280 on time. And the delays aren’t just a few hours 12-17 hours late. The inbound aircraft to JFK for the trip arrives normally on time. When I fly on AA865 it’s consistently late. What is going on with AA? I had to purchase another ticket for tomorrow because I can’t miss work Monday morning. I fly down to my condo 2-3 times a month. When JetBlue had the overnight flight I was late (40mins) once in a year.This month not one of my flights has departed on time. Looks like I’m going to bite the bullet and do UAL from EWR or Avianca has the nonstop for the time being. I just enjoy having a full Sunday in SJO flying in Monday mornings quick SSS at home and to work. Lately it feels as if I’m back to flying non rev having to plan alternatives.

This post is pure flame bait and not interesting or relevant, but @DL757NYC, you'll need to find another flight to SJO from JFK anyway. AA is axing both of its Costa Rica routes out of JFK.

phxa340

Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:53 pm

Judging an airlines performance by one specific flight is like saying a school is awful because there is one bad teacher there , give me a break.

ozark1

Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:30 pm

ContinentalEWR wrote:
DL757NYC wrote:

This post is pure flame bait and not interesting or relevant, but @DL757NYC, you'll need to find another flight to SJO from JFK anyway. AA is axing both of its Costa Rica routes out of JFK.

Completely agree. Not worth a separate post. Airlines have chronically late flights all the time. It's not surprising though, because the daily AA bashers need their fill somehowl

robleroy121721

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:05 pm

ContinentalEWR wrote:
DL757NYC wrote:

Because the original title and the content opening post were somewhat inconsistent (because it focused a lot on the SJO-JFK flight), I do understand why it would seem as flame bait/click bait; I clicked because I thought there was another meltdown.

But perhaps the OP refers to AA's performance at JFK altogether for the past days/weeks (?)
"The inbound aircraft to JFK for the trip arrives normally on time."
If that were the case, it is snowing in the area so it's understandable for there to be delays.

Idk, just giving the OP the benefit of the doubt.

ContinentalEWR

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:31 pm

robleroy121721 wrote:
ContinentalEWR wrote:
DL757NYC wrote:

Because the original title and the content opening post were somewhat inconsistent (because it focused a lot on the SJO-JFK flight), I do understand why it would seem as flame bait/click bait; I clicked because I thought there was another meltdown.

But perhaps the OP refers to AA's performance at JFK altogether for the past days/weeks (?)
"The inbound aircraft to JFK for the trip arrives normally on time."
If that were the case, it is snowing in the area so it's understandable for there to be delays.

Have flown in and out of JFK four times the last 2 weeks on transcons (LAX, SNA). Flights departed on time, arrived early both coming and going. Not a measure of performance obviously, but neither is a dumb post about one flight that was delayed. Twice.

Idk, just giving the OP the benefit of the doubt.

asuflyer

Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:02 pm

The OP has a point. Looking at the launches of JFK-GEO and JFK-CLO/MDE went very poorly. JFK-CLO for weeks would be canceled half of the week due to crewing issues. MDE to a lesser extent. Now the same issue is occurring with SJO.

Airlines0613

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:33 pm

phxa340 wrote:
Judging an airlines performance by one specific flight is like saying a school is awful because there is one bad teacher there , give me a break.

It’s not just one flight though, they are the worst of the US3 carriers with on-time performance. I’ve experience countless amounts of delays and it’s ridiculous.

https://yourmileagemayvary.net/2021/06/ ... nce/?amp=1

The article is from 6 months ago. With the massive cancellations AA experienced the last couple of months, I bet they are even farther down in the list.

Avianca

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:48 pm

I was booked on the (I think forth or fight flight) when they started the route and JFK-SJO was cancled due to crew issues...
The hotel that AA paid me anyhow at the end was more expensive than the ticket (that was around 194 USD all in)

DL757NYC
Topic Author

Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Avianca wrote:
I was booked on the (I think forth or fight flight) when they started the route and JFK-SJO was cancled due to crew issues...
The hotel that AA paid me anyhow at the end was more expensive than the ticket (that was around 194 USD all in)

I’ve paid 194 dollars 5 weeks in a row for my tickets. I didn’t even bother to pack my bag once I saw AA865 kick out. It was an interesting conversation I had to have with my boss. I don’t advertise that I have a condo down in SJO.